Bidrack.comMy credit card was billed $99.00

A

I went to this web site after seeing an ad. I registered and put in my credit card information with a slightly uneasy feeling but I thought ok it is for future purchases. I bid $.01 for a 10 bid package and won it. That is all I bought. The next day my credit card was billed $99.00. After many attempts to get through to them with no answer I called my credit card company and initiated a fraud dispute. I finally did get through to a lady who said by entering the website the way i did I agreed to purchase the 175 bid pack which is one of the more expensive packs. I did not agree to that. I never saw anything about that. She said in essence said TOO BAD.

• Ta
    tarzen Jun 03, 2016

i googled online and found a website:bidrack.com
    i thought it was a good deal, so i registered an account but i didn't know i was charged 99 dollars for bids. i contacted customer service as soon as possible to complain this situation but she said i agreed to pay it. i was totally confused but i had no way to ask me money back. And i didn't use the website often, then today i tried to open that ; however, i couldn't. so i want to know this website's just a scam??? and the other web is [email protected], what is that? safe? for whom?

i want my money back. who took it?

• Kr
    kris481 Jun 03, 2016

same thing happened to me. just went to look for a kindle. put my card number in thinking if i find something - would buy. next thing i know I have a 99.00 charge on my card for buying a package. I WAS FURIOUS! even if I picked a package I would not have picked a 99.00 one - don't have that kinda of money

• Do
    Don't DoBusinessWithBidrack.com Jun 03, 2016

disagree...In order to finalize the registration a credit info was required and I thought it was for future purchases.

• Ny
    NYSusan Jun 03, 2016

Read your own words "you did when you entered your card #" I have been a happy customer of theirs for months. And I just looked at their site again (maybe it changed) but the purchase price is clearly stated. Keep in mind they are new. Doesn't mean they were scamming. Anyways, you people are frustrating. Your the one who put in your info. I am looking around and I'm not the only one who feels this way.

• Do
    Don't DoBusinessWithBidrack.com Jun 03, 2016

This is an unacceptable business practice and it's deem to be a fraud that bidrack.com is conducting and charging $99 for registering without authorized. When I registered; a credit card info was requested; I thought ok it is for future purchases. It did not say anywhere that I bought the bid package of 175bids. I thought this was a free sign up. The registration page was misleading, making you beleive that you are finalizing your registration...and I never agreed to pay for any bid packages.

• Al
    Alhey Feb 28, 2012

I got a $99.00 charge on my credit card that I knew nothing about and want it taken off.

• Os
    oscaralvarez1978 Feb 17, 2012

I spend the same $ 99 dollars they charged me to register when I realized my card ask them and they said they had bought because I asked them point to bet my money back and I only have around for a year and have not been are some thieves returned nothing

• Ta
    tarzen Jan 19, 2012

i have the same situation. and now the problem is i couldn't open the website. i want to know the reason and costom service who told me the same thing they have a signment below "i agree". i thought they are lying. who can tell me how can i get the money back?

• Mo
    monkeys Sep 12, 2011

I clicked a free bid link through facebook and didn't know my credit card was charged $99 until the bill came. When I called they told me exactly what I had done and said they couldn't do a refund because I agreed to it. My husband had just lost his job and so many things had happened it was the last thing we needed but didn't know what to do about it.

• Ro
    Roger Fun Aug 11, 2011

vist site looking for info decided wasn't for me op out and was charge for doing nothing

• Di
    Dianelt Aug 04, 2011

Total scam!!! They claim penny bid, but it's not. The claim bid guarantee, but then advise to bit for practice and new. Once you bid on anything you don't want and win, then say good buy to your $99 dollars! Complete scam. They claim item will be send within 14 days, it's been over a month nothing received. YOU WILL NOT WIN ANYTHING! I've spent hours, even sat and watch at all hours, seen items won like the Iphone for less then $.50, one after another, but every time I bid, then I see new people come on board and bid. I stopped bidding, they win. I've tired this out and even tested it. Never fails. I've spend over $125 dollars only to win items I really don't want or need. But advised by their rep I should try bidding so I can have practice. Then I win and find out their win guarantee doesn't qualify. ETC ETC ETC.. and now.. wait over month and nothing has been shipped and or it's been showing shipped... now 2 weeks later and still not received. I guess I'm not the only one who got tricked with the advertising. SCAMMERS!!!

• Lu
    Lucie Levy Jul 11, 2011

same with me! I think we should have a collective action against them but don't know how to do it and to report to whom. Any idea?

• Ju
    Justin.A Jul 08, 2011

I just read recently under newest posts area of Penny Auction Watch: The State of Georgia Shuts Down Wavee
    “Wavee.com has been shut down by Georgia Governors Office of Consumer Protection because they were operating illegally by not being registered with the Georgia Auctioneers Commission.”

Also I read in another recent post at Penny Auction Watch: Not Licensed? You May Need to Think Twice Before Starting a Penny Auction
    “Here is an alphabetical list of the 21 LICENSE FREE states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming.”

