Best Buy - Burbank, CA — restocking fee is a scam!
I was interested in a portable GPS for my car. I am familiar with GPSs and know that sometimes it takes a while for a GPS to catch its satellite signals. After asking advice to one of the employees he showed me the Garmin NUVI 760. Which was priced at $699.99 He said this is a "quick responsive GPS". I also asked him "if I do not like this GPS can I return it?" he stated "if within 14 days, then yes". I did not like how this GPS performed. I went online and asked advice and people stated that all GPSs take a while to locate a signal. I felt I had been (for the lack of the word) RIPPED OFF. Knowing that if I purchased a GPS that is priced at 299 or even 199 will perform the same the only difference would have been the MP3 player etc. I went to return the GPS and Best Buy wanted to keep a 15% restocking fee. Stating that it says so on the back of the reciept. I told them that the Sales Associate told me I could bring it back if I was dissatisfied. They told me "NO! our employees know better they would not say that" (basically calling me a liar). Now they charged me $105.00 dollars for a restocking fee. Now I feel I have been scammed.
More Best Buy - Burbank, CA Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Best Buy Credit Card - late payment/intrest lies
- Best Buy Store 415 - lies of general manager to corporate
- Best Buy Golf Supply - ken brigs
- HSBC Best Buy Credit Card - change to my avail balance
- Best Buy Express Kiosk - buyer beware - hidden purchase policies
- Best Buy Golf Supply - credit card charged no shipment
- Bestbuy Wireless (The Name Is Printed In The Receipt, But The Shop Name Is Cellular Phones - sale cheating (credit card cheating)
- Best Buy/ Jvc Everio Camcorder - mislead in purchase and now can't return
- Bestbuy Antivirus Software - renwal charge
- Bestbuy Contest - it is waste of time and money