American Servicing CompanyASC should be investigated for fraud!

D

Maybe if we could all come together to file a class action suit against ASC. It's good to know that we are not alone and other people have the same problems with this company as we do. I totally agree and I am trying my best to refinance my account somewhere else at this time.

• Je
    Jeanine Youngblut - Read Oct 02, 2007

As like many others we have had nothing but headaches working with ASC. We had to sell our home and move out of state for a job relocation. We first had a buyer within a month to purchase our home and ASC delayed the process for two months which resulted in the loss of our buyer. We then had another buyer immediately following the first who then backed out because of the time it was taking ASC to process the paperwork. ASC stated they never received the paperwork or they needed something else that was already faxed to them more than once. Due to their incompetent work of processing the paperwork we lost 2 buyers and then ASC wanted to foreclose on our property stating it was our fault. We tried setting up payment arrangements since it was difficult to pay on two properties and the payment arrangements were so ridiculously stated that ASC made it impossible for us to pay the mortgage. I would never recommend ASC to anyone and wish for the BBB to beware of this heinous company.

• We
    well thinker of LPP Oct 15, 2007

Afraid to give my email info. BIGGEST scam I have ever heard of. Calls and says "dont send $--- amount wait till I call with new figure (foreberance plan) then break plan due to non payment!!! Any lawyer who will ATTACK asc would make a fortune, but cannot find one with set of B____!!! This message is recorded and is also sent to attorney gen of NY so if they can intercept and find me, they WILL PAY DEARLY!!! RUN FROM WELLS FARGO aka ASC < and many others. I believe this comp is one of the major reasons the nation housing is on the foreclosure rise. Good luck to any with asc/wells fargo and other comps they hide within. God bless, he is the only one who can help us. cbed9

• Wi
    william lambert Oct 21, 2007

I think they are trying to scam us legally and I dont think they should get a way theft and liesdc677.

• Wi
    william lambert Oct 21, 2007

They said they would send me papers that I never received and I faxed papers to them and sent the same by mail and then no one can tell you if they received the papers and then it starts all over again we will send me forums and they never do so what do i do any more with this company no one speaks English.

• Ru
    Russ Watkins Oct 23, 2007

I was also wrong by this company. I refinanced last year and the company I refinanced with sold my loan to ASC. Since then I had a lose of income of about $600.oo a month. I started to fall beside a bit in my mortgage and was unable to send a full payment. A representative from ASC told me it would be better if I held on to what money I had and just make 2 payments next month. Of course I was still short the following month. So we ask for some help and they felt that they could put us on a repayment plan to help us catch up. Now granted our house note was $1100 before the repayment plan. The amount they asked us to pay was now $1500 a month. Does not make since to me either! We first made a down payment of $835 and another payment of 1500 but we could not keep up. It was to much. So they told us we where eligible for a loan modification. That what take all our payments that we where behind in and move them to the end of the loan. So we said fine what do we have to do to have that. They told us what need to be done and we did it. They told us once they got the paper work from us it could take about 30 day to get approved. Meantime we are getting another month behind in our payment. We call ever week for 2 months to find out if it was approved and we would get a different answer from different people every time. Finally after about 2 months of waiting we where told we where not eligible for the modification because we have not been with the company a year. Well they should have known that from the start because we where a new loan. It was like they wanted to just give us the run around. Now here it is 4 months later and I am getting letters saying my loan modification is still under review. It is so confusing because I dont know rather to send money or not. Because if I send it they may not apply to my loan yet know one is giving straight answers. I went from having a VA loan to the worlds worst loan company. God help them for what they are doing.

• Li
    Lisa SPerl BOndy Oct 30, 2007

I lost my home because of ASC. On Oct 11 I found out it was sold Aug 22. They won't even give an extension on Period of Redemption and I think I have it sold. They have not worked with me at all to save my house and made it impossible at every turn. I think they are unfair and treacherous.

