BlueHippo Funding, LLCfalse advertisement!

I purchase a computer from Blue Hippo, I paid $99.00 activation fee, plus six weeks debit amount of 39.99 totaling $239.94. I also pay and extra six week debit amount of 39.99 before Blue Hippo sent my computer. The only thing that was shipped was a 17' color Monitor (monster size monitor) I was told it would be a flat monitor, Harddrive, speakers, keyboard and mouse, and a few softwares that did not equal the $700.00 dollars promised. I called and asked about the free flat screen LCD 20' color TV, color printer, and software games promised and they said that it will be shipped soon.

It has now been 11 months. Need to say I have canceled my account and stopped payments on this computer with cost $2337.50. I received a letter from a law firm Hosto,Buchan, P.L.L.C (Notice of Filing of Arbitration Award) to garnish my payroll for this computer with cost $500.00 at Walmart. I will be fighting this! By any means necessary!

• Valerie Jan 08, 2007

I do not know where to start. I ordered a computer from BlueHippo Funding in January '04. Today, September 14, 2004, I was told by a representative in the legal division that I will receive it by September 20 or the 21st, 2004. To date I have paid this company 1603.34 and I received nothing. I have reported this company to the Attorney General of Maryland, Consumer Protection Division and they were very instrumental in assisting me with this company. Hopefully I will receive this computer by these dates given as of today.

This company is clearly practicing fraudulent practices to deceive consumers into thinking getting a computer from them is easy. I cannot tell you how many phone calls I have made letters sent etc. I will report this company to the better business bureau. I hope anyone considering doing business with this company sees this website first.

• Valerie Jan 16, 2007

On November 14, 2006 I contacted Bluehippo about purchasing one of their computers. After 3 days I decided that I did not want to go through with the purchase and on November 17, 2006 called the customer service department and notified them that I wanted to cancel my order. I was told that they would still be debiting my account for the $99.00 down payment, but that I would receive it back since I had cancelled my order in plenty of time. I was also told that it would take 5-7 weeks to receive my refund. Today is January 16, 2007 and I am still trying to get my money back.

I have called multiple times and no one there can tell me who the CEO or President is, I've been told that the employees don't have supervisors that they report to. So who runs this Scam operation, he has his ### well covered. What must he be doing to deserve such loyalty. I work hard for my money and I will not give up, $100.00 is a lot of money to me and I want it back.

Anwar Al-Gani Feb 03, 2007

I ordered my computer in June of 2006 and still don't have it...its now 2-2-07. Beware of this scam company!

• Ve
    veronica toliver Dec 31, 2007

THE SAME HAPPEN TO ME,BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT THE COMPUTER HAD TO BE PAI D IN FULL,AND THAT I COULD NOT MISS A PAYMENT .AFTRE I HAD WAITED OVER SIX WEEKS FOR ANY PART OF THE COMPUTER TO SHOW UP AT MY DOOR. NOW THE COMPUTER IS PAID IN FULL STILL NO TV,PRINTER,OR SOFTWEAR AND NOTHING HAVE BEEN SAID ABOUT THE 300$ REBATE. I HAVE CALLED AND CALLED HAVE NOT GOTTEN A GOOD ANSWER.IF I HAD KNOW ABOUT A COMPLAINT SONNER I WOULD HAVE DID SO. THEY ARE FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. AND THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED.I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

• Li
    Linda Rothwell Jan 03, 2008

On December 05, 2006 I contacted Blue Hippo to purchase a computer. After 6 months I had not received my computer but my account was being deducted every week after the $99.00 dollars which was my deposite for $39.99 each week. Since then I have cancelled the order and requested my refund . I have called on many occasions only to get the run around. It is now January 03, 2008. I now get a recording saying an account specialist with will help me shortly. After 45 minutes I'm still waiting. What kind of scam is this? If you know of a way I can get answers please contact me. It seems that Blue Hippo is not what they say. I think there is a law against false advertisement some where. If you know where I can seek help with this problem please email me. Thanks Desperate.

