Arizona Registrar of Contractorslack of response to the complaint

T

Filed a ROC complaint, # [protected] Against Chatters Construction for inferior/defective painting, carpentery breach of contract, I was assigned an investigator from Show-Low, When he did come to my cabin, he never introduced himself to me as who he was or even his name, just started right in stating what the ground rules would be and if they weren't followed he would just leave and come back another time. The only thing he addressed were paint spots all over my lower porch concrete floor and table, which he tried his best to say these were paint drops from the ceiling above that had occurred when it was painted. (not true, this was over spray from a spray gun whose packings had gone bad) He made no comment on the fact that the contractor had painted the one side of my cabin the wrong color had done no prep and the paint was failing off the log siding and had not completely painted the whole side of the cabin as per contract. The inspector then went onto my up-stairs porch and completely ignored the fact that I now had 2 totally different types of railings on the porch, that what this contractor had installed as "new" was only 3 months old and was now splitting in half, was completely "misshapen" and matched nothing that was there previously ! The inspector went through great lengths to say that this is typical of wood at these elevations and weather and that indeed it matched what I had up there, which it did not, photo's to prove just that. I sent him several e-mails pointing out facts that he was quite wrong in several areas of the inspection, it should be noted that in the total 4 plus months that this whole thing went on, including a 2nd. inspection this so called inspector, Tom Sandoval never once acknowledged a single e-mail that I sent him in regards to his flawed inspection, nor did the Director of the ROC Mr. Mundell, fact of the matter when I did place a personal phone call to his office in an attempt to speak to him, his personal sectary answered the phone and when I asked her whom was I speaking to, she replied, "I'm not going to give you my name" ok, that pretty much summed it up for me at that point. be advised, that if you have a complaint with a contractor, don't waste your time contacting the state ROC, cause they won't do squat for you !! Period, there too busy covering their ### to keep their jobs to worry about you or enforcing state codes, which I came to find out this moran Sandoval was making them up to fit his orders to the contractor ! This can also be proven as well, this is not just talk, I can back up every word I've printed here !

• To
    tony deleano Dec 29, 2013

On or about July 17, 2013 I filed a complaint with the ROC in regards to poor construction on my summer cabin located in Heber AZ. The complaint ended up in the hands of a local ROC branch office investigator, located in the town of Show-Low, AZ. by the name of Tom Sandoval, and employee of the ROC for 13 years as I've been told. A complaint was then filed, # [protected] which as far as I know has not been closed to my knowledge. My complaint centered around the actions of a general contractor, a Mr. Milt Chatters, of "Chatters Construction". He had done work for us in the past, and this was his 3rd. contract with us. His work turned out to be a complete disaster. Since that time, I have filed numerous complaints to the ROC and to the contractor asking for a response to my complaints. In short, my complaints were never to this day properly addressed but were for the most part, just plain ignored. Also nor were any of the employees of the ROC of any use or help in my complaint. These people will and still do ignore any and all requests you make as far as your complaint is concerned, there is no response from any of these employees that work for the ROC, they are all hiding for some reason. From the Director, Mr. William Mundell, utterly useless I might add, to the lower level employees, such as the investigator in this case, this State Agency is a complete waste and is a joke in as far as what a "State Agency" is suppose to do for the citizens of that state and to serve them not them selves, as is what it would appear to be the case here. I can back up any and ALL comments I have made here today and welcome anyone who wishes to see the photos and the complaint itself as well as the "Corrective Work Order" from the ROC, another joke in it's self.