• Pe
    Peter J Lardieri Dec 27, 2007

My mortgage was due 12/01/07 with a late charge of $70 after
    12/15/07. I did not pay be the 15th anas I was out of town and
    planned to pay when I returned as I had to transfer funds to make the payment. I received a call from ASC on 12/21/07 and told the reprepresentative I would pay as soon as I transferred the funds on Monday 12/24/07 and I would pay by check by phone.

I made the payment on 12/24/07 by phone. On 12/27/07 I checked my balance and Asc had paid themselves unautherized out of my account and now I have a negative balance for $3625 and many of my checks are going to bounce.

Peter J Lardieri.

• Ca
    Carmen McKinney Jan 09, 2008

Have you ever heard of someone (ASC) charging you for making a payment? I was told I could go on line a make a payment. When I get on line, I was looking for "make a payment". I could find it, so I called customer service to assist me and I was told to go to something like "Quick pay?" or some s--- like that!. They charge you 10.00. So, get this, I decided to mail it for 41 cents. At this moment, it has now taked 10 days and still has not cleared in my bank account.
    They totally s*ck!!!

• De
    denise miller Jan 09, 2008

Hey, do you remember the doc in the middle of your form that said ARM and you should read the doc before you signed, hey homeownership is not a right in america we need to be responsible, the plan you talk about hey do you know of any mortage company that has to help you these people helped me when I needed them and all I can say is how is your debt to ratio, oh yes read your docs.

• Al
    al smith Jan 14, 2008

Do you have access to your closing documents? If so, look for your note. In the note it will explain how your adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) is calculated. Most ARM loans are based on LIBOR (The London Interbank Offered Rate) and the prime rate. There are other rates but this is 2 of the most popular. When the agent said that it was based on the Wall Street Journal, I think they were trying to say that the prime, libor and other rates are posted in the Journal. If you do not have a copy of your note handy, call customer service and request they mail you a copy of your note. There you will see how the rate is calculated. While you have them on the phone ask them to tall you what the rate adjustment and the % cap is on your loan. This may explain why the jump was so large. Many times they cap may be 10.99 and the 1st adjustment may be just enough to put it at the cap. How long have you had the loan? If it was an ARM that would not adjust for 3 to 5 years, the goal would be to refinance before adjustment date at a lower interest rate. I have heard some bad things about ASC, but this issue is with the mortgage company and the loan officer that sold you the loan. Servicing companies can only do what the note documents and that you sign. They cannot, by law change the note.

It looks like ASC need help is the worst way! Based on the complaints I have read here and elsewhere, this seems to be the worst servicing company in America.

• Ri
    Richard Bolen Jul 24, 2008

Trying to help an owner sell their house... and this is our experience as well. Won't answer phone. Won't return phone calls. To either us or the homeowner. Totally BS.

• C
    c Aug 19, 2008

I am with ASC and had to gt forbearance from being in the hospital..so loss of wages. They worked out a new payment plan for me so that I can get caught up. I have had no trouble with them even when I was late..they called and we worked it out. Today my payment is due and I am going to call them now at 1-800-842-7654. (for those who need their phone number) and the website is www.mortgageaccountonline.com.

I agree about the service charge when you call in to pay your bill..but it is what it is and to avaoid that mail your payaments on time.

• Te
    Tesman Mar 11, 2009

I am in the same boat with all of you who have been ripped of by ASC. It will be a good Idea to file a class action suite against ASC, as long as we are many.

• Am
    AMEIRCANDAD Mar 17, 2009

I am willing to bet all of you who have left negative replies on this board, have sub Prime loans. This means you were allready a deadbeat and allready had creidt cards that were in collections.. Then like the ###ing brilliant people that you are, you said, hey why don't I listen to my friend the realtor and get into a house.. Guess what your friend the realtor dons't give a ### about you, and like the ###ing ###s that you continue to show people who actually pay thier bills on time on a day to day basis, you signed the documents stating that My intrest rate can only go up every six months and never go down.. But instaed of reading LEGAL documents that state I will pay X amount of Dollars on X day and I will pay it or the bank has every right to foreclose on my house, you would rather start internet blogs about how ###ing horrible ASC is and they should be investigated.

