Arrow Exterminatorssentricon

W

Recently I found out that my sentricon guy was let go from arrow exterminators...he was very professional, nice, and always called and scheduled my service as I requested, unlike the guys before him, personally I think they let him go because when he was over here last, he explained that they were doing a sentricon conversion, and that they would no longer going to come over ever 90 days, which I though was suspect, why would they changed something that wasn't broke to begin with...but anyway, I told him that if that was going to happen, that they probaly wasn't going to need him anymore, and I was right. I bet they tried to make him look silly when they let him go, he apparently wasn't doing his job right, even though he has been doing his job right in front of me for over 2 years, to me I think they are full of it...I really liked him, and am sorry that he is no longer with the company, but because of that I am going to cancel my service, and go with COOK'S, them came over and gave me a price, and told me that I will have the same technician to service my house, which I think is key...I don't see why arrow, fires people who do a great job with their customers, I just don't want to do business with a company like that anymore, and anybody who wants to feel any level of comfort for termite service should seek termite coverage elsewhere...ROLL TIDE

• Do
    DontBeSoWhiney Feb 03, 2014

This shows a lack of knowledge on the consumer side when it comes to termite control. SENTRICON calls the shots when it comes to up fit of their stations; not Arrow. Before, your beloved serviceman was inspecting wooden stakes inside the stations. If he found termite activity he would have to "recruit" termites into a cartridge containing growth regulators and replace the stakes with cartridge. These had to be inspected quarterly for activity. Last year year sentricon came out with ALWAYS ACTIVE. This allows that cartridge to be in the station at the time of install or up fitted into existing stations. The termites feed on IGR 's from the beginning and only need to be checked 1 time a year. And yes, those cartridges expensive. You're beloved serviceman probably was promoted, because bait station work is reserved for the inexperienced folks.

AnonA22 Jan 10, 2013

Sentricon "conversion" was changing from a bait system that had to be changed every quarter because the product really just didn't work past that time period, to a bait system that lasts for years in the ground and only has to be checked once a year. I personally work in a very busy Arrow office, and we have exactly ONE technician that checks the Sentricon stations for ALL of our office's customers by himself. I'm sure we had more techs that changed bait stations back when we were on the quarterly service - people complain about the Sentricon annual renewal fee "only" paying for "one service when they used to get four a year", but this new system is really a better system because of the way it is designed. It's less hassle for the customer, too, because they don't have to keep scheduling quarterly inspections.

The company is really good about not firing people unless they are really, really deserving of a firing (like crashing into something in the company vehicle while on meth - true story - he must have slipped through the cracks because the company does drug testing) - usually people are moved around. The good ones are promoted - they have been growing during this entire slow economy, and people have been promoted left and right to accomodate all of the new offices they have been opening.

That being said, there was probably either a good reason he was laid off that you don't know about, or he chose to leave rather than get moved somewhere else. I am not management or a long time employee so I have no reason to defend the company on this complaint, but I thought that it should be said that Arrow doesn't just let good people go without trying to make it work with them first (going to another department or office, etc).