I couldn’t help but note that Delaware is not on the current list of states that DO NOT require licensing. Do you believe like I do that an ANYONE who has been adversely affected could make an inquiry with the Delaware Governors Office of Consumer Protection for specific information of the licensing requirements of that state that BidRack.com has a registration?
    Bidrack, Inc.
    Phone: [protected] View Additional Phone Numbers
    2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Wilmington, DE 19808
    [email protected] http://www.bidrack.com
    F On a scale of A+ to F

Joseph R. "Beau" Biden, III (D)
    Delaware Attorney General
    Elected: 2006, 2010
    Carvel State Office Bldg., 820 N. French St., Wilmington, DE 19801
    [protected]

Consumer Complaint Forms
    Consumer Alerts

dee is scum Jul 07, 2011

@gken the main page discloses it the page they give publishers hides it so the pubs EPC is high enough for them to get traffic.

Anyone charged by bidrack just call your credit card company and dispute the charge, Bidrack has already lost their processing the banks and visa know they are a scam just dispute it and get your money back. also watch out for their new site dealday.com we should start seeing tons of complaints on that site in the next few weeks

• Sp
    SpikenChester Jul 07, 2011

I was charged for a bid package when I left that decptive evil business two weeks ago before they made changes to that page. Heser's the funny part, I did see the list of bid packages in the lower right but nothing said I would be charged for them but I saw one was already indicated as a choice and I couldn't change from the one package to any other and a zero option was not there.I did not want to use that website because of this deception was likely just an indication of that business not legit. I erased all my information so every line was blank just so they couldn't sneak in any charges. that was the plan I thought until I tried to leave. The page would not close and seemed to be frozen so I just shut down my browser. I started it again and guess what I had in my mailbox? A bill from Bidrack for the defaulted bid package I did not want.

• Ak
    Akintole Jun 30, 2011

The ad offers a new Kindle for $21.95, but the link takes you to a bid option site. Registering with credit card info charges you $99 for registering which you only find out on your next credit card statement. Apparently they get away with this because the terms and conditions must somewhere state that you will be charged for registering, but you have to do a lot of reading to find this out. IT IS A SCAM.

• Vi
    violet whistler Jun 23, 2011

Like you I signed up but was not charged until I ordered my bid rack, but they kept charging my account for bids I didn't buy. The minute I noticed it I closed my account. I tried getting ahold of there 24/7 phone support, that was a joke never did get ahold of them. If I had the time I would go to my Atty General and charge them with fraud. I just want to warn everyone if you are using there actions check you bank account daily because these people will take your money without your concent. I won an item but have not received it yet, I don't have any hope of getting it. This ripoff joke of a compant should be shut down.

• Bi
    bidracksucks Jun 23, 2011

The whole site is a scam. They show that they are selling stuff for 98% discount but a lot of people are losing money because of hidden fees and charges. The site sales technique is a fraud.

• Mr
    Mrs3Jz Jun 22, 2011

I went to this site today. It said I could register for free. It would not let me finish signing up until I entered my credit card information. There was nothing, there is nothing stating that they would charge my card $99. I found out when I went to buy something later in the day and the $99 was not on my card. I called them and the customer service person sent me a request for refund to my email. I filled it out and they denied it because they have a no refund policy. I wrote back and told them I would be filling out a BBB complaint. I will also be contacting my Attorney General and my bank. I will also post what happened to me on twitter, facebook and myspace so all my friends and family can see it. There was NO stated charge on the register page. Jackie Justice [protected]

• 21
    216MaryK Jun 22, 2011

I got scammed too, I am reading my story over and over regarding this group of crooks. I am blowing up their customer service e mail (called once, wasted a ton of cell phone minutes for nothing) I've also disputed it on my credit card, and reported them to the BBB in Delaware and also British Columbia, and will continue to fight and spread the word about these thieves. The $99 they took from me should have gone to my electric bill. A-holes. Keep on fighting everyone! If nothing else happens, we will be spreading the word.

• Bi
    Bidrack.com Jun 22, 2011

BIDRACK.COM WARNING!!!
    The website is misleading, and dishonest, while I was registering they manage to charged me $75 on my account without my permission. I called customer service and they are basically useless. You have to email supportbidrack .com in order to be consider for a resolution of your case and wait almost a week. I am closing my account with them after registering. Save yourself a headache and stay away from Bidrack.com, Total fraud.

• Ms
    MsMichelle68 Jun 17, 2011

I visited their site and planned to return at a future time to do business and was charged $99.00 for nothing!!!

dee is scum Jun 02, 2011

Call your credit card company and request they charge the merchant back, or do whats called a chargeback, dont even bother dealing with bidrack they will only refund if you complain 20 or more times, just call your bank, tell them you were charged $99 and never agreed to it, and you want them to initiate a chargeback for you so you can get your money back, if the bank says no or tells you to call bidrack tell them your next call is to your local attorney general and BBB office if they dont do the chargeback or ask for a manager. They are required by law to open an investigation in to the charge they tell you no so they dont have to deal with the work

• Su
    superdad12547 Jun 02, 2011

we wher charged $90.00 for just making a bid. they wont refund. nd you dont get what you bid on. stay away from thi company.

