Alex R. Hernandez Jr.unethical behavior, fictitious billings/charges, unauthorized charges on credit card

L Mar 08, 2020

We were charged for the free consultation. He told us what we wanted to hear to get us to sign an agreement to hire and wanted $1995.00 retainer, that wasn't supposed to be used. We didn't hear anything for at least a month so we started calling and it was days still we didn't get a callback. First phone appointment they did schedule we waited and nobody called. They called wanting payment and I told them I would have to have wake up Bill cause he had the card not me and it was for 975.00. I said I can have him call when he gets up. She said no don't wake him up, do you think it would be OK for them to charge the card he had used to put his retainer down? I just hesitated cause I didn't know anything about that. I think I said I suppose, I know I didn't give her outright approval because I can't! cause we're not married nor is it my card. I told him when he did get up and found out they had not even sent an invoice. I called and asked for one and it took all day. I couldn't believe what all was on it. From the start, we had told them what to expect from Secy of State, They said that was good and ok then after they got all the money possible and the retainer too, they said because of all the things I had told them from the start. They can not handle the case without it. Before it was no problem! Halfway through the scam, Alex Hernandez called an Atty from Plano and wanted him to take us to lunch (not a business meeting) but one to meet a new client that was getting upset so it would smooth thing over. He told us about them dropping the ball and had no information to give even him. He offed to take the account but we had spent too much already. The person was late for the meeting and didn't want to hear about anything, he talked about the paid in his neck and that he broke his phone charger and had to stop to buy one. When the food came he got a doggie bag to go right away. He told us he got the tab and stay and enjoy our lunch. Then we got billed for everything $682.50 It just blew us away! I have since found out this is something he has done many times before. He had so many different people on the billing like they were working on it also. The whole thing was a scam. What should have been no more than 600.00, We paid 4, 000.00. They shouldn't be allowed to continue this! Thank you for your time and any help with this matter.