Banfield Pet Hospitalabusive vet

V

I brought my five month old, 6 lb Maltese to the Banfield Hospital in Petsmart for the first time on Nov. 30th, 2011. My puppy had an ear infection previously so she is wiggly when you try to look at her ears. The "nurse” held her forcibly but did not hurt her to do so. But when the vet came in, alone, (Leonard A Candela DVM) he said" I heard this was a tough one” and grabbed her by her scruff and with his other hand he struggled with her to hold her down on the table, she resisted of course and he got rougher and she started to yelp and pee on the table, all the while he was saying "I will win”. My 8 year old daughter was witnessing this and she started to cry. I grabbed the puppy and said “you are not taking care of my dog!” and got out of there, he followed me out yelling that my PUPPY needs obedience training, and that I better pay the bill. When I told him he was abusive, he told me to get out of the store! I shopped at Petsmart for al my dogs needs but if they allow this I cant ever shop there again.

• Me
    Meekers Jan 23, 2015

BANFIELD HOSPITAL Manahawkin, NJ was a huge disappointment to me and my cat. My lovable older cat was there because every few days or so, he would throw up his food. Dr. Candella waited on us. He explained that it maybe either that he was a diabetic or maybe it was a Giardia parasite. I got to thinking, while waiting for him to return to the room, if my cat is a diabetic then, I would be paying for a the Giardia Test and the fecal test for nothing. When he returned, i was given a huge amount as my choice, I then said, I think I would rather go with the Basic blood work first. They then said we will call you in an hour with the results. I waited and waited and waited and two hours later, just at the minute when I walked out of the room, they called. When I tried to call back, I got that wonderful recording that they were closed. When I played my message, they said that his blood work was fine, but I had to make another appointment and pay for another office visit to find out what was wrong with my cat. Now I am out 240.00 and I still don't know what I wrong with my cat. They want to charge me again for another office visit. And Also when I requested that they send me the blood work results, they gave me the same story as last years, when I requested my other cats results for his records. They Said Own We are out of stamps, a nd when We get them, we will send them out. Well it's been a year for lasts years request and three weeks for this years cat records. Shame on you Banfield.

• Dm
    dmdrn95 Mar 04, 2014

Our pug had heart failure. The vet confirmed that it what he suspected as well, but wouldn't treat him without a expensive xrays that we couldn't afford, even with his 'Banfield' insurance plan. No meds for comfort care--vet said he had to have radiology studies..just like a person would need should they visit the hospital. This is a dog... (and yes, dearly loved part of our family), but .what happened to doing an exam and using your education, experience, etc. to make a diagnosis and treatment plan. We knew he didn't have a lot of time left but wanted him comfortable. When it was time to put him down, we called and were told he needed any exam first. We called another vet, described what was happening and they saw him right away and put him to peace. It felt as though it was all about the money, and when we said something to that effect we were called rude. Needless to say, we switched vets.

• You want to know disgrace about this company..
    let me share what happened before my eyes with this company and PetSmart.
    Parading you deceased loved one through the front of the store carrying it on a stretcher
    like they use in the old war movies.. in a large black bag tied off with a twister and wobbling around like jello from the overshaking of the 2 under sized people trying to carry the dog to the owners car only to see the owner have to jump to save the pet from falling to the ground because the 2 workers couldnt handle the weight of the pet andplace it in the back seat of this automobile for the owner.

The owner had to strain to grab it like a heavy bag of flour to place it respectively in his back seat of the car.

My reaction to the hospital tells you more with my complaining to the hospital. Want to hear more...look on..

• Bs
    Bsib1233 Aug 18, 2013

Do not waste your time using this company. They have no compassion and treat animals like dollar signs. My 14 year old Labrador Retriever was in severe pain. She could not stand up and was urinating and defecating all over herself. She had blood in stool and tumors all over her body. It was time to put her down. I called the Sewell New Jersey office and they refused to see the dog on the day I called. The veterinarian I spoke with would not make accommodations as she said the well care patients come first. Not to mention she would not give me her name. This company had no problem taking my money for over the 4 years or so for two pets. When I needed them the most they refused to see my dog. What happened to the oath a vegetarian takes when they receive their degree. This veterinarian is a disgrace to all fellow veterinarians. Please stay away from Banfield Animal Hospitals.
    Like ·

Marcia VL Jan 28, 2013

BANFIELD PET HOSPITAL OF HORROR STRIKES AGAIN!!! This corporation is ALL ABOUT RAPING YOUR WALLET! Read all the complaints...this A$$WIPE corporation kills/maims animals as well!!

• Banfield Pet Hospital Dec 13, 2011

Vanada- Thank you for providing this feedback. We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals did not meet your expectation. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. We are currently unaware of this situation and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can gather more information about your visit. The number to our Client Advocate Team is [protected].