• Ca
    Carol Baron Jun 02, 2011

I was charged $99.00 for joining this so-called auction site! Did not realize there was a charge until it said, (Thank you for your order). Realized then I had been scammed. The old addage If it looks to good to be true, It proably is. Something I am going to keep in mind from now on!
    I did manage to get to get a refund by working with my bank.
    C Baron

• Ke
    kelvinken Jun 01, 2011

This is a rip off, they just stole my $100 last night, and tthings like this should not be allowed on the net. i am not going to rest on this case. This website must be short down, or else they are going to continue to take hard earned money from people. This is a scam. Do not rest until you close this website down.

• Ve
    VEEVEE1 May 27, 2011

I ALREADY CONTACTED A LAWYER, IT WAS SO EASY FOR ME TO GET A LAWYER BEING THAT MY COUSIN IS ONE OF THE BEAT IN NEW YORK CITY SO ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS YOU MESSED WITH THE WRONG ONE, I AM NOT ONLY GETTING MY $99.00 BACK, BUT I WILL HAVE ENOUG MONEY TO BUY A NEW CAR!!! VEEVEE

satisfiedbidder May 25, 2011

I signed up for bidrack about 4 months ago. I was never forced to buy a bid pack before/during registration as others have claimed. In fact, I have never bought a bid pack! I bid on bid packs and then use them for other items. I think the most I have ever paid, was $1.50 for 100 bids. I have won over 30 auctions and my total out of pocket is less than $30, including shipping. Unfortunatly, some people don't pay attention when on the website and end up buying something that they do not intend. Though there are some drawbacks, such as expensive and untimely shipping, you cant beat some of the deals they offer. I have and will continue to tell people about this site.

• Ca
    CatG65 May 25, 2011

I have had the exact same experience with Bidrack, $99 unexpectedly charged to my credit card. I generally don't let myself get scammed like this but then it looks like I am not alone. I never saw that I was agreeing to a purchase and never received an email confirming a purchase. This is a good indication that I was dealing with a less than reputable operation. The other indication is their "Strict no refund policy" that you don't see until you start trying to find out how to get a refund. I have filed a complaint with my credit card company. I will just have to see where this leads. Beware of this scam!

nowaydog May 25, 2011

I totally got scammed by this site for $99.00. It said no where that it was going to charge me but when I backspaced after it told me I had been charge it said in very small print that it was $99.oo for bid pack. I registered on one page but after that it forwarded me to another registration, the one where you type your card number in too. VERY MISLEADING SITE, BEWARE! I have called my bank and had to fill out fraud forms. I emailed the site support email and have had no response. I have called their support number and after thirty minutes of waiting it just sent me to a voice mail, which makes NO sense because it says on their site they say, I quote, "We are available to assist you 24/7!" STAY THE F**K AWAY FROM BIDRACK!!!

charlotte hughes May 23, 2011

I agree ---the the same thing happened to me - What they want you to do is keep bidding on the extra gift cards, but before you know it your $99.00 is gone and it is a total rip. Quibids does the same thing - only difference - they get you for $60.00 going in and when you discover that - they won't give it back to you and I haven't even used it. The misrepresentation is the penny bid - until you get hit with the charge you could think it is a one penny for each bid - no - the bids only go up one penny so it takes a lot of clicks to even get close. More fun in a casino... Dopn't do it!!! It is the luck of the draw. Just about the time you are the last click on that item it reverts back to 13 or 15 seconds start over time when you should have been the winner.

Debbi Horton May 23, 2011

They have you sign up, they say you have free bids, next thing you know your cc was charged 99.00. After endless emails of being told we cant do refunds. By the looks of things I'm not the only person. What a crock.

• Ju
    JustThinkMediaSucks May 22, 2011

guys...getting your money back is not going to be easy. Bidrack was also known as swipebids. Google swipebids and you will have a very good idea of what your going to have to go through to get your money back. and once they the company name dries up they come up with another one. here is a little bit of info you can work with...

Business Contact and Profile for Swipebids.com

March 2010

Type of Business:

Online Auctions

BBB Accreditation:

Swipebids.com is not a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names:

Swipeauctions.com
    Sphere Media LLC
    Terra Marketing Group

Industry Tips

Job Applicants Beware of Reshipping and Forwarding Scams
    Online Auctions

BBB Copyright and Reporting Policy

As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.

BBB Reliability Reports are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Reliability Report is believed reliable, but not guaranteed as to accuracy.

BBB Reliability Reports generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Reliability Reports are subject to change at any time.

If you choose to do business with Swipebids.com, please let them know that you contacted BBB for a BBB Reliability Report.

ID: [protected]