Best DVD EntertainmentInternet Fraud

I recently placed an order with Best DVD Entertainment (www.bestdvdentertainmentstore.com) which was never filled. I tried to reach them several times through customer service on their website but NEVER received any response. I then tried to cancel my outstanding order - still no response. Company did charge my credit card and claims to be in Cheswack, PA - but I do not find any such place. The domain name (www.bestdvdentertainemntstore.com) is owned by GoDaddy.

In my experience, companies that do not respond to customer service contacts and web sites that conceal company location and telephone numbers are typically internet frauds.

no1sfool May 03, 2016

I had the same problem as everyone else. I purchased the complete set of third watch on 03/04/2016. As of 05/03/2016 my status is still waiting to be filled. I e mailed them and got no reply. I will be calling my bank tomorrow to see what I can do to get my money back. I also will be checking complaints any time I go to order anything else.

• Re
    Reviewer62842 Feb 11, 2016

I purchased a DVD-Saint Elsewhere Complete DVD set from BEST DVD ENTERTAIN 317 Linden D, on 01-14-2016 @ 8:33 this information trace number is from my checking account. #:[protected] 0115. I have never received the product and when I do a search of this company there is nothing available. It appears the on line store is no longer active. The amount of my debit from my account was $51.89.

• Le
    Leslie Dial Warren Oct 21, 2015

Ordered a box set and never received. They got me for $52. Order was pending until i emailed them with in an hour the status changed to shipped. They have never responded to my emails and i tried the contact # listed with the bbb but it went to a fax line. Complete scam!!!

• Ka
    Kathryn Easterwood Jul 31, 2015

I ordered the complete Judging Amy series for 39.99 plus 7.15 for shipping, day 2 weeks have gone by & no email stating my order was shipped, they have responded to my emails stating my order was lost by USPS & they were reprocessing orders that were lost. & I would get it soon, no apologies, nothing. I believe that the FTC might be able to handle this. I am going to contact them & find out what I can do.

• Sh
    sharon giaimo lapointe Feb 22, 2015

I did receive order but it is definitely bootlegged from [email protected] TV maybe somewhere in PA. My son paid for a Who's The Boss boxset or my birthday and after threatening them with lawyers and police, I received a downloaded bootleg boxset in a plain black case with no printed index or any episodes in order. very poor quality. It is something you could download yourself and keep but certainly not sell to anyone. I am going to try and file a complaint with the state police in PA, maybe a fraud division, If this company is indeed from PA.

• Br
    BrendaAnn Jun 08, 2014

I, too, foolishly placed an order with this company, but they are operating under a different name (Favorite Shows on DVD). When I contacted them to inquire about my order, I received a response from customer service at Best DVD Entertainment. They promised to ship my order on 06/09 and they apologized for the delay. Since it seems to be the norm for them not to fulfill their orders, I am going to contact my bank to get a refund. Thank you, everyone, for posting your experience on this board.

• Fa
    Fairfield1 Dec 11, 2012

This is truly a scam. The video set ordered was the Complete Carol Burnett Collection. The cost was 34.99 and it did arrive promptly.
    When I place the first DVD in my excellent machine the images I saw were shaky like someone had shot an old video playing on a tv with a video camera. The faces were so distorted that I had a difficult time identifying the actors. It was hilarious. This is the worst product I ever bought through Amazon. I ask for a return shipping label and refund of total purchase price by email. The business did respond by denying my request and threatening that if I complained to Amazon or Discover that I would not get a refund. Amazing.

Nogoodcrooks Jul 14, 2012

I ordered Mr. Ed the talking horse and got the DVD's on 7/10/2012. However, the DVD's were called just Ed which I never heard of and they are saying that they don't sell Mr. Ed in an email. I sent them another email telling them that I want my refund for these DVDs. So I will be foreced to report them to the BBB because they sold me the wrong DVD's.