• Ki
    Kim Jones Jan 23, 2008

I total agree with you there is a law against false advertisment and they should be the ones to be takin to small claims court and get what they deserve. Alot of poeple are angry with this company and i dont blaim them. You signthe contract hopeing they will abby by it as well and its them most of the time that isnt following there own guide lines for the items we have requested or purchased from blue hippo. I ordered a computer with the flat screen color tv and color printer and MY $500.00 refund or rebate same thing and it took for ever to get the tv but i did. i paid my payment every month on time never late and this is the thanks i get. What ever blue hippo we are all going to get a BIG time lawyer and get you for all that you have taken from the people who are keeping you in buisness. I havent got my other items i was told i would get at closing. I even got a letter back because i sent a cerified one out to them and it also said please wait another 10 to 21 days for this stuff, well guess what its been 10 mths now and i have never heard anything else. I also do not know what to do for this to be over. I work hard for my money as well and i would like to get what i paid for, even if it was alot more then i should of paid for a computer anyway. I want my things and my refund please anyone help.

• Le
    LeCore Griffin Feb 07, 2008

Blue hippo did the same thing to me I've paid in full and they lied and lied about sending my computer and free items. They are full of it from top to bottom. I want my money back for being treated so (nonexistance). If someone can help please email me. Thanks alot. It's good to have good people around.

• Ro
    robyn owens Feb 21, 2008

I also hace been waiting for a 124.00 refund since 100907 from blue hippo i have been given the run around also what can be done about this i cancelled my order less than 24 hours after my purchase.

• Wi
    Wilbert E Garner Jr Feb 27, 2008

Bluehippo I had no service with a company like your because everybody get tired of been a dame fool all time. I deceide to go to the bureau claims department too taked acts agaistion your the department? When a custmore pay for his order why do he get his service no time .

• Ca
    CAROLBOOKARD Feb 27, 2008

TO ANY ONE WHO CHOOSE TO GET A COMPUTER FROM THIS COMPANY IT IS A NO NO, MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN PAID FOR ALMOST A YEAR, STILL I HAVE NOT RECEIVE MY PRINTER OR SOFTWEAR BUNDLE NOR MY REBATE, THEY SENT ME A TV. THAT WAS DAMAGE, AND WHEN I CALLED AND TOLD THEM THEY SAID THEY WOULD NEVER SEND A TV. OUT LIKE THAT. YOU CAN NEVER TALK TO ANY REPS.ALWAYS THE SMALL PEOPLE. TO ANY ONE WHO IS WILLING TO GO TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT I FEEL WE CAN WORK THIS OUT, YOU HAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS THE MORE PEOPLE THE BETTER.

• Vi
    VICKY S. BENSON Apr 10, 2008

BlueHippo needs for the Government to take further action and suspend their liscense permanantly. They gave a description of the computer they were suppose to be selling me and I wrote everything down. When I recieved the paperwork in the mail approximately 3 months later it was a much less expensive computer described, and..after calling them repeatedly for about 6 months they kept telling me they would send the corrected paperwork.. but all I recieved was continuous duplicates of the original paperwork that they sent me, and by now they had taken a little over $1000.00 from my checking account. Finally I put a stop-payment on that and reported it to the attorney general in their state. Companies who use fradulant means to gain business and rip off the public as this BlueHippo has done to so many should not be allowed to practice any kind of business under any kind of liscense.

THAT IS MY OPINION. I WANT MY money back.

