Menu
Home Books ITV monthly charge on credit card

ITV review: monthly charge on credit card

J
Author of the complaint
12:38 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This business is a fraud. They are charging me for a monthly on line service which I did not order. I specifically stated that I only wanted the book. Now that i'm trying to cancell the charges the company phone number provided is only a recording which never returns my call. I have even pressed the number selection to order more products to try to get someone on the phone and it goes back to the original menue and repeats the options. I have called my credit card company and they could only go back 4 months of charges against this company. However, I have now received information that the credit card company also can not contact this company, therefor, they have to put the last 4 months of charges back on. They stopped letting the company charge my account when I called in the complaint so at least they can't steal from me any longer. Let me know if anyone knows of a class action that I can jump on. Thanks!

More ITV complaints & reviews

2 comments
I
Mar 09, 2009 4:47 pm EDT

WARNING! WARNING! THIS WAS DESIGNED TO RIP YOU OFF OF SERVICES THAT YOU NEVER USE OR MIGHT FORGET TO CANCEL ...

I also bought the book but never even logged in to use the Foreclosure service so didnt really have access to the online system. If this company was really honest, then they would only activate and charge your credit card if you actually used their service. Instead they just charge you hoping that those who forget to cancel the service will get charge 29.95 a month. So, in your busy schedule you could get charged a few months and they claim that they are not responsible that we consumers didnt call to cancel the service. ISNT THAT A RIP OFF ? What service did they provide? NOTHING ! you dont login, then you dont get any service and therefore didnt use it. A PURE SCAMMER!

M
Feb 11, 2009 12:02 pm EST

We, too, requested the book and included materials for a one-time transaction. We accepted a look at the online service for at least the free period. We canceled access to the online resource within the cancellation period. Months later, we find the first charge of $29.95 for Foreclosure Services and Merchandise appearing on our credit card. A call to the only phone number I have was sent to a voicemail purportedly to receive a return call. I called during stated business hours. We are taking steps now with the credit card company to block the charging activity.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

383 complaints