Betty Crockerworm in soup

I was eating a can of progresso beef and vegetable soup and found a worm. It was about an inch long, white and had big dark red eyes. I emailed in my complaint and have not heard anything back from them. I wonder what kind of hazard analysis critical control program they have set up to keep out physical/biological/chemical contamination. If a worm can get in, what else could?

• Ta
    Tami Tillman Mar 10, 2020

I bought the Peanut Butter Brownie mix to make for my team at work. THANKFULLY I decided to try one before taking into work. There was a long blonde hair found in cookie mix. EXTREMELY gross!!!

• Jg
    JGoedert Oct 14, 2018

Found 2 pieces of pink plastic in product. I wish there was a location on the box so they would know where it came from. They will have no idea.

SamKitty Jan 14, 2018

After making Bunt Cakes for more years than I can remenber and always turned out great the last year when I go to take them out of my pan it just falls apart. Today I finaly got it out of the pan but when I went to frost it it just fell apart. I'm doing everything right. It takes just as good as it ever did.
    I called my daughter and she said she has had the same problem. So question " Whats Changed"
    Please let me know, email, [email protected]

• Re
    Reeses Jul 02, 2016

Purchased Reese's peanut butter & chocolate dessert bar mix. 2 of the 3 packets were unmarked as to which was bar mix and which was filling mix. I opened each packet and smelled them hoping to figure it out. Both smelled the same and there was not much difference in texture. I proceeded to go ahead and try to figure it out..needless to say I picked the wrong one and they were bad. I am an experienced cook for over 60 years and have trusted Betty Crocker as a reliable company. I am hoping that this particular package just slipped through the process.

• Ta
    Tammie Childs Nov 19, 2015

I opened box and inside the package of hashbrowns is a blue piece of plastic..

• Ca
    Cassandra Gross Mar 11, 2015

I was eating the Progresso Chicken and Wild Rice soup today and found a worm in it. When I contacted the company, they tried to tell me that it was rice. It was NOT rice - 100%!!! I will NEVER eat this soup again!

• Mr
    Mrs JLee Jan 23, 2015

Yesterday Jan 22, 2015 we opened a box of Betty Crocker Chicken Helper with an experationd ate of April 21, 2015 . Box was sealed as normally and bag inside no holes or any kind of openings... Well inside was a web with many maggots and some sort of flying moth looking bugs all inside. I videoed and took many pictures! NEVER in my 41 yrs have i EVER encountered anything like this! I was so sick to my stomach and didnt even eat dinner that night with the thoughts of how close we came to cooking this! Thank God the web was very noticeable to make us look twice!
    I now have a phobia~ EVERYTIME i eat anything, even something like a hushpuppy from Captain Dee I brake open to make sure no bugs are inside! And i will NEVER EVER eat ANYTHING now that is sold inside a box!
    I seriously have been bothered by this! Not even sure how or how to handle with who to contact yet to complain. This seriously is not a sweep it under a rug and forget situation!!!

Angel92 Jan 30, 2014

I recently registered on the website www.bettycrocker.com, which provided different healthy recipes and other information about food. After several weeks, I lost my password and wanted to restore my account, but the moderators didn’t provide new password. I’m sick of their silence, and I need help. Please if someone has any ideas how to restore my account, please contact me. I just wasted time while waited for the response from the moderators.

• Gr
    Grossssss Jan 07, 2014

I made Betty Crocker cookies and while eating one I found a white worm about an inch long as well...I think im gunna be suck :( NEVER EATING ANYTHNG MADE FROM BETTY CROCKER AGAIN.

• Tr
    Tristalyn Sep 20, 2013

My mother was feeling ill and had a can of chicken noodle soup and was halfway through with it when she too found a worm. Disgusting :(

Charles Green Dec 29, 2010

My wife and I have become fond of Progresso French Onion Soup. However, just this evening, we opened a can and started to eat it and there was an unusual sweet taste and chock full of onions. We have never experienced this sensation with the soup. We could not eat it. Mainly, I am a diabetic and the sugary taste did me in and when I saw the massive onion content, I remarked to my wife that this is not the same soup that we have always gotten. So we could not eat it. I can't imagine what was wrong but we did not like it. It was terrible.
    Your comment is appreciated
    CW Green
    [email protected]

• Ra
    raymond burwell Aug 17, 2010

Progresso Soup-Chicken & Wild Rice...Ingredients: 50% Water! FACT [protected]

Marion Meyer Apr 27, 2008

We did not have a worm but the quality of our favored soup has REALLY deteriated! Hardly any beef cubes, extremely watery and lacking taste.

Af ter many years we will have to start looking for something else. What has happend to the QC at general Mills?