ASPECT.co.uk / Aspect Maintenance Services [AMSL]aspect.co.uk are conmen - unknowingly, grossly overcharged for small repair

M

Overview
Agreed corrugated roof replacement over the phone and agreed workmen would come with materials and also call 20-30mins prior. They did neither even though job was being charged by the hour. To add insult to injury, even though they called 'after' arriving at the property at '11am', according to them, the invoice charges from 10.45am. Small repair was carried out consisting of painting a bit of painting a bit liquid plastic over a small area of sheeting which took around 20-30mins in total. However charged from 10.45am until 1pm on invoice.

No invoice received to email until 2 weeks after job although money taken from bank account a few days after job. Invoice has description of job as discussed over phone. Charged for work not carried out! No functioning customer service - just an unanswered phone number. Unrealistic, fake reviews on reviews.co.uk. I assume these are 'cherry picked'. Reported to Trading standards and NRFC.

Outline of letter sent
Further to my telephone calls on Monday 6th February & email on Wednesday 8th February (attached), I am writing to formally complain about your business practices and to dispute an amount charged, 384GBP, for a small repair 'job' at a rental property, 46 Wells House Road, NW106EE on February 1st. I am now in receipt of the actual invoice which was emailed to me yesterday 14th February after requesting to see a copy. Invoice reference is 370081.
The reference number given for my complaint from one of your operators is 489767. I was given a direct number for Customer Care - [protected] - but this appears to be unmanned and there to cover the Companys' back as the telephone is never picked up!
You will note the details of the complaint from my email (enclosed) and after viewing the invoice I have further cause to complain that the actual arrival time has been altered from 11am to 10.45am. This is fraud. The workmen who arrived did not come with any materials so it is extremely sharp business practice to charge on arrival. I was assured over the phone after giving measurements and my card details that they workmen would come prepared start work replacing the corrugated plastic roof with UPVC hard plastic sheeting, which 'would be better'. I was not at any time offered the option of a 'free -estimate' so assumed that as discussed the work men would come prepared to start! I was given a price of materials and the charge per hour and per half hour. Despite also agreeing over the phone that the work men should call me 30 minutes before arriving sometime between 11-2, I was called at 11.10am by the men and told they were there and had arrived at 11am (recorded). I arrived at 11.25am approximately to show them the location and job but they had NO materials and were unprepared to carry out the job discussed - despite charging by the hour on arrival! This is sharp practice. Further, the time was adjusted to 10.45 which is fraud.
From the outside Aspect seems to have a good customer base & feedback, which is why I picked up the phone to them. However, I am ashamed to say that I have been 'hood-winked' by cowboys and grossly overcharged. I have no doubt that i am not the only disatisfied customer but Aspect offers little chance to carry out feedback, or contact a non-existent customer care service once the 'job' is completed. This is very worrying.

I would advise anyone reading this considering their services - do not use Aspect!

• Li
    Lin C Mar 05, 2017

Robbing outfit this lot. Totally agree. Last year, Aspect Garden Maintenance arrived 4 hours late, too late to do any work really as it was already dark and told me that any work past 7pm would incur an additional charge, even though it was their fault that they were late! Told them not to bother. A week passed and I received an invoice for £54.00 just for the workman to visit me and who was in the house 10 mins and left without doing any work! The workman did not warn me that I would incur a call-out charge but considering that he spoke very little English I can't really blame him! I complained and they offered to reduce the charge to £27.00. I said that the whole saga was their fault as they had not communicated with the workman or myself, the customer to inform me about any call out charge. They are still insisting that I pay the charge though. Obviously, will never use Aspect again and my advice to anyone else is to steer clear of them!!!