Complaints & Reviews

scam. no professionals or experts on authenticating

I went to this website (authenticate first) to authenticate a Chanel Bag I was interested to purchase. On the order page of their website they advertise a portion for documents and notes which needed to be filled out after the inspection as part of the service to prove that they actually did an inspection. None of that was provided, so I tried to reach out to them on their chat option, which didnt work, Facebook Message, and email with no responses. When I wasnt able to reach anyone I filed a dispute, with Paypal and then the owner of the company finally responded to my email claiming i am "stealing company secrets". Clearly this is not a legitimate website to authenticate, and there are no real experts here because they refuse to provide me with proof of an inspection. Even their website is even defective.
1. ORDER COMPLETED- Order is showing "completed", but no documents or comments are written where theyre advertised to be
2. DEFECTIVE CHAT : When clicking the chat button, it leads to a blank page 3. ERROR PAGE: When clicking the companys contact page, it directs to an error page
4. EMAIL FROM THEM: The owner embarrassed the company even more by accusing me of "trying to steal company secrets" just because I asked for proof of authentication or something.
5. ACCOUNT SUSPENDED: They suspended my account to prevent me from showing Paypal proof but thankfully I already saved all these beforehand. WHAT A JOKE
6. COMPLAINTS BOARD: A couple months ago someone exposed this company for fraud on this site because they do this to everyone. BEWARE

Authentication Expedited

I paid for an authentication review along with and extra $20 for expedited service which is 24 or less, stated by them, I reached out numerous times without reply when it wasn't within the time frame, it wasn't until I said I was going to reach out to PayPal for a dispute that they wrote back, upset that I would call this a scam and SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT.
DO NOT USE.. there are other numerous sites to have your things authenticated and for cheaper than they charge! All these other reviews have 5stars because they have emailed saying if you leave a 5star review you could have a FREE AUTHENTICATION!!!
In addition, I had had this expedited because I had three days to see if they were authentic or not so I could submit a return claim. Since I did not get the service I paid for I am now out of time to return if my item was not authentic

Fraud, no experts, theft, reported to fbi

I paid authenticatefirst.com to provide authentication for my bag seen here: http://ukandworldnews.com/2016/06/rare-vintage-hermes-ostrich-35cms-birkin-handbag/ over 40x points shows the bag to be genuine, real, Authentic. After paying authenticatefirst.com 115$ they took their time, had to chase them, she wrote back stating bag is fake! No so called expert, and no explanation as to why in details others than referring to about 5x points that had been covered in the article with clear pictures that shows bag is authentic and backed up by pictures. I opened a paypal case to try and get my money back, then searched the net and found a lot of dirt on the woman that runs the website. after this i reported the matter to trading standards in USA where she is based and also to the FBI. the some of the dirt i found below, it is claimed she uses fake forum profiles to get advise on items, clearly does not have her own experts and know nothing about designer items herself, and many other issues why you should avoiid doing business with her and her fake website only there to steal your money.

Slytherin • 5 months ago
Authenticate First is terrible. They've made MANY, MANY mistakes across ALL brands. It has been well documented on the Purse Forum. I wouldn't trust them to authenticate a paper bag.
Pg Kincaid •
Sarasota, Florida

I found the review above when I was looking for info on authenticatefirst.com. Boy are they right! This site is just 2 women from Indiana who threw together a website and make money on bogus reviews! They actually made $69, 000 last year, their first year of business! I want to say "fake" or "real" and print out a certificate for $$$. What a joke! They have no clue what they are talking about. They were wrong about my Louis Vuitton and someone paid good money for their "expertise". Oh yeah, about that...where is their resume? What makes them experts? Yeah, nothing. They are just new scam artists. Buyer beware!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

Member
Authenticatefirst.com said the Chanel bag I sold my buyer is fake but the bag was authenticated here and also by etincelerauthentications.com before I offered it for sale and the bag is authentic. Anybody has experience with "authenticatefirst?" I contacted them but since it's Sunday, I think they are closed. Thank you.
BeenBurned, Mar 15, 2015

BeenBurned
Authenticator
SalsaVerde said: ↑
They've made lots of mistakes -- on Chanel, on Coach, on Dooney and I suspect on other brands.