• Do
    Donna Aaron Feb 08, 2012

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. I placed an order with this company 1/3/12 the amounts of $64.98 and $44.99 were deducted from my bank account on 1/5/12 the orders were for the complete series of The Nanny, and Melrose Place. I cannot get in touch with anyone at this site about my order. I agree that anyone who takes your money, dosent give you a product, and does not make themselves available for questions is a FRAUD!!! I plan to report this site not only to the Better Business Bureau, but also have MY STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL report it to the PENNSYLVANIA ATTORNEY GENERAL. One of their jobs is to protect consumers from FRAUD!!! My intent is to try and have this FRAUDAULENT site SHUT DOWN!!! i HAVE BANK DRAFTS TO PROVE THAT THE AMOUNTS LISTED ABOVE WERE PAID OUT TO THIS SITE (FOR MERCHANDISE THAT i NEVER RECEIVED AND NO EXPLANATION WAS EVER GIVEN AS TO WHY). If you wish to contact me my email is [email protected] If you do not plan to send my dvds then plan on refunding my money total $109.97.

• Pe
    Pegs Nov 19, 2011

I wish I had read these postings before ordering from Best Entering Entertaining. My credit card was charged almost immediately. I did receive the boxed set but; it's a mess. I also went back to the web site...no e-mail address or phone number as advertised. I wrote a comment but fully expect to be ignored. I will be calling my credit card company later today to lodge a complaint. Thanks for your complaints and info.

• Pe
    Pegs Nov 19, 2011

I wish I had read these posts before buying the product on 8/8/2011. My credit card was charged almost immediately from Best DVD Shop. I did receive the product but; it's such a mess. I too was told there would a contact number or e-mail address. Neither is listed. I posted a comment on their web site stating I wanted a refund. After reading these comments; I'm guessing I won't hear anything. If you used your debit card, most banks have sophisticated software that will pick up any other activity.

• Lo
    Lotrain Dec 11, 2010

Item was ordered in September and still has not been received. No answer to phone calls no response to emails. My bank refunded the amount paid, HOWEVER the dispute was denied by the company and I have just been recharged! HOw can that happen when this is obviously a fraudulent company?

• Al
    altusgal Dec 07, 2010

Ordered a set of DVD's from Best DVD Entertainment on 9/15/2010.
    $39.99 came out of my account the next day. The DVD's have never shown up and their phone number is no longer in service. What can I do? I'm worried about them having my bank info.

• Tr
    trk66 Dec 01, 2010

I have placed an order as well and found that the day after my credit card was charged. Most companies wait until your order is shipped before charging. I went to "My Account" on their website and found the order as "Pending" and have sent them a few messages through their website but no response. Now the week of Thanksgiving 2010, their website does not open at all and I found an email address on the order receipt I received and tried it, it came back undeliverable.

• Ta
    Taay Oct 20, 2010

I too have been scammed by this company. No DVD's and no response to emails sent. Do not order from this company!

• La
    lawyer_girl99 Sep 09, 2010

my email is [email protected] plesase email me with your problem

• La
    lawyer_girl99 Sep 09, 2010

if anybosy has been ripped off by best dvd entertainment shop please send me an email if it hqas not been resolved and i will help you get your money back

• Il
    ilovekristine1 Aug 27, 2010

I unfortunately had the same experience with this company! I recently had my credit card dispute the charges. Their website is still up and running! Really wanted that Malcom in the Middle box set!

• Do
    DODDY PIN Jul 20, 2010

I have experienced the same, ordered a complete DVD collection and until now, NOTHING
    They have already took my money, more than one month now. I have like already make 4 complain but
    now I can see that I would NEVER have my DVD collection!
    Thanks for all the comments and I will call my bank right now to see if I can almost get my money back!

• Re
    REDS50 Jun 19, 2010

Thank You for all of your input. Same here, I placed order 5/19/10. Never heard from them when I sent emails. They deducted money from my account. There should be something done with this company for being fraudulent. I will proceed with the helpful info you all have provided.

REDS54

• Li
    lipstick Jun 12, 2010

OMGosh!!! I am reading all the blogs and I totally experienced the same thing with this company.I ordered on May 31st and it still shows pending. I also emailed the company but got no response. I usually look up websites before I purchase anything but I was so excited to find the DVD set and it was the best price offered than any other website so I got side tracked. I am going to call my bank as well and I know they will refund the money. If its 2 good to be true then maybe it is. I hope this company is found out for its fradulent activities.

angry in L.A. Jun 09, 2010

Yep!!! the same thing happened to me - I did not receive me order. I ordered a DVD Collection in March 2010 for my husband's birthday in May...and never received it. I sent several emails to them indicating my frustration with the company - and they told me my order got lost by the Postal Service...USPS ought to try to locate these jokers because their name is being used as the "scapegoat." thanks for the info about getting my money back on my credit card. "Best" turned out to be the "Worst".

