American Health Advantageunauthorized charges

I was contacted by a telemarketer that is recruiting for this business (said his name is robert, rep #362, which I realize is probably false information) on thursday night 10/08/09. He assured me many times over that I was only agreeing to look at the information and that I absolutely would not be charged a penny. Well, that was completely untrue. My account has been charged the 4.95 introductory charge and I want it refunded promptly. I have no need of these services and no desire to have them. I was only trying to be polite to this pushy liar by agreeing to look at the information. I want my $4.95 refunded and I want not one cent more to be taken from my account. Please rectify this situation. While I understand you aren't directly responsible for the falsehood I was told, you are responsible for doing the right thing in rectifying this situation. Thank you for your very prompt attention to this very fraudulent situation.
Danna f pope

• We
    Wendy Apr 03, 2009

About a month ago or a little longer a lady called me asking about the program they had on discount Insurance. I had taken this out back 2006, they billed me for about 1 yr, they sent me a card or anything. I told her when she called I was no longer interested and I was going to a divorce and this account was frozen. I told the lady that after I got my own account I would call if I was interested in taking out the program again. Well I got on my checking account to find out they took 13 payments of 19.95 out of my account after I told her NOT too. 11 payments where taken out on 3-9-09 another 1 on 3-10-09 and 1 more on 3-25-09. I called the company and she said that she would credit the one on 3-25-09 but couldn't do the others until she reviewed the voice call. I told her I did not give permission and I want my money back in my account. She told me it would take 3-5 days to review the phone tapes before she could credit the money back in my account. I told her they had no right to take it out in the first place. I am so mad, I can not believe companies can just take your money without permission.

• Am
    American Health Advantage May 16, 2012

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience, Luiza. We do our best to make our Members aware of the renewal terms as they are included in the Member's Agreement that all of our Members receive. We do provide several methods of cancellation; including our toll free Member Services phone number, specific cancellation email addresses and of course via physical mail.

We have been dedicated to helping our members save money on their dental care since 2006, and we would love to do the same for you. We look forward to your giving us another opportunity to better serve you.

American Health Advantage - Member Services Department

• Am
    American Health Advantage May 16, 2012

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience, Danna. I have taken a look into these claims, however it seems to be a coincidence of our call on 3/8/09 and the $4.95 charge, as we do not have any medical nor dental products for that price point. However I do see where you had enrolled into our Medical Discount Plan on 10/21/09 for a monthly cost of $29.95. It also seems that you did call to cancel our Medical Discount Plan (2) days later and received a full refund.

American Health Advantage - Member Services Department

• Po
    poffed Nov 13, 2012

i have been paying 19.95 per month for this an have tried to stop it through my bank to no avail they keep taking out 19.95 i cant find the cards they sent me there for i cannot een attempt to try an use them an do not know how to contact these people would appreciate a e-mail from them take take take an nothing in return i no i shouldnt do this because i will probably get resonse from every one an their bother but here goes e-mail [email protected] please advise thank you