Art Futures GroupOverpriced chinese contemporary art buy/lease scam

L Review updated:

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Cp
    CplSteveW Feb 04, 2019

AFG scammer and salesman jack brown is selling property investment in Indonesia 'Invest Islands' . com

• Tr
    traineeinvestor Mar 07, 2019

Some good coverage of the extent of the problem reported in Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-06/investors-are-losing-millions-by-buying-and-leasing-chinese-art

It would have been helpful if they report had queried the supposed leases to corporate clients which nobody every gets renewed unless they buy more overpriced junk - to repeat what I said earlier, if the leases are non-existent then the whole thing can be exposed as a complete fraud and the people selling the art charged under the Crimes Ordinance.

• Lu
    Lucette d'Angelique Mar 07, 2019

@traineeinvestor I have written an email for everyone to send to HKCC focusing on the non delivery of AFG art leasing service...even though initial response has been 'it reads like this is part of the investment in art, which we don't intervene'...so we will email again with the stronger focus on non delivery of service - I again reiterate, join the FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/AFGfraud/members/ to keep up to date with the 60 members (so far)

• St
    StephenDW Jun 01, 2019

We also bought one piece of Chinese art just over two years ago, and another early this year...and guess what, the rent on the first one stopped this month after two years. Now I am worried.

JanF Jun 11, 2019

So apparently AFG thinks the all the complaints on this group have been made by one person! How arrogant ! I am an individual client of AfG, my AFG customer number is AFG-C0350 and I am a real person who has been ripped off! I'm moving my works out of their scam storage to another facility this week - hooray! But I bet I never see my money back from the original investment! Anyone else who bought from them yes, you should be VERY VERY concerned! Kiss you $$ good-bye!

• Mc
    M Chan Oct 18, 2019

@JanF Hi JanF, Did you succeed in moving your art piece(s) to another storage facility? Thanks

• Tr
    traineeinvestor Jun 12, 2019

The suggestion that all these complaints are by one person is ridiculous – just another attempt by AFG to try and conceal the common experience of their victims – art sold at prices that are totally divorced from reality, art sold on the basis on non-existent leases, rock-solid assurances that AFG will arrange for the art to be sent to auction at the end of the rent-free storage period which are never honoured etc etc etc.

Everyone who feels they have been defrauded by AFG (or anyone else) should report to the Hong Kong Police's Anti-Deception Coordination Centre either by phone or by using the on-line reporting facility: https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/adcc/contact.html

• Tl
    T Lam Jan 05, 2020

@traineeinvestor Hello everyone, I'm Thomas and also a victim in AFG scam. Bought 4 pieces in 2016. Has anyone file to the police yet? I wish to take part in any action this group may have. I have sent request to join FB "Afgscam" private group, and pending for approval.

All e-mail addresses on this website is shown [protected], so I have no idea how else to get in contact with the group.

• Mc
    M Chan Oct 18, 2019

Hi everyone, I am M Chan and am also a victim who started to buy art pieces from AFG since 2015. I just received an email from Macey and Sons Auctioneers and Valuers Limited. It claimed to have taken over AFG, and asked me to give it instruction by 31 Oct 2019 on whether to engage it for further storage after the "storage end date".

Does any one have any idea on the recent development of this issue? Thanks a lot!