• Bu
    Buyer Beware22 May 22, 2010

Same experience as above. I ordedaDVD box set on April 30th. I received a normal professional looking receipt but notived a short order number ( a clue ). After a few days a checked the website to see if it had shipped, but it still said pending although they had charged my card the very next day. I waited a couple of more days and saw no evidence of change of status so I emailed them politely asking if it had shipped and if not, when would it.

One week later after no response I repeated the same procedure. I then did an internet search and found this forum. I usually do that 1st before I order from starngers, but this time I did not. I also was unable to finda phone no. I called my credit card company who tried the phone number they had ( I guess they have nos. for everyone that puts through charges ) and told me while I was on the line that it was disconected.

They credited me back my charge.

Buyer beware

• Pa
    palacekidz May 19, 2010

I foolishly ordered a DVD collection as a Mother's Day gift I never received. Like everyone on here I too tried contacting via e-mail with no response. When I saw my order number was 599 I immediately thought, "oh no." Scams like this are so irritating. Thanks for the advise, I will contact my bank today for a refund.

SailorJ Apr 21, 2010

Contact information for Best DVD Entertainment (www.bestdvdentertainmentstore.com)

Best DVD Entertainment
    PO Box 183
    Rural Ridge, PA [protected]

I have not found any additional information on this company.

• ||| Apr 15, 2010

At least one more thing can be done: I learned of, and linked to, Best DVD Entertainment from MTV who Best DVD Entertainment paid to advertise on MTV's website. I contacted MTV, told them what happened, suggested they take down all Best DVD Entertainment advertising from their website, and that they screen advertisers more carefully in the future to avoid lawsuits against MTV

msblonde1234 Apr 15, 2010

I hope everyone is able to get their money back, as I stated earlier contact ur bank or credit card company, i just spoke to my bank they have already credited my account, so dont give up.

msblonde1234 Apr 15, 2010

This is to Brokeandmad, you can call your credit card company or your bank and have this investigated this to get ur money back, I just spoke to my bank and they are going to issue my money back in 24 hours, and they are going to check into this matter. I am going to contact the BBB regarding this company.

msblonde1234 Apr 15, 2010

Omg, I can't believe this, I am on the phone with my bank as we speak, I placed an order with them Best DVD on 3/25/2010, and it's been 15 days, I have sent emails over and over but no response, I even tried to log back on the site to check the status of my order and it stills says pending. Does anyone know whom else we can complain to because this is crazy that we have to go thru this, this company should be out of business.

• Pi
    pigletsmom Apr 14, 2010

I had the same issues as everyone here. I called the credit card company and had them dispute the charge since I did not get the order. It should be resolved in a few days. Worst case, I'll get the credit back to my account and Best DVD Entertainment will be put on a fraud watch list by the credit card company.

• Br
    brokeandmad Apr 13, 2010

I had the same experience as the complaint above. I have not recieved the merchandise I paid for, nor a response from the company. I do not know how to get my money back from this sham of a company. I have tried every way possible to contact them and cancel my order but I got nowhere. I suggest no one ever orders anything from them, and if any one knows a way to possible go after this company to shut them down and get refunds please post it and let us all know. I hate to see this company get away with this fraud.

• ||| Mar 30, 2010

I had the exact same experience: order placed 03-20-2010; debit card charge posted 03-23-2010; sent e-mail (website does not provide a contact phone number) asking when I will receive my order (Order No. 268 -- it should have been a red flag) 03-25-2010; no reply, despite promise on website 'customer service" page to promptly respond to all inquiries during normal business hours; sent second e-mail 03-27-2010 saying if not hear from Best DVD Entertainment by close of business 03-29-2010 would cancel order & dispute charge; no response; when completed dispute form at bank, they had a telephone number, we called three different extensions and all -- even the "sales" department extension -- instructed to leave a voicemail.

I am not sure sites like this can be eradicated, but I am confident that complaint boards like this one hurt their business, at least some. I know I will check sites such as Complaint Board in the future, before making purchases from unknown vendors such as "Best DVD Entertainment"