Africa Housing Company / Afhco Property Managementjoint lease agreement not cancelled

Y

I am a tenant that was residing at 303 Impilo from the AFCHO letting agents. I submitted a cancellation notice of the joint lease for unit 303 Impilo Place cnr Jeppe and Loveday between myself and the other tenant on the 1 November 2017 and I was told that they need both signatures on the cancellation form of which I submitted with all signatures, apparently the other tenant sent a notice not to cancel the lease on the 29 November 2017 and the notice was only signed by her alone and had no signature of my own. I only found out on the 11 December 2017 when I was at the office to check whether the lease was cancelled and then on the 12 December 2017 I went to the offices asking why the notice not to cancel was accepted without my signature and I was told it was not picked up that it had only one signature and I asked what is the way forward, I was told to sign a new cancellation of the notice which I did and it was sent to her to sign and she is now refusing to sign and then this morning(13 December 2017) I called the office to find out what is to be done because I want my name to be removed from that flat and lease as I moved out in November and I was told that they cannot do anything without the other signature but they could accept a notice not to cancel without my signature...I even asked can't I do an affidavit stating that she is refusing to sign and I was told I can't she has to sign and I feel this is not fair because the lady I spoke to said they can't do anything with one signature yet they accepted a notice not to cancel with only one signature and never contacted me to find out if I am aware, she even said we assume that you are in contact with each other. Now I feel that the other tenant wants to use my name for a flat I am not even staying on.