If you got a Chanel bag authenticated here and by Etinceler, I'm much more comfortable trusting both CB and Etinceler, both of whom know Chanel.
here are more AuthenticateFirst booboos:

BeenBurned said: ↑

Thanks BB, I hope they'll reply to me and correct it if they made an error. And yes, that vintage Chanel bag was authenticated at the "chanel authentication thread" and by Etinceler and they said it's a vintage Chanel.

BeenBurned said: ↑
Etinceler specializes in Chanel. They KNOW Chanel. AF does NOT know Chanel.
They should be very careful because they could endanger somebody's business with a wrong authentication.
BeenBurned, Mar 15, 2015

BeenBurned
Authenticator
SalsaVerde said: ↑
That assumes that they have morals and ethics.

Do you really think that a company that plagiarizes another company's website has morals and ethics? Do you really think that a company that comes to TPF with at least 1/2 dozen different IDs to promote themselves has morals and ethics? Do you think a company that requires its "trusted sellers" to display their badge on their listings or they lose "trusted seller" status has morals and ethics? Do you think a company that has "jack-of-all-trades/master of none" authenticators has morals and ethics?

JMHO, of course!

BeenBurned said: ↑
That assumes that they have morals and ethics.

JMHO, of course!
Click to expand...
OMG BB, this is the first time I heard about them and I didn't know they do those sorts of things. I'm just so glad that my buyer is very reasonable and willing to work with me to sort this out.

• AuthenticateFirst's response · Jul 05, 2016

As you will see from the link, the FAKE Hermes Birkin was removed from the OP website. He thought he knew how to authenticate, despite our experts YEARS of professional authentication. Please be leery of the so called "reviews" left for Authenticate First. Most are scammers, trying to discredit us. You can view thousands of testimonials on our website: www.authenticatefirst.com

San Berger May 07, 2019

AuthenticateFirst, can you provide proof of certificated of being expert for authenticated bag? If not, yes you are scammer.

• El
    Elsa-Atiles Dec 17, 2019

you are absolutely scammers! You authenticated a Chanel bag that you said was authentic and a few days later was requesting further pictures that I sent reluctantly and told you that I already had pay the seller and then you come with the Beautiful Surprise that the bag is fake and I'm out a lot of money do to your incompetence, lack of knowledge and expertise. I already searched your background and you have no business authenticating bags but I will hold you responsible for this humongous mistake! Stay away from these scammers!

• Re
    reviews111 Feb 27, 2020

AuthenticateFirst is a scam. No experts here. Save your money! I wish I read this thread earlier :(
    I went to this website (authenticate first) to authenticate a Chanel Bag I was interested to purchase. On the order page of their website they advertise a portion for documents and notes which needed to be filled out by them after the inspection as part of the service to prove that they actually did an inspection. None of that was provided, so I tried to reach out to them on their chat option, which didnt work, Facebook Message, and email with no responses. When I wasnt able to reach anyone I filed a dispute, with Paypal and then the owner of the company finally responded to my email claiming i am "stealing company secrets" LOL. I guarantee I am not trying to steal any secrets.. pretty sure the only secret is that this is FRAUD! Clearly this is not a legitimate website to authenticate, and there are no real experts here because they refuse to provide me with proof of an inspection. Even their website is defective . They suspended my account so I wouldnt have proof for paypay but thankfully I saved screenshots before they did. Nice try LOLLL

The company hasn't shipped my order

Don’t buy from www.authenticatefirst.com. I didn’t find any reviews about this company, so I decided to purchase from them. I placed the order and was charged on the same day, but the order hasn’t been shipped. Within a week I waited for the email about the shipping details, but nothing. I wrote couple of emails, but the seller kept silence. I need someone’s advice, because I have no idea what to do next.

• AuthenticateFirst's response · Jun 21, 2016

Hello - are you sure you have the correct website? You might have us confused with "AuthenticFirst" as we provide online authentication services.
    We do not sell handbags, therefore have no shipping information. Please check your records.
    You can contact us directly: [email protected]