You, are the probelm with America, it isn't greed, it's stupid ###ing people like you, who lie to everyone, including yourslef into believing they can afford it.. Guess what It's not the dream of home ownership if you can't afford it, it's just a ###ing lie that has killed America because of your stupidity. Now the banks bend over backwards for you offering programs that get laughed at because you still can't ###ing afford them.. I think it's great ot live in a country where we have everything handed to us but yet we still laugh at it and spit on our handout, because it's not good enough..
    What ever happened to the days of, it's not what your Country can do for you.. It's what You can do for your Country... It's a dead belief that died the same way the man that spoke these words.. Just like a gun shot to the back of the head, gone... Seriously when did we become a Country that became such a ###ing ### and wants everything handed to us like a ###ing spoiled child.. No wonder all the companies leave this country and go places where people are greatful for jobs and will work no matter what wage thier given..
    Seriously America Go ### yourselfs.. Now I expect all the idiots to leave thier Responses here, and tell me what A ###ing ### that I am for speaking the truth.. No, go ahead I'm expecting it.. Make fun of my spelling or my Grammar.. or make a ###ing real Argument against me because I am tired of all the ###ing ### and complaing ruling the world. I make my voice heard today.. I pay my Bills on time and don't ever buy something like a ###ing house without reading the ###ing contract or have a lawyer, that I trust and know, go over the terms for me.. I know if I lost my Job, I would be out thier hustling trying to make my payment for my house, I don't care if I would have to obtain three jobs, my family will be secure.. Why don't you all just do America a favor and go ###ing kill yourselves.. You lazy ###ers, I'm tired of paying for your ### children and your ###ing welfare..

