Arbonneallergic reaction

D Review updated:

I have a question if anyone can answer it.

I tried a hand lotion from Arbonne and was told that it was "all natural." However, after I tried it my hands broke out in a rash. The lady said that was wierd since it was "all natural". Here is my theory, if it is "all natural" wouldn't it have some ingredients from plants, etc. that someone could be allergic too?

I have not tried Arbonne since because I was afraid of the reaction to it. I have no complaints against it, but if someone could tell me if anyone else has had similar reactions to this product let me know.

BritF Sep 23, 2021

I’ve always used Obagi and Murad…. I just started the age well line yesterday. My entire face is itchy and I have hundreds of tiny bumps all over my face that has now moved down my neck and to my shoulders. My entire body itches from head to toe. I had to leave work to take a shower and wash my entire body. My face burns, is swollen, and feels extremely rough. Before I used Arbonne I had nice smooth skin. I’m returning all Arbonne products and will stick with Obagi and Murad.

• Ka
    Katie Spero Jul 29, 2020

Can anyone describe the types of rashes they have broken out in? I've been using the shake and bars for almost three months and started developing this crazy rash all over my legs, back, and sides. Mine look like little red welts or almost like red bruises.

• Mi
    Mizzbatts Jun 23, 2020

My body broke out in a heat rash two weeks and a day into the program. It was the only new thing I was consuming in my life for my body to react that way and now they have to do an “investigation.” I don’t appreciate being called a liar basically and having an reaction the way I did and now I can’t even possibly get my money back? I’m extremely upset.

Comments

• Su
    SuzyH1965 Apr 24, 2020

I had previously used Arbonne in my late 30s and loved it. It was super expensive and I stopped using. I decided to give a go again recently and for the first week to 10 days everything was fine. I felt that my skin looked brighter and more even toned. I noticed an itching around my ears/jawline. Tiny, rough and itchy bumps popped up all over my cheeks and forehead. They are very irritating and nothing is helping to calm them. I’m calling my doctor today and returning the products. I am hoping that this resolves itself. I can’t keep scratching my face and it looks red and irritated. Not a happy customer.

• St
    Stickwithoils Mar 06, 2020

I used the RE9 line three times in two days (2 morning applications and 1 one evening application). A few hours after the final application, my face started tingling along with full blown burning and extreme redness for hours.

My skin was pretty smooth and hydrated prior to using this, ;fast forward 3 days after the final use and my skin still feels extremely rough, there is redness as well as a constant tingle and irritation. I used this against my better judgement and will never recommend this line to anyone for a variety of reasons.

Briphillips Feb 24, 2020

I received the Arbonne detox lotion as a gift recently. I put it on my arms before I went to bed. I woke up the next morning with red/itching/burning/swollen/ &extremely dry skin on my face and arms. It has been 6 days since initial application, I discontinued use immediately. The rash has not changed, in fact it seems to get worse every day. I am an Esthetician and Take very good care of my skin. I have never had sensitive skin, nor am I allergic to anything I know of. I am beside myself at the reaction my body had to this product. I am also leaving for Mexico in a week and After reading reviews, I have a feeling this won’t be going away prior to my trip. I have avoided Arbonne use for over a decade (I don’t believe in Promoting pyramid schemes, and I especially Don’t promote “consultants” that are not licensed in skin care) with that said, it was a gift and against my best judgement I gave it a try. Lesson learned I suppose. Never again

• Ca
    Canadian Gorl Jan 03, 2020

I used the RE9, a sample pack I received from a party I went to. I applied the morning and night application on a Thursday and my face started to swell the very next day on Friday. I woke up on Saturday and my face was huge and swollen all over. Sunday, my swelling went down but my face became red and dried out rough feeling. I am a week out, the swelling has gone but my face is still extremely dry.
    I will never use this product line again!

• Me
    Melonby Jul 20, 2019

The Arbonne make up I used caused me to break out in what looked like pimples but were actually tiny blisters on my face. They were itchy too and took two months to clear up with steroids. Someone suggested I might be allergic to the silcone which is in sunscreens as well and I also react to.

malibuatty Jul 10, 2019

I used arbonne products for about a year and then tried the retinol. On day 3 my face had a rash, looked burnt in places and it is two months later and still here. . During this time it has never gone away but it starts to clear and then moves to other places, on face, neck and decolette. Has anyone had this happen where it lasted this long??

