American Home Shield — gas leak
On monday, march 14, 2016, I called to request repair on my gas line because of leakage. A plumbing company came out. After looking over the job, they talked to ahs and agreed that my portion would be $950.00. They worked tuesday and wednesday and said they could not find the leak, but would come back thursday with a stronger air pump. They said they needed the check for $950 to complete the work. They never came back. I called the next day and was told that due to a shift in the soil it would cost me $4, 200. I became suspicious and contacted the better business bureau and found on line that this is what they do. They have companies to come out and start a project and not finish it, but come up with a ridiculous price so that ahs will not pay and the homeowner will have to pay. They sent me three letters saying that the job was not covered, so I got another company to come out and they did the repairs for $1.080.00. I did stop payment on the check for $950.00. But I think that these companies need to be exposed for the scams they play. As a result, I was without heat and hot water for 10days. I am a 78 year old senior citizen. I have pictures of the way they left my house.
More American Home Shield Complaints & Reviews
- American Home Shield - the truth about ahs
- American Home Shield (AHS) - unable to cancel the policy
- AHS Home Warranty Company - don't trust them
- American Home Shield - rip off
- American Home Shield - beware
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - dryer repair
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - communication and cancellation
- American Home Shield - broken air conditioner
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - refrigerator
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - unethical behavior, lack of customer service.