• Ge
    george Apr 08, 2009

Dear Americandad,
    I felt nervous using both "Dad and American in the same sentence " to address you. You are a disgrace and child protective services should be called to your home. You language is inapproiate and shows your lack of intelligence. Just to clarify what is going on because you obviously are inogrant and uneducated and probably beat your wife - American Servicing Company does not and I repeat does not want to work with anyone. I owned a large mortgage company for 15 years . I had a pretty fixed prime rate on a home that I purchased with a large downpayment - my income was documented. Until last July 2008, I ran out of money. Instead of firing all of my employees or getting a governement bailout - I used my personal savings and credit to keep my business open. I have not had a paycheck for 1 and half. Yes we downsized. I put my home on the market in March 2008 and no buyers. Even if I could have sold it - would have had to come to the table with 87k - forget about the 100k in upgrades I did to my home. For the record, most of us could afford the home at the time we purchased them. Now with job losses or business failures, cost of living going up, health care skyrocketing - and let's forget about divorces - people are losing their homes. I called American Servicing and started the nightmare of a loan modification in August 2008. I was told in order to qualify - I could not have my home on the market. Not that anyone could get finaning for it- I faxed my documents -- to American Serving 29 times. The Hurricane Ike hit Houston - we were without power for 2 weeks - not complaining - natural diasters happen - no, we did not any help from Fema - had insurnace but guess what my ded. was 10k - nothing was covered - job loss, food and minor damage to the home - remember I had already - thankfully - cashed in my stocks, bonds and savings 2007 when the market was up) to help my once very profitable mortgage survive. We were told that there was a moratorum on mortgage payments for 3 months - The payments would be waived till Dec 15th 2008. On Dec 3rd a Letter arrived at my home stating that I was ineligible for a loan modification - I asked them for a worksheet of how they calcatulated this or what the plan was - I was given a line the investor runs the program several ways - Basically they spoke to me in circles. On Dec 18th I got notice that my home was set for foreclosure on Feb 3rd. 2009 I contacted - CCCS - that was joke, I called Hope Now - not eligible for that program live in Texas - and told to reapply for a modification- which I did. Now I bore with all the inconsistent letters that were sent to me throughout this living nightmare - All of my coorespondance were by certified letter, fax and I taped all conversations. I even had one lady tell me that she would not have been behind on her mortgae payments. I requested a breakdown - which is the law to disclosure how they calculated my new principal balance. - 3 certified letters went out. I got another letter stating that once again I was inelgibile for the modifications - still trying to figure to this day - why the 3 month Hurricane payments were still tacked on - no explanation. Sent more certified letters and verbal requests - i was told those certified letters just probabbly go into junk mail. Well, I contacted them on Jan. 30th (friday) both the trustee and American Service Company who has totally ignored all my written requests from validtion, produce the note etc- Oh yeah I sent all letters to the 3 or 4 addresses they would give me. I packed my house up over the weekend all 4333 sqft - and moved - On that Monday - i contacted them and told them - they won - I lost and I moved out - Well, american company told me - Oh we postponed the foreclosure for 30 days. I asked what am to do now. What's the plan - explain fees, should I move in, why was I declined for my modication - what figures are you using - Keep in mine -i don't set my clock in morning - 8:00 they always call everyday. Well my sister went to my home to check on it that Sat - There was a man in my home - changing my locks - Now they did notify me of anything of the sort - i realize in my mortgage deed they can go in if the house is abandoned etc - but this was not the case. That Friday before the breaking and entering by the mortgage company, we were going over my problem - from the begginning - I always had to start from the beginning because I felt I was speaking to an alien or my the doorknob or just banging my head on the cement curb. No mention of entering my home and changing my locks. -I did win one small battle - I spoke to one lady after all of this had happen - begging them to return the keys to my home - they were in a little concerned about that screw up - - I asked the one human who I spoke there at American Servicing Company - what would you have done if you were told you were going into foreclosure on a Tuesday and had small children - Would you not have moved out - She said Yes.. it's just their policy at wells Fargo or whoever owns my note - to torture you and wait till the day before foreclosure - so if they foreclosure on you - most people get stuck and leave their possessions behind for the mortgage company to seize - the sherriff - throws them out in 48 hours so their trapped. What a little game. My current status - I live with my parents, my stuff is in a storage unit, I just got my keys back for my house on March 31st - I discussed with them, that we could do a deed lieu of foreclosure but once again I was not eligible because my house had not been on the market for the last 90 days. I tried to tell the lady that I took it off the market to get a modification and try to sell it when the market came back - - So on May 5th - and I praying they make my day and foreclose - My neighbors are upset about the grass - I am going to sue them. They have violated every law in the book - Everyone has problems in their lives - even you Americandad - and please try take an English class- you need to expand your vocabulary - the only word you know is the f word - Get a dictionary. These people are not wanting a hand out, they are simply asking for help. It would make more sense if people stayed in their homes and made payments - The banks do not want to work with anyone. They have already gotten the money from the government - If they sell the house for $1, they made profit. We should have never given them any money. there is no motivation to work with anyone. yes there were loans that were given out that people should not have gotten. The media has exagerated the sub prime market. I worked with Doctors to Sheriffs who had gone through a bad time - health reasons - divorce or job loss - oh yeah they don't lay off by your credit score - We found that people who had problems in past were so grateful to get second chance - they paid on time - In fact, they could no have got any other credit like these people who lived on the credit cards with 700 plus credit scores -(their time is coming) they had one payment to worry about the mortgage - yes the rate was higher - 9% to 16% when I started - but what is rent - 100% interest. We are headed to bigger problems - people 's retirement were their homes - now that's gone. So I'm sick of all of these people complaining like Americandad -who they are so above everything - God help you if anything ever happens to you - anyone who wants find attorney or know one please - email me [email protected] -

• De
    DEE Apr 16, 2009

i just read that wells fargo is getting bailout money from the government and since they own ASC doesnt that mean that they are required to work with home owners.

Jack Jun 16, 2009

I live in oklahoma And my wife lost her job and ASC(Wells Fargo) won't work with us and told my wife that they won't accept our payment after a certain date. People are being screwed and No one will help!

• Ba
    baltimore md Jun 16, 2009

I have been trying to modify for almost a year and ASC will not work with me either. I have told them they are the worse company for mortgage I have ever had and for the stupid Americandad thinking that everyone is in the same situation has a problem. I have had nothing but problems with this company since I refincnating.

• Ta
    tabitha. turner Jun 28, 2009

I have been trying to get help with asc as well everytime i send the papers in that they need, they never call me and by the time i call them i have to go back through the prosess again.i have been doing this back and forth since aug.2008 and i havent been able to get any help and now i am in pre-forclosure.and everytime i fax anything to them they say they dont get it all and then i have to keep resending the documents.and i dont know what to do..so i agree that we should all get together and file a class action suit against them.tabitha turner

• Ge
    Germantownmaryland Jul 02, 2009

I have been trying to get help with asc as well. It is systematical scam, bad business practice and bad customer service. I never treated the way asc treat me all my life. I ask them who is the investor on my lone, they provide me twice different information. The class action law suit is the only solution. I didn’t see hop with this guys.

• Ro
    Robert Shoemake Jul 16, 2009

I had a similar problem with ASC and another mortage company and after beating my head against the wall I fixed my problem it was easy it didn't involve lawyers and courts. I don't care if you sue them I hope you do. But if they are screwing you over thought the insurance clause. I can help you because I beat them. My email is [email protected] I hope this is not too late. please don't contact me about any other offers.

• Mr
    MR TIRED OF IT Aug 14, 2009

SOMBODY CONTACT ME, IM TIRED OF ASC: [email protected]

• Rr
    [email protected] Aug 25, 2009

Good day, i have a good comunication line with ASC (American Serving Co.), any one can call me... I'm an Mediator (pre-Litigator) for many STATES...
    RIC R.
    (A.D.R)
    World Wide Lending, LLC
    a divison of Legal One, Corp.
    ph: 1-888-215-7150
    fx: 1-888-215-7210

• Ri
    RIPPED OFF BY ASC May 27, 2010

FRAUD, RIP-OFF...LIARS!

AMERICAN SERVICING COMPANY...

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU...THEY WANT YOUR HOUSE...AND MONEY...AND BAILOUT MONEY!

RIP OFF, SCAM, FRAUD, THIEVES...GARBAGE, LIARS

GOOD LUCK EVER GETTING A RE-FINANCE OR A BETTER INTEREST RATE...YOU WON'T WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY LEAD YOU ON THEN RIP YOU OFF...BIG TIME!

THEY ARE QUICK WITH THE SERVICE CHARGES AND LATE FEES AND THEN BRAZENLY SAY THEY ARE "HERE TO HELP"...

THE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. SICK, SICK, BENT INDIVIDUALS.

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART...
    [censor] YOU, AMERICAN SERVICING COMPANY / FANNIE MAE

I WISH YOU ALL DEMISE & COLLAPSE...SOON!

• Lb
    Lboogie Jun 03, 2010

ASC has been jerking us around for a year! We have tried to get a loan modification 4 times through this company. Every time we sent in a loan modification it cost us $200.00 and they denied it each time and wouldn't always tell us what wrong with the paper work. Also, we can't talk to the same person, they are not allowed to give out extensions. So each time I call ASC I have to talk to someone different, and retell my story again. Most of the time the dimwits I talked to could not answer my questions. You also cannot talk to a manager or supervisior. I have had a horrible experience with this company and is afraid of my losing my house. I highly recommend people do not go with this company for a mortgage.