• Ci
    Cinderella13 May 03, 2019

I think mine is more of a question than a complaint. I just got the Calm line. I used it Tues. night, Wed. morning and night, and Thurs. morning and night. Wed and Thurs I was fine with it, woke up feeling soft and smooth. Today I woke up with red bumps on my face. Definitely not normal pimples, more like a rash. If it was an allergic reaction though, would it really take 3 days to affect me? I would have thought that I would have had any type of reaction the first time I used it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Kr
    kristina kay Jan 16, 2019

I also received the sample box first time I tried it was Sunday night the next morning I woke up with my face burnt and swollen face big allergic reaction day 3 and my face feels rough as hell and still swollen some area DO NOT USE ARBONNE definitely do not recommend

ChrissyYork Nov 25, 2018

I just started using the sample pack, and during the night my neck started itching. In the morning I checked my face and neck, sure enough i had a rash. Not using that anymore !

• Bg
    B. Galyon Jul 28, 2018

Adding to the previous post, most products for skin use a petroleum base for a good reason - its inert and probably not more than one person in a billion will have a reaction.

• Bg
    B. Galyon Jul 28, 2018

My best friend is totally committed to using and selling all Arbonne products. Unfortunately I have had a serious allergic reaction to every single product I've used. My allergist states it is because Arbonne contains biologically active ingredients, and I have an overactive immune system and should stay as far, far away from products like that as humanly possible. When I asked why a supposedly all-natural product would affect me like that, he just laughed and said, Well rattlesnakes are all natural, and they will kill you.

• Ju
    Judy melson May 27, 2018

I have an unopened bottle of the re9 toner. The code on the box is 4307A05. What does this mean.

• Ar
    Arburn Sep 02, 2014

I too have used this product and was given the RE9 sample kit at a party I attended. The first night I tried it and was loving how soft my skin felt. But about 6 hours later I woke up in discomfort. I had a chemical burn (diagnosed) on my nose and forehead, and I had broken out in a severe rash on my hands where they used the hand scrub and lotion, and my arm where they used the body lotion. The rep said that apparently this is "normal" and that the skin needs to adjust to the product as it is pulling chemicals out of the skin. However, I have used only all-natural home made products for the past 3 years and my doctor is saying that this is a severe allergic and to discontinue use immediately. I am not at all impressed with Arbonne and even after extensive research I have been unable to find any full ingredient lists for any of their products. How can these representatives or this company expect people to simply "trust" in so-called "good science"? As far as I am concerned this is a very misrepresented product.

Rosie Mellors Dec 17, 2016

@Arburn The consultant was obviously not very knowledgeable. It would have been obvious to most people that this was an allergic reaction.

• Es
    Estellabella88 Jun 03, 2019

@Arburn Want to join a class action lawsuit with me? They destroyed my face. Five months later and I still have permanent damage. Conscious healing 88 @gmail.com (Had to space it out so that the website didn't hide the email address).

• Ca
    Carina Keller Jan 15, 2020

@Estellabella88 I’ll join you. I had a severe reaction for the r9 advanced line last week. I woke up with my eyes swollen and the rest of my face was red, bumpy and severely dry. 5 days later my once fine lines are now deep wrinkles and even after slathering on a face oil and a very expensive cream, my skin is still dry! I just pray this does not do permanent damage!!!

• Hs
    Hsmith123 Feb 22, 2020

@Carina Keller Hi Carina, I’ve experienced exactly the same as you. 😞 Can I ask how your skin is now? I’m so scared about the wrinkles x

Briphillips Feb 24, 2020

@Hsmith123 I would love an update on your skin as well. I am only 6 days in, not sure when it’s going to go away.

• Li
    Lisa King 1984 Jul 06, 2020

@Estellabella88 I’ll join also. My face has been puffy, dry and stinging for a week now with no sign of it going away any time soon.

• Re
    Re9 not good for me Sep 15, 2020

@Lisa King 1984 Same symptoms puffy dry tight stingy bumpy - previously smooth skin. 5 days and counting :(

• Di
    dianamorden Jul 11, 2014

I recently attended a party and tried the rE9 products. I have always had nice skin, and am now in my 30's and do not break out often, if ever. We did a facial spa party, and my skin felt fantastic afterwards. I was asked what my skin regimen was and I a said I don't have one and was recommended to try the facial cleanser and toner. I loved the smell so I bought it. $100 later, I tried it when I got it and the next morning I broke out in pimples all around my mouth. I stopped using it for awhile and then once my skin was clear, I used it again last night. This morning I woke up with a huge boil like pimple on my forehead and two almost burned looking pimples by my mouth. They are painful and unsightly. I am assuming I am having a reaction to the products. I don't think I will use it anymore. I took pictures, so I have proof.

• Ga
    Gayle F May 19, 2014

I got a free sample of the re9 products and have broken out severely on my face and neck. My doctor had to subscribe oral steroids to get rid of the rash. I think it is the excessive use of citrus in the products

• At
    athom439 May 20, 2013

I went to a party last night where there was a Arbonne consultant. I was told that it as "all natural" and "chemical free." As I tried each product, my face became very red, hot to the touch and sensitive. I was told that this can happen but it is nothing to worry about. I would like to call them out on their claims as today my face is very red, burning, sensitive to touch and I am miserable. I also have a number of large pimples forming.

I will refuse to attend any future parties where Arbonne will be sold. I will also not recommend any of their products and I am very disappointed in the "facts" that I was told as I have done a lot of research today and it appears as though their claims of "all natural" and "chemical free" is a lie to see overly priced products

Rosie Mellors Dec 17, 2016

@athom439 The Toner can make your face a little red and tingly, this just means it is working. However, anything that makes you fully red and burning is an allergic reaction. I dont believe that more people are allergic to Arbonne than any other products. Nothing is completely chemical free. We are free of the 5 big chemcials commonly used in these types of products. A lot of companies are free of the biggest 3 damaging products these days but we are still ahead of them. I hope this helps.

• Lo
    Lora2 Mar 12, 2013

I was given a sample of all the RE9 products. I followed the regime in the morning and then again at night. The next morning my eyes were extremely puffy, burning and itchy. Two days later and I still look like I've been crying!

Rosie Mellors Dec 17, 2016

@Lora2 I am a consultant and I am allergic to the eye creme as well. We dont claim that you cant be allergic to our products. They have been extensively tested and are Botanically based, but that does not mean you cant be allergic to them. We do have a Calm Selection which might suit you better. Anyone can be allergic to any product. Im sorry you were unable to use this product.

• Es
    Estellabella88 Jun 03, 2019

@Rosie Mellors your company desperately needs to remove this product from your shelves. It has destroyed my face, five months later and it's STILL ruined and will be for life now thanks to you. There at least needs to be a warning label on the products that EVERYONE and their mothers are allergic to. CLEARLY

• Ha
    hand cream Jan 04, 2011

I got the hand cream for free for having the party at my house but when I tried it my hands broke out into a rash too! was not impressed!

• St
    stephanie Johnston Mar 21, 2010

I received a2 oz bottle of Arbonne Awaken as a gift and as I am sensitive to many chemicals (synthetics) I chose to sniff the contents first. Both my husband (who is not sensitive to chemicals) and I were turned off my the aroma of the product and my body told me there is much more than natural products in this. I tried to read the list of contents on the packaging, however the print is so small that is impossible to read. Is there anyone from Arbonne who is willing to list all the ingrediants of the product on this site? Thank you for considering!
    Stephanie

• Mi
    Mickey71 Feb 23, 2010

I have had a few clients return the RE9 products probably because of the citrus, but they broke out in rashes and it was rather uncomfortable for them. Yes, just because it is botanically based doesn't mean that someone won't be allergic somewhere to a product. I know Arbonne tests on a human panel and is supposed to have 100% no reactions for the final product to be released - but how many people do they have to go through to find that 100% is my question? Perhaps someone higher up in Arbonne would be able to answer that for me.

• Pd
    PDF Oct 21, 2009

Sorry about the rash...
    You were misinformed. Arbonne is NOT 'all natural' but it IS botanically BASED.
    The majority of the ingredients come from nature however we use the BEST of SCIENCE along with it.
    You are correct. You can be allergic to anything...natural or synthetic. I have had people allergic to Almond Oil that cannot use the products containing that ingredient. The most common one is a sensitivity to CITRUS which means they cannot use our RE9 line or the Awaken lines. That's too bad when that happens because they are wonderful products. I ask these types of questions when I'm working with my clients.

Funny, I know of two Vice Presidents in our company that CANNOT use those two lines for that reason. They LOVE & use everything else though!

I would recommend you always do a 'patch test' on your inner arm. That will insure you don't have a bad experience again, with ANY product line.

Hope that helps.

Pam

• Ld
    LDArbonne Oct 13, 2009

I am also sorry you had an issue. I would file a complaint with Arbonne. Talk to your consultant about that. They do have the 45 day money back guarantee, and I most certainly would want you as a client to be happy - and try a new product.

But you are absolutely right that it could be a botanical that you are allergic to.

Good luck!

• Dj
    DJ G Oct 11, 2009

I've had clients break out before not many but a couple. Usually it is because they are allergic to one of the botanicals. I will usually tell them to try and find out what they may had had a reaction to so they know in the future what to look for. Arbonne's products are tested extensively on human panels to make sure there are no reactions but that doesn't mean someone won't have a allergic reaction somewhere. I'm sorry you had a problem