AXA Advisorsrecruiting tactics

I have been in the financial services industry for six years and have been constantly harrassed by recruiters and hiring managers for this company. My resume includes only large sell side banks, which I am sure is appealing to them, but I imagine this is the company's tactic to everybody. Any time my resume has been up on any type of career site or job board, within 2 weeks, I receive at least 3 phone calls from various AXA offices in the tri-state area along with a dozen or so emails. I actually went to meet with one of the hiring managers one time and this is their deal. If you are licensed, you basically pay them to work there. You do not get any draw on anything until you bring in 10k or so, (I forget the exact number). I am sure if you are not licensed, the probably pay for you to take classes while you cold call for them, and make you stay a certain amount of time before they will not make you reimburse them for the tests if you leave. Either way, it is the fog a mirror test that they hire on I am sure.

I was fully licensed for 4 years and was working at a top 2 investment bank when I went on my interview with them... they obviously told me a completely different story about compensation structure and what they could offer me to get me into the office.

I am now working at another top 3 brokerage firm and recently put my resume on monster/careerbuilder etc. Low and behold, in the last week I have gotten calls from 5 different offices and the usual email patterns. One recruiter from NY, pushed me to the point that I am posting this on here. I think this is probably the second time she emailed me in the last week, as I recognize the name, but I am not sure if she did this last time.

I received a recruiting email from her with my email address and everyone else that the blanket recruiting email was addressed to, visible in the To: box. I don't know about anyone else, but it really pisses me off that a recruiter from a firm of that size, or any firm for that matter, would be so unprofessional to copy my email address to a list of people who I have no affiliation with whatsoever. I responded to Eli Weiss and told her my thoughts, but below is her contact information if you have had similar experiences or want a job because I'm sure she will hire you if you have a heartbeat.

Eli Weiss

Signed,

AXA is a joke

• Th
    Thomas Van Dyk Jun 08, 2012

I work for Mass Mutual and we are a top notch company. In the Fortune 500 magazine as one of the most admired company in 2012. What's great about my company is that we are a Mutual company, hence Mass Mutual. What that means is the policy holders own the company and dividends are paid directly to the policy holders not shareholder and policy holders like stock companies do. We have a history of paying dividends to our policy holders for the past 160 years, since they've been in business, which if you are a history buff, that's prior to the Civil War. I have a team of specialists, not ad visors, and if you are or were looking for concepts and strategies that will be what YOU want it to look like, I am the person you want to talk to. What I tell my clients is this, There are 2 outcomes that come out of my meetings with my clients: 1. you or I will stand on either sides of the table and say look I appreciate your time but I don't think this partnership is going to work or on the other hand you can say I like what you've brought to the table and I want to build a nice working relationship together. Either way we will still shake hands and part as friends. I respect and cherish my relationships with my clients and will love to sit down and discuss what we can do for each other. Call me at [protected] for a free consultation. - Tom

• M2
    m2j3 Mar 14, 2012

My husband worked for Axa for 77 weeks. He graduated from CSU, enlisted in the army as an airborne infantry soldier, went to Iraq, fought for our freedom, got cancer during combat, finished his tour and came back to more hell on earth in the form of 18 months of cancer treatment. After his treatments he got a job at Axa. We were both ready for the future without cancer, without combat, and ready to make a life finally as we were newly married 2 weeks before he was sent to Iraq.
    Axa then proceeded to screw us over. Everything from the "keepitreal22" post said is true. My husband did not receive a wage, he paid all of his expenses to acquire new clients for axa, (dinners, phone, fuel, etc...) . After leaving axa, and after some time went by we were served on CHRISTMAS MORNING by a collector stating we owed Axa an obscene amount of money. Apparently someone canceled a policy my husband had sold them before the minimum 12 months that they must carry it. I guess when that happens the salesman (my husband) has to pay back the commission. Although the amount they were asking for still does not make sense to me, as I do not recall receiving that money in the first place. We don't have that kind of money and it is simply not possible to pay it. My husband now has a judgement against him, that has been a financial nightmare for us. The benefits he should enjoy as a veteren that fought in a foreign war are largely unavailable to him due to this judgment. Our house is under water because of the Fannie mae/freddie Mac fiasco and I can't take advantage of programs that would take our interest rate from a 7.25-4.75 because of this judgement against my husband. I AM ANGRY AND SICK THAT THERE ARE PERVERSE COMPANIES OUT THERE THAT ARE ALLOWED TO OPERATE WITH THESE CORRUPT BUSINESS PRACTICES AND NOBODY OR NOTHING CAN STOP THEM FROM HURTING GOOD PEOPLE. If anybody reads this post and knows of help out there, please post back.