• Th
    Theresa Guo Jun 22, 2010

Me and my Husband have been trying to get a Loan Modification for over a year now with no prevail. We have submitted the requested documents over and over again, provided financials over the phone etc. Today I called to find out the status of the Loan Modification request and was informed that there was no review...that I needed to provided financials over the phone again as well as fax supporting documents. After providing financials over the phone I was told that there were no programs recommended. Hog wash! I know we qualify for a loan modification but for some reason the ASC is not willing to assist. We are ready to jump on a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! This is ridiculous...

• Have you thought that there might be fraud in your mortgage? You can use that to your advantage. My mortgage was researched in the mortgage servicing pools and was found for only the first 9 months we were in the house, from there is appears to have disappeared and can not be found anywhere. I will be glad to explain more about the fraud found in my mortgage. [email protected]

• Be
    Ben Franklyn Aug 08, 2010

I am having the same problem. I recently submit a third application for a loan modification. I am interested in a Class Action suit. This abuse should be stopped.
    [email protected]

• Ds
    dstambaugh Aug 18, 2010

I applied for our modification at the beginning of the year. We mde all the payments as requested, sent in all the information requested; and when I called in June to find out what was going on' got the run around. I got a letter in the mail last week date July 30 stating that they were unable to adjust my mortgage, due to the terms of my mortgage. The letter also stated i could call to discuss the reason for "non-approval."

I called today and spoke to a representative, who forwarded me to another respresentative. The second person; after giving her a few curse words' could only tell me that it ment, " the investor limits do not allow for modification." When I asked what that ment, she informed me that my loan was owned by an invester group, not a bank; so therfore they do not have to abide by the modification rules set up by the government to help families. So your home is probably not owned by a bank if your payments are going to ASC.

I asked this person when my loan was sold to an investment group, since it was through a bank when I took out my loan 5 years ago. Our loan has been sold 3 times and at some point was apparently purchased by an investment group. Her advice for me was to put me in touch with someone who could help me with a short sale or make forclosure easier, I informed her my mortgage was up to date and she could stick it where the sun don't shine.

• Ka
    katherine932 Apr 28, 2011

I have been trying to get a modification for over a year. I have turned in all requested paperwork within 24 hours. We owe a little over $60, 000.00 but are able to make the loan payments now. I call ASC every other day and no one returns my call. I am continually handed over to a new person. Our home has been in foreclosure status but there was no sale date so they told me not to be concerned. Two weeks ago I received notice that the sale date is May 18 at 10:30 am. I am so scared now because our agent won't return my call and the day is approaching. They are going to take my home after being told not to worry. I truly don't feel they ever planned on modifying the loan.

• Lo
    lostioiowa May 10, 2011

well here it is 2011 and ASC is still treating the customers the same way. Class Action lawsuit - sign me up! this is ridicoulous how many times I have submitted my financials and paperwork to these dumb A$$ people. seriously? are they compentent to even be in business.

• Ek
    EK Stewart Oct 17, 2011

Even though your situation is different...BEWARE!!! ASC lies and will use any means of trickery to steal your home. ASC kept my $9, 212 check for wind and hail damage and did no repairs to house. My son who is a contractor sent a bid to do all the work for $3, 000. He was basically contributing his labor and even buying some of the materials. ASC said Wells Fargo agreed to accept the check; send my son's company the money for repairs and use the balance to pay back payments and attorney fees so I could keep my home. I wasn't even asking them to modify or discount my loan. They lied, blocked all further communication from me and foreclosed on my house. These people would fit in well with the mafia. ASC and Wells Fargo protect and facilitate each other, stealing our property in the process. If you would like to join the law suit, send your story and contact information to [email protected]

• Fo
    FogartyG Jan 28, 2013

ASC is part of Wells Fargo...keep in mind if you are doing business with WF you are suckered into the trap again. i have contacted ASC and Well for years trying to reduce me 8% interest rate. ASC would not return my calls. Not knowing i called Wells and they dont return my calls. i am going with another bank and to hell with WF.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices