AmerigasLACK OF SERIVCE

February 18, 2009

Sirs or Madam,

My name is Christina Scripture. I reside in Pennsylvania and by default am a unfortunate customer
of yours.
I am writing this because I have spent 4 consecutive sleepless nights due to being held hostage by
your company, Amerigas.
I moved from Maryland where I received my heat in the form of natural gas. I bring this up only because I had no clue the inconvenience, expense and amount of propane that is needed to heat a home.
My oven is propane, my dryer is propane, my hot water heater is propane and my heat is propane.
Now, the family who sold the home to me was a family of 6( 4 children and 2 adults). My family consists of 2 adults and 1 child. We keep the temperature at 65 degrees. In the disclosure of the
home I was advised that my propane costs would be approx 1000.00 a year. Now, I bring all of this up so as to explain why I assumed that 200 gallons of fuel would last a few months. So, I in turn did
not check my propane level on a daily basis.
I had the tank filled with 200 gallons of propane on January 06, 2009.
I went to use my oven on Friday, February 13th and noticed that the flame from the burner was very
low even though I had it on high. So, I ran outside to check the propane tank. I couldn't even see
the needle. So I called my boyfriend and asked him to call the Amerigas office. I asked him to call
because my previous experiences with them have left me exasperated. He called them and received their emergency hotline ( the main office was closed). He explained we had no propane and they said that they would have someone call us on Monday about this. It is February 13th in the dead of winter and we have no propane now!!! He called me to let me know this I asked him to please call again. There has to be some kind of emergency relief. I can't believe that a company that has the responsibility of providing fuel to heat would not have some kind of emergency plan to fall back on. So, he called again and got the same response. So, I called. I started to receive the same response at that time, faced with the reality that my family was going to be cold for the whole weekend I then told them I could smell a gas leak and I was willing to pay whatever I needed to to get someone out there. At that point she took my number and had someone call me. About and hour and a half there was a technician at my home and brought 44 gallons of propane.
So, at 8:00am Monday morning I called the Amerigas office in Maryland that services my part of
Pa. and advised them of my situation. The robot on the phone took my credit card number and charged me 530.15 for 200 more gallons of fuel and then was told 7-10 business days it would be delivered!!!
7-10 business days are you kidding me???????? Do these people have families? Do these people have beating hearts?
It is now February 18th, we are now taking cold showers. The needle on the propane tank is buried again. I am stressed beyond measure.
We live in the year 2009 and my family is living like this??
She sure didn't take 7-10 business days to collect the 530.15!!
So, I have called around to switch companies and I am being told that I have to have your tank removed from the land before they will bring another tank. Ok. I call the ever so warm and compassionate Audrey at Amerigas so that they will come pick up their tank I want to sever all ties with your company.
She then tells me it is my responsibility to have it dug up. Ok, let me understand this horrible situation
your unwanted property is buried on my land, you will not remove it, you will not sell it to me and I cant get you to fill the damn thing so we don't freeze. Wow!
So, here I sit at work depressed, worried, and completely helpless unless THE MIGHTY AMERIGAS decides to bestow some propane on me today.

So, with this I want to let you know I work with the public. I work in customer service. I will be
shouting from the mountain top about my experience. I will be posting this all over the internet.. If I could I would be camped out at your office, but I have to work so that I can pay for propane and hope it gets delivered within 7-10 business days.

Your held by hostage customer,
Christina A. Scripture
11 Briarwood court
Felton, Pa 17322
[protected]

• Je
    Jennifer Henneman Dec 18, 2018

Another dissatisfied customer here. They have knowingly left this family without heat for THREE days. They have promised delivery on two separate occasions. They are taking advantage of the situation because we cannot get the tanks filled elsewhere. Consumers beware they do not honor promises mentioned on their website like being there when needed and excellent customer service.. They have been paid for propane they have not delivered!

• La
    Larissa Arist Feb 12, 2014

I've also had an extremely difficult time getting any kind of communication with the distributor in White Hall, MD. Their office number is always busy and they never return phone messages. I'm supposed to be on automatic delivery but they have let me run out several times. Currently we're facing a winter storm with at least half a foot of snow and I'm on empty. Very dissappointed with the level of service from this company!

• Am
    AmeriGas Customer Service Jan 15, 2011

We are sorry to hear about your situation and apologize for your recent experience with AmeriGas. AmeriGas prides itself on providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact Fran directly via email at [email protected] so we can promptly assist you with this issue. To better assist you, please provide your AmeriGas customer number, phone number or the address and zip code where your propane tank is located. Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.