Atlantis PoolsPools

In early March we went into Atlantis Pools to see about repairing our above ground pool after just buying a new home. Eric the salesman who helped us said he would be more than happy to go out and take a look at the pool and see what we needed. The next day we got a phone call from him that he had been out to look at the pool and could make his recommendations to us. We went into the store a few days later to speak with him. He informed us that to replace the parts would cost us between $2, 000 and $2, 400 due to the age of the pool. If we were going to spend this kind of money we may as well buy a new pool. He said he had measured the above ground pool the is set in a composite deck and that we had a 24' pool. We choose the pool we wanted and put down a deposit. We also negotiated for an outdoor grill island that was on display in the showroom. With buying the pool they gave us a decent price for it. Put down our deposit and Eric said we would hear from the installer soon. Indeed in early April, Donny the installer, called to set up an appt. 3 weeks out. I'm thinking great we will have our brand new pool to enjoy from the beginning of the summer. Then the nightmare begins. The scheduled installation of our pool was Tue.., April 19th. So Monday night I call Donnie to make sure we are still on for installation the next day. He then asks if we have paid for the pool? No one from Atlantis has ever called me through this whole nightmare to make sure things are going timely. So Donnie tells me he will go to the warehouse Tues. morning and load the pool, talk with the store then call and let me know what time they will be out on Tues. By 11:00 I had not heard from anyone. So I call Eric to see if he can shed any light on procedures - I was able to pay for the pool and sure didn't want to hold anything up by not having it paid for. Eric was clueless. Said that yes the pool needed to be paid for before it would be installed. Took no responsibility for not staying in contact with me and making sure this got done or for that matter even telling me that before I called him. I went right over to pay for the pool and the installation and the grill. Just under $10, 000!! Waited to hear from Donny all afternoon - finally called Eric late in the afternoon to see what was going on and he said he would have Donny call me. Finally at 6:00 Donny calls and gives me the story of how he got tied up doing other things and wasn't going to get out until the next day. Fine - what choice do we have. But what good does it do to set up an appt. with a client if it is just blown off and so totally unorganized!!! The following day installers come out to the house to get started - called me mid morning to let me know that the pool we bought was the WRONG size. We have a 27' above ground pool, with 17 uprights that fit into a composite deck. We bought a 24' pool that has 16 uprights that will NOT fit into our deck. Now how did that happen when the Eric supposedly went out on site to our house and personally looked at our pool so that he could tell us what kind of pool we needed to buy. Eric is a GRAP salesman and never took any kind of responsibility for any of this - Please stay away from him because he has no idea of what he is doing!! We talked to several different people that day. One of them was Doc who is the main guy in Alton. He didn't understand why Eric didn't send an installer out to look at the pool before making his recommendations because when you are replacing an above ground pool with a deck around it you have to make sure the installers can do it and that you have the right pool. Our situation got reported up the chain and Mike another guy from the Alton store called and said for us not to worry that he would be out on Sat. and take a look at our pool and he would make sure and make it right. Mike comes out on Sat. and confirms that we have 27' pool put know the installation would be more because they have to remove the pool. So my husband and son get busy and remove the pool so our costs would not go up. Then and here is the kicker - Mike calls and the price of our pool is going up another $1, 000 and the install will go up another $1, 000. They bring out the outdoor grill on Friday and just set it down - nothing is done to make sure that the grill or refrigerator work. My husband spent the whole evening Friday trying to figure out how to get it to work and couldn't get it to work. I went into see Eric on Monday to find out how he could be so off on his measurements - no answer. He agrees without any resistance that the best was to rectify the situation was just to issue us a check for the pool. If the outdoor grill stayed at the agreed upon dollar amount we would keep it and he agreed to that. He said corporate would send us a check and I asked how long that would take and he said a couple of days. I asked him to email me this so that I would have it in writing as to what we agreed on and wrote down my email address for him. By Wed. I still had no email from Eric and had gone out to see if our check had been cashed yet - and it had not. I then put a stop payment on the check. Today they called and are coming out on Friday to pickup the outdoor grill. This is a joke of a company at every level - sales, installation and customer service - they have zero!!!

More Atlantis Pools Complaints & Reviews