Complaints & Reviews

refuses to actually send profit payment by check as per agreement.

Blurb claims they sent the profit check Sept 12, 2019. After over a month of not receiving the payment I contacted Blurb through the website.
After a week of playing email tag, I was told a replacement was sent October 19, 2019 and if it don't arrive by Friday October 25, 2019 they would send another.
No profit payment was received. By not receiving either mailings indicates either the USPS stole both of the profit payments and did not cash them and just threw them away, or Blurb never sent them in the first place.
Since the odds and common sense indicate Blurb never sent them, on October 27, 2019 I asked Blurb if profit payments was just a scam and if they never had any intention of sending any profit payments.
Now they will not respond to repeated requests to resolve this matter through the website.

I then tried to call them directly because they wont respond to repeated requests through the website to resolve this issue but Blurbs phone number is fake and leads nowhere [protected]
Blurbs other number [protected] has been disconnected.
Both more indications of deception by Blurb.

Horrible!

ok, blurb, where's your customer service? Do you have issues in recruiting people? Or you only have a machine that sends automatically generated answers and doesn't help at all? And needless to say, my question was simple, I didn't have a hard issue, but I got a copy-pasted answer that had nothing to do with my situation. Are there real people working for you at this department? So disappointed with this.
I only wasted time on your useless service.

Customer service is extremely ridiculous!

This site is horrible, but their customer service is extremely ridiculous! You cannot get an actual person on the phone. You can write tons of emails, but there will be no response. I sent them many emails, but only after almost a month I got my first reply from Blurb. But there was nothing useful there! They only sent me a link where I could find the answer to my question. They also mentioned that I can send them emails if there will be any problems. They told “We are always happy to help our customers”. I messaged them again, but the same happened – no response. They have obviously gotten too big to care about the individual customer anymore.

Awful customer service

I only have horrible comments about Blurb's Customer Service team. My two main issues are: (1) Blurb continually prints RED too loud. The REDs are never close to the original pictures. Despite multiple attempts with customer service at resolving it; they did not care; (2) after an order, I asked Customer Service to inform the printer to go outside the standard spec of 20 pages for a SmartBook, but Bruce from Customer Service did not care; he was not willing to entertain contacting the printer for an adjustment; too much effort to place one call and help a customer; he has too many orders to allow for an exception...

We've got our ebook price being changed without notifying us

We've not had a great experience with Blurb. We spent over $700 to install Adobe InDesign, and then had to reformat our book to fit the specs. Then there were multiple problems with the uploads. Very frustrating! Now, we've got our ebook price being changed without notifying us! Our $14.99 Ebook, went to $12.99 last week (we didn't do it). We reset it to $14.99. This week it jumped to $16.99 (we didn't do it). We've reset it to $14.99. There's no consistency with Blurb. We have to post separate widgets for the Ebook, and Ipad version. Customer's can't click on a full menu of our books multiple-versions. We wouldn't recommend this site.

• Ke
    Kent from Blurb Nov 21, 2012

Hey Eborce,

I work at Blurb. I'm sorry you've run into this problem – it's not something I've heard of happening before. Please contact our Support Team so they can look into this for you: http://blur.by/Teoa6W

Kent from Blurb

Duping customers

Blurb.Com is billing me for two photo books due to an error in their online order form. This error was not because I did not check my work. It was because their order form gave me an error message of failure on the next screen after I entered my credit card. This indicated to me that the order was not placed and it had failed. I resubmitted the order using my PayPal next. I now have two books coming and not one. This is FRAUD! It's easy to see that they are intentionally giving folks a failure message in order for them to place a second order.

MaryRC Jul 19, 2010

Blurb bound the wrong parts of my three books together. They obviously never bothered to check the products before they shipped them. Worse, Blurb never admitted any possibility of their having made an error. Their e-mails said they were sorry that I HAD A PROBLEM with the quality. They placed the blame entirely on my not liking the results and would take no responsibility for having bound the books completely wrong. They acted as if I am lying and demanded scans or the books themselves. I sent scans, but I rather doubt I'll ever get this corrected, despite all my effort, time, and money.

Bad service

I just created a book of one of my daughter’s collage stories using Blurb's software, and ordered...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices