Advance Auto Partsdiscrimination against customer

I was shopping at Advanced Auto Parts today for cleaning supplies. When I was done gathering what I needed, I went up to the counter to get in line. At this point there were 2 employees at the parts counter/register and 5 customers total in 2 different lines waiting to be helped. While I was waiting there, another gentleman walked in with a drive belt and got in line behind me. At the same time, a 3rd employee emerged from the back of the store and stood behind the salesperson who was working the line I was waiting in. He scanned the line and made eye contact with me and as well as the customer behind me. Then, he started a conversation in spanish with the customer behind me laughing and joking around. Now for whatever reason, the salesperson that was helping the customer in front of me walked out the store with his customer and the salesperson having the conversation with the guy behind me stepped forward to take over and I had put my things on the counter to pay. He knew I was next line, but he gestured to the guy behind me to come forward instead and totally ignored me. I politely told the salesperson that I was next, but then looks at me and says something in spanish and laughs in my face! I said excuse me, what did you say? and he just kept laughing. I turned around and started walking out and another customer pulled me aside and told me what the salesperson said... "speak spanish next time and you might be helped." This made me so mad. At first I wanted to see the manager and he was there but I was so mad, I didnt want to lose my temper and make a fool of myself. So, I went straight home and called the store back directly which was not even 5 minutes later and guess who answered...that same salesperson. I asked to speak with his manager but he said he left an hour ago..big lie!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices