Americas Best Value Inn & Suiteshotel painted post, ny on s. hamilton street

R Jul 01, 2019

I had reserved two rooms for June 28-29 & 30 at the America's Value Inn on S. Hamilton Street in Painted Post, NY. On arrival I was greeted by the counter staff and provided my name with the details of my stay. He asked for a credit cards and tried to use Samsung Pay for the charges and after trying twice because the system would first indicate payment was received then indicated it did not accept the payment I used a credit card. The system still stated no payment yet the amount immediately showed up on an email from my bank. My son, renting the other room also provided a card for payment of his room.

At the room we determined we were given the incorrect room keys as the staff had switched our rooms inadvertently so we just exchanged keys.

After we settled in we went off premises and on return my room key did not open the door lock. Had to call the staff to get me in.

Next night same thing I had to walk to the counter across "campus" to obtain new keys. I was not happy. They I was informed the payment for my room did not show up on their system and was asked to again pay with my card. I refused to do so indicating my bank showed that the payment had been received.

Next morning I went to the counter and showed the staff my bank online statement that the room payment had posted. I was then asked to speak to the manager as their system failed to show the payment. I was informed it would be straightened out Monday morning when the manager was present.

Sunday I again had a problem with the electronic lock not accepting their keys.

Sunday evening I was called by the night manager indicating he was going to issue a credit for both our rooms as he apparently found the problem and for my troubles with all the above.

The facility was not well maintained with broken sidewalks, old wood buildings (multiple buildings like a boy scout campus), an electronic payment system that did not function well if at all, old looking rooms with little lighting, old cathode ray TV's (when did last see one of these), and a bath room sink top that was made for a 4' person. Even the bath condiments (soap and shampoo) were horrible.

I will only say good about the staff as they tried to help as best they could.