• Ir
    Irenea Brand May 13, 2008

I to have been had by this company.I paid in full, yes I recieved my computer and the allowed accessery.And I 've waited the amount of time that asked of me for the rest of my free item.I still have not recieved nothing to this day.Now its 2008 I applied in nov. of 2006 to build my credit because I reciently seperated from a bad marriage of 19 years. so anyways I fell for the add and got took for a $2337.50 computer and no free items that were promised for for being a great costomer.I've called the co. bluhippo time and time again and my answer from them is call back in two weeks and we should have a tracking number of the delivery that contained the free items. And everytime no number and no answer. Also they've told me my account and complaint was sent to upper management. Which of whom to this day i'm still waiting to hear from.If theres any answer out there I would like to know. How Do I get my money back or the free items that were promised. Yes why the small people? why can't companies be honest and stop ripping people off who help build there company? Any answers are welcomed. despreate in Delaware...

• Fl
    flor martinez May 16, 2008

cancelation of buying a computer and reclaiming my deposit!

• Ru
    Ruth VanDeVanter May 18, 2008

I have been treated the same way.I am a 65 year old widow on SS disabilty and my husband's SS.The computer is my life and I have complied with them faithfully and get the roundaround every time I call.

• Mi
    Michael Bell Jun 09, 2008

My name is Michael Bell, I brought a computer in 06-08-2006 Paand paid off my computer. This is now 2008 and have not receive my Plat Montior TV and Printer and still waitting for the stuff. I've called and called and they kept giving me a run around. I'm tiredn of calling them upn every month. That's why i stopped calling them for my. And still waiting for my rebate.

My Name is Michael bel.

• St
    Stacinova Singh Jun 15, 2008

I too have purchased a computer from Blue Hippo and awaiting the LCD tv and printer and to date I still have not received same as per contract.The computer has started giving lots of problems as well. I am also still waiting for my rebate. I'd like to know what can be done to either receive the products or be compensated without having to go to court! Thank You

• Le
    leslieSpringer Jun 16, 2008

I ordered a computer from blue hippo and this was a year ago. I have gotten my free printer, the three hundred dollar rebate but have yet to recieve the tv and software bundle. I have called so many times and have gotten the run around every time. I feel that if you are going to advertise these things back up what you are selling and don't give people the run around, just send what you promised!

• Do
    Dolvis Mayger Jul 09, 2008

I had no problems getting my computer. Iam still having problems getting my free gifts. I made all my payments on time, and have called every week, where are my free gifts. Nine months I have waited, still no gifts. They give no reason, why? WHY? WHY? I asure you they will be sent. Then where are they. I am tired of asking, and tired of the excuses. Flase Advertisement, is not the way to go. Why is it they can get a lawyer for not payment, but we can do nothing for their lies. LIES! LIES! LIES!

• Rr
    R.R. LOVE Jul 15, 2008

I CANCEL MY ACCOUNT PRIOR TO THE SEVEN DAYS ALLOWED I SAT ON THE PHONE NEARLY AN HOUR WAITING ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WANTED TO SURPRISE MY LITTLE GIRL WITH A LAP TOP.ANYWAY THEY DIDNT HONOR THE AGREEMENT AND WENT INTO MY DAUGHTER ACCT AND TRY TO GET THE MONEY. THEY WASNT SUCCESSFUL, BUT THE BANK HIT ME WITH A SERVICE CHARGE 35 BUCKS.THERE CROOKS AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.THE BETTER BUSINESS NEEDS TO PULL THERE PERMIT, UNLESS THERE PART OF THE PROMBLEM TO. I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE AND THEY WILL BE ACTION TAKEN.

James Maiben Jul 22, 2008

I ordered a Dell computer fromBlue Hippo in Febrary, 2008 and still have not received it.

Everytime you call me, it's always a different lie one after the other. I have a list of six calls made to them and no one wants to answer your questions, more and less let to talk to come one in upper management.

I am a senior citizen and can't aford to throw money about in the toilet all together thay have taken $753.82 from my checkcing account and they need to be help accountable for this. I will notify the Attorney General and also the BBB about this company.

• Ti
    Tiffany M. Jul 23, 2008

I have my computer over two years now and I haven't receive my 20' TV and my color printer that was promise to me. The only anwser that I get from them is to wait 15 DAYS, it coming in two weeks, or it coming with shipping in that area or state, which is a lie. I don't think this company helps with your credit at all, but just take our money from us. Their agreement is to take it out of our account each month, which they are getting paid anyway. What do I need to do. NEED ANSWERS!!!

• Ci
    Cindy Gehricke Jul 24, 2008

I purchased a computer from Blue Hippo, I paid for it over a course of several months, when it was paid for I ended up calling them, it was shipped but as they advertised a free printer and a 20 inch tv as a mater of fact it does not even have audio, now I ask what kind of 2300.00 is that. I do plan to contact the BBB.

• Pe
    pearlie cobb Jul 25, 2008

will you please cancel my order. because im get ripped off

• Er
    ernest bost Aug 04, 2008

This is a very bay company( Bluehippo) They lie and missrepresent.

• Co
    Collins Eke Aug 06, 2008

I followed the same Blue Hippo policy and ordered purchased a computer (17" Dell) from Blue Hippo. After initial $300.00 down payment wchich according them you receive the computer. They waited until over $1000.00 diduction from my account before sending the computer without the printer. I called them to complain that the computer came without the printer, they said that I will receive the printer when the receive a complete payment, an information I did not know. I had buy a printer for the computer. a couple months later I completed the payment which came to a total of $2, 175.00 Dollars. I called them to find out when they plan to send $300.00 rebate, Flat Screen Tv and the Color Printer. They said that I will receive all these things within 4 to 12 weeks. I waited for 4 months, I called them they said that I should another 2 to 4 weeks I waited another 2 months. I called them I was kept on hold for more than an hour only to be told that I have to wait another 2 to 4 weeks. It has been more 9 months since I paid off for the computer I still have not received the $300.00, Printer and Color Flat Screen Tv I am entitled.
    This is a computer that worth $500.00 Dollars if I had purchased it directly from Dell Computer. To my regret I just found out that Dell computer have the same program so long as they keep the computer for the first three payments and it cost $535. 00 with color printer included.

• Ro
    roy smith Aug 12, 2008

i purchased acomputer from bluehippo .paid it off in feb.13 20008.ihave not receive the$300.00 rebate orflatpanel t.v or colorprinter or the complete software bundle. ipaid $2079.48 on time.

• Sb
    sbernardos Aug 19, 2008

I canceled my order berfore they even took the money out of my account. Then I find out they took the money out after the phone cancellation. I am going to the better bussiness bureau in my area they will hopefully be able to help me. I cancelled within seven days so I should get my money back.

• Re
    rebecca stuber Aug 20, 2008

I bought a computer from blue hippo as well, they told me i would get a free all in one printer, copier, free 20 in.tv.and 300.00 rebate.I have called them so many times that it makes me sick.They have told me a different story every time I call.What they are doning is illegal;and someone needs to stop them ;so we all can get are money back.My computer cost me 2000.00 they rippted me off real good along with a lot of you others.The thing is too;that they are still advertisting the same lie on tv.When you call them, The only talk from anyone you get is that stupid recording. I have wasted a lot of time on the phone triewing ton work this out with them, but they don't want tofix them problem that very obbvious.What they want is for people
    stop calling them, and for the most part that is what is happening and they are getting away with stealing.

• El
    elnora Feb 17, 2009

the ad.is false.they didnt tell me i had to make 7payments before i get my computer.they shouldnt even be in buss. ive cancelled my order.so ill see if they still take money out of my account.

• Am
    Amanda Jun 15, 2009

Okay after reading all this horrible reports on Blue Hippo I am so furious. I am also a victim of Blue Hippo. On November of 2008 I opened an account with them, I was really happy thinking that 'oh this sounds great, I get to build a good credit and I'll receive a really cool laptop by making small biweekly payments'. Ok so that was november, months went by...and I started to get concerned because I hadn't received a computer so I gave then a call yet I was on hold for a really long amount of time, about 30 mins so I hung up. I tried again other days but same thing happened.

