Ashley Furnituremontage protection plan

I purchased a leather sofa and loveseat from Ashley Furniture in September 2010. At the time I also purchased the Montage Protection Plan. I was told by the salesperson that If I did not have a claim in 5 years I would receive back the $199.95 + tax for not utilizing the protection plan. I was also told by the salesperson that if I paid my purchase in full before the 5 years that I would receive my money back early. I contacted the store yesterday, spoke with the manager and he stated that I would not receive my money back, I would receive an in-store credit. There's no way I would have purchased the warranty for an in-store credit. He was very rude and hung up on me. This store is under new ownership and will not honor the warranty as stated to me at the time of purchase. My question is: Were other people also told that they would receive their money back? I am filing a complaint with the BBB.