BakflipDefective Product, Poor Customer Service

I bought a BAKFLIP for my 2011 Sierra. It is the folding Tonneau cover. I purchased the Bakflip through 4 Wheel Parts and had them do the installation in June 2011. We got our first rain in January and when I opened my tailgate my carpet kit was soaked. It also has paint peeling on the cover in the front. I contacted 4 Wheel Parts who took pics and sent them to Lauren, VP Operations. She requested add'l pics which I took and sent to her. They never sent a company rep to see the bakflip, t5hey only offered to give me a replacement but will not cover the cost of removing the original and installing the replacement. What a GIP!!!

• Ba
    BadNewsMan Sep 10, 2018

Installed my Bakflip HD back in 2014, First rain storm I contacted BAK and there response was, "we never advertised the product would not leak" - Bed fills up with water every storm, two panels have so much flex that you have to go to both sides to latch. Rubber used for bumpers and seals is cheap and was useless in 8 months under the TX sun. Has come unattached from the mounts many times and the material is so cheap it's now crushed where it mounts because they didn't re-enforce them. Can't buy the rubber caps for support rods, they make you buy the entire rod (pair). Two of four panels are sunken and heavy from always being full of water. I would have stopped using this long ago if I wasn't trying to feel like I got my monies worth. People see me fighting the cover and when they ask I strongly advise against the brand.