Aeropostaleinvalid policies

P Review updated:

My wife had purchased a shirt which she did not try in store as time did not permit.She cut the tag at home, and on trying it realized it did not fit her. I went on her behalf to return it to the store, and Nicole-the sales representative told me she would refund my money but I unfortunately did not have the right credit card on me. I returned the next day, and a different sales person told me I could not get a refund, and only obtain an exchange as the tag was cut off. I asked where this policy was mentioned as most stores do not have such a policy. I also mentioned that noone had ever mentioned this return policy to meet at the several and prior times I shopped at the same store, and if we had known we would have been careful not to cut off the tags. He said they don't mention the policy during sales!! He referred me to the Manager - Lucas. Lucas told me that Nicole was not educated on the policies, and that it is upto the store discretion to decide on exchange/refund policies and that they need not have it in writing. I was not happy with this response and was surprised at the contradictory responses from Nicole and Lucas. Lucas then told me that he would not do business with me. I found this to be very offensive, and I took the shirt and left the store. I felt that Lucas was discriminating us based on my ethnicity as he was far more polite with Caucasian customers. After living in Seattle for 5 years, I have consisitently felt that the customer service at this location is poor and racially discriminating.

JazSherry Apr 01, 2019

Aeropostle will not ever return anything. They have the WORST customer service with horrible attitudes. We had the receipt, EVERYTHING, but a sales lady accused of washing the jeans??? They didn't FIT, they definitely weren't washed!!! We had the tags, the receipt, everything, but to be ACCUSED like that is the most ridiculous customer UNservice I've seen yet.

• Ly
    Lyn1902 Jan 08, 2017

I went to Aeropostale last Friday 01/06/17 went to buy some jeans and couple of shirts so as soon as I got home I went to wash the jeans that I bought then I realize that the thread of the jeans was falling off can I still exchange it even though it's washed?

• Ly
    Lyn1902 Jan 08, 2017

@Lyn1902 I called the customer service he said that I can still return it because I just bought last Friday which is I haven't even wear it because the jeans seems like it will ripped bec the thread was already starting to come off

• Mi
    minw Nov 29, 2016

Do they accept returns without receipts in Aeropostale USA?

• Ae
    Aero Employee Dec 26, 2011

I work at Aeropostale. It should be common sence that we cannot return ur clothes without the tags because we don't know if they are used or not. You may say that the clothes aren't worn, but how do we know. Sorry, those are the rules

• Mo
    MoHo93 Apr 13, 2011

I am very sorry to hear that they treated you like this. I myself recently worked at an Aeropostale and we returned everything! With or without tags, With or without receipt. With or without original method of payment.

The location that you went to is very unprofessional. At my location, which should be the same at all locations, We just wrote down the customers information and if they did not have the receipt, then they got back how ever much the item was selling for at the time. if they did not have the tags, we found another one of the item and wrote down the style and sku number and made a new tag for the item. If they did no have the method of payment (in the case of a card) then we refunded their money onto a store card for store credit. We also gave back store credit if there was no receipt since we can not prove how the customer paid for their items.

I would contact Corporate and complain about their store.