Archives.comContinued billing after contract ended

M Review updated:

I signed up for a 7 day free trial with a one month non-renewable membership. They have continued to bill me for three additional months. The first extra month I thought it was Ancestry.com because I had signed up for their site. I just recently signed up for a 6 month membership for Ancestry.com and paid that in full. When I checked my account, I saw the charge from Archives.com. I tried to call them but was on hold for a long time.
I went to their website and cancelled my membership. Somehow while searching for my membership information I stumbled upon a page that showed my membership was not to renew after the first month. While submitting a "support ticket" to them to request a refund for the three months that I was billed for after my contract was supposed to have been cancelled, I tried to find the same information again and could not find it.
In this whole process of cancelling my membership and submitting the support ticket, I cancelled my membership a minimum of three times, but only received one email that says they received my cancellation request.
Their website is very hard to navigate as far as finding membership information.
I would like a full refund for the months of March, April and May 2016 from them as I will not use their site ever again as well as their partner sites.

• Fl
    FLR Jun 09, 2018

Cancelled Ancestory account 1-2 years ago. Archives.com Continued taking $6.95 from my checking account through PayPal. Contacted Archives customer service who cancelled account again with no record of first cancellation. Could only refund $6.95 which credit did not go through according to service rep. Suggested I contact them again in 5 days of I don't see the credit. Wow!
    My fault for not catching this small amount.

• Fl