Ok so I thought to myself that I would just keep paying this biweekly payments of $69.98 and hopefully soon they would ship my computer...unfortunately I was sadly mistaken. Just about a month ago in march I called the order number (which is avaialbe 24/7, unlike the customer service number which is only available mon-fri from 9am-6pm eastern time, f***ing a-holes) and they answered RIGHT AWAY and well I told them that I was a current customer and that they never picked up and the F***ING IDIOT told me that: 'heh heh, oh wow very bizarre, here why dont you call this number? but dont do it now, wait 30 mins' but IT WAS THE SAME CRAP THEY NEVER PICKED UP.

Ok so just recently I spoke with my mother about what was happenign to me and she told me to just cancel the account and receive store credit since I already know they will not give refunds. I've paid this a-holes exactly 798 bucks which is pretty much 800 hard earned dollars!!! Ok just last morning before I head off to work I decided to call Blue Hippo, after about 25 mins they answered and I told the dude that I just wanted to cancel my account and he asked me why, I politely said 'Just because I cant afford spending 140 monthly dollars' and he said he was going to transder me over to some other department to cancel my account...

Okay after ANOTHER 25 mins a lady answered, I told her I wanted to cancel and she tried to stop me by saying 'but we are about to ship your computer next week' I said to myself 'oh how convinient to say that at this time...' but I still said SCREW IT and that I wanted to cancel it. She offered to lower my payment(which after reading all this reports from others, I sincerly doubt that she wouldve lowered my payment). So she said she had cancelled my account...

Ok so I went to work and after I got off I tried to order something from Blue Hippo and it said that my account was STILL ACTIVE!!! I was like what the heck is going on!? I got really paranoid and well customer service was closed already so now I have to wait until tomorrow to speak with them again!! But now I read all this people saying that it took them several tries to actually get them to cancel their accounts. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! I am thinking of calling my bank tomorrow and explain them what is going on to see if they can stop this people from taking any more money out of my account.

After reading all this reports from others I am scared about receiving store credit too because I am afraid that I will not receive anything(besides I would need to send them a money order to pay for S&H and I just dont wanna send this people any more money!!!)

I am hoping to find someone that can help me because I want those 800 bucks back OR a computer or some darn good product from those a-holes because 800 dollars is a lot of people to just waste!!!

PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY, THEY ONLY RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!

• Do
    DOLORES Jun 15, 2009

BLUE HIPPO TOOK OVER 2000, DOLLARS FROM ME OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT I HAD TO CHANGE THIS ACCOUNT TO MAKE THEM STOP. SO IF ANY ONE IS GOING TO TRY TO GET A COMPUTRE FROM THEM YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF SAVING THE MONEY OR GOING TO RENT A CENTER!DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!

• Ne
    neva47 Mar 15, 2010

i never got my computers from blue hippo i made ll my payments why do they let companies do this
    will i ever get my money back.

• Wh
    whywyme May 12, 2010

in july of 2008 i started making payments on a new dell computer through bluehippo funding.i never received my computer after their promise to send it to me after making a certain amount of payments.so i kept calling asking them why i hadt received it, and being told timeand time again that it would be shipped any day now.i eventually just told them to refund all the money i had paid so far which totals 1301.00.they told me they wouldnt give me a refund.i kept calling and getting the same response.i never recieved my money back or my computer to this day.how can i get my money back?someody please help me!

• Da
    Dale C Jul 28, 2011

Dell computer through bluehippo funding. i never received my computer after their promise to send it to me after making a certain amount of payments. so i kept calling asking them why i hadt received it, and being told time and time again that it would be shipped any day now. i eventually just told them to refund all the money i had paid so far which totals 300.00 they told me they wouldnt give me a refund. i kept calling and getting the same response. i never recieved my money back or my computer to this day.