Menu
L
Author of the complaint
12:55 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got an auto loan through Bank of the West. I paid it off in full in 2007. Yesterday, 3-11-09 I went to a different bank and was trying to get a loan and on my credit report came up that i had a collection for $240.00 that was sent to collection in 12-08. I do not owe this, I never received a letter or a phone call before this was sent to collection. I went to the Bank of the West yesterday when I found out and talked to the Pres. Sandy. She said they would investigate the problem and it could take a long time. In the meantime I did not get the other loan and now my credit will suffer in this investigation period. I am fed up with the way I have been treated and demand some sort of response and would like my credit fixed. I have already contacted my attorney and he is advising me of the next steps I should take.

More Bank of the West complaints & reviews

Bank of the West - atm ate my debit card!
Bank of the West - daily overdraft fees plus more
Bank of the West - poor customer relation
Bank of the West - unprofessional csr's
1 comments
R
Apr 14, 2009 3:59 am EDT

BOYCOTT BANK OF THE WEST

Some time ago we went to Bank of the West to refinance our existing mortgage; it took them 3 months to tell us they couldn't do it. We paid $350 for the appraisal and we were told at the beginning that if not approved we would get a refund, NOT TRUE. With another bank we were able to refinance in 2 weeks and the appraisal fee was only $200. Bank of the West, don't trust them!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

77 complaints