Allegiance Moving and StorageStay away

C

To be fair, my first experience with Allegiance was great. The movers got the job done in less than three hours, including a stop at my storage unit, and the charges were $237 less 5% discount. So, when it was time to move back to my original neighborhood, I felt assured I would get a good, minimum deal. I specifically asked for these guys again and was assured I could have them as mover again, but another crew showed up.

The second experience with these ripoff movers was a horror. They arrived and one was in a bad mood. They took their time getting started, there was a disagreement in the truck between them, they moved slow, they loved to tape and tape and wasted a lot of time preparing for this less than 5-mile move. Most of my boxes were well taped anyway. They taped and taped and blanketed my cheap furniture for a less than 5 mile move. I have less blanketing and taping for a previous cross-country move. I finally told them to stop. Just load the stuff. We are wasting time. A contract agreement was to supply wardrobe boxes. There were none. So, one mover wasted 10-15 minutes of my billable time building one while the other guy stood around, same guy who spent some time on his cell phone. I ended up stuffing most of my clothing in plastic bags. I had to ask them several times to get moving, this is my time, they were so slow. When everything was finally loaded, the double-billed drive time was slow, slow, slow. Just checked today. Main street we drove the speed limit 45 mph, but they cranked about 20 mph. They got their truck stuck in a gas station they used to turn around, wasted another 10 minutes or so, assured me I would not be billed but was anyway. Billed something like $30.00 + on packing when all they did was put a portable a/c in a medium sized box for a 3 block drive to storage. I bought a box like that for $2.50 last week.

I think I was "had" when we finally arrived at the new place and he told me he would not unload until there was payment in full. So, I handed over the money, got the credit card out, and they charged my $377.23 for essentially the same move with the same storage stop and same driving distance. The second move was easier as there were about 20 less boxes to deal with. Once payment was made for the full job, they started to move fast and I never was given the option to sign off on the end time.

When I called Ryan to complain, it was oh sure, send a complaint, but I had heard no response. I have filed a BBB complaint and have more complaints to file. It has been several days and no resolution or contact at all.

What makes this more a ripoff is that there was no attempt on their part to resolve this. I asked specific questions that were not responded to due to an almost illegible bill copy. Need I say -- stay miles away from this company.

• Sk
    Skitzy11 Oct 08, 2019

I hired Allegiance to move me across the country. Unfortunately they contracted Unique Van Lines to do the actual move. I have had a ton of problems with Unique and 4 weeks later still do not have my belongings. My stuff was picked up the 13th of Sept and may not arrive until the 28th of October. That is just unbelievable!!!

They sell you on 7-21 days- This is NOT TRUE!! Its up to 30 BUSINESS DAYS... which is 5-6 WEEKS!!!

BE AWARE.. WHEN YOU BOOK ALLEGIANCE, YOU AREN'T ACTUALLY GETTING THEM!!!

So all those good reviews arent for the company you will actually get. Unique has a ton of bad reviews. I did not know I was working with them until loading day. READ THE FINE PRINT!!

When you call to complain, they just hand you off to the contracted company and say " they arent us"