Ace Industrial SupplyCharged $400 for &free& items

D

For starters, we have asked their salesmen to stop calling our house because we have found better prices elsewhere on building supplies. They must be desperate for business because they continue to call. During one phone call, the salesman said he had a lot of odds 'n ends lying around he needed to get rid of, and he would like to send it to us just to get rid of it, paid shipping and no charges whatsoever. Told him fine. A box came with an assortment of items (extension cord, shop light, allen wrench set, etc.) along with an invoice with "$0.00" next to each item. The next month, a bill arrived for $400 for all our "free" items which they insist we owe.

Ansel Price Dec 13, 2008

I agree with you. I have repeatedly told Ace that I do not want their poor quality junk. If I need any tools, I can go to the parts store 2 miles down the road and get what I need immediately. If I have a problem with it, I can take it back and they will replace it or give me a refund.
    Most of what Ace sells is high priced and very poor quality and may not even work the first time you try to use it!

• Ce
    Century European Aug 06, 2009

What did you do with these items that were supposedly free? We are dealing with the very same issue except the bill they say we owe is over $700.00!!! Who did you complain to and what do we do?

• Mi
    mike anthony Dec 20, 2009

i am a manager at ace industrial supply, anything you want to ask and get the truth, you can e-mail me at [protected]@yahoo.com you will be stund, find out the truth about s.t.c charges!

jay jessop Dec 30, 2010

The salesgirl called me, saying she had some free tools that she wanted to send to me at no charge. i agreed even though i had sent back saw blades that were junk. So the free tools arrived and i left them in the box.Sure enough a bill came for $ 479.00 package price & freight $76.75 plus $46.25 for stc what ever that is. Today i went to home depot & lowe's and priced the crap they sent, it came to $340.00. i then took the box of crap to ups returned it for $17.45.

• Hc
    HCass May 31, 2012

I will tell everyone, make sure you document all of your issues, contact the CA Attorney General and BBB about their business practices and then contact the Do Not Call Registry in regards to the calls, but make sure you have proof that you have asked them to stop calling you. The more documentation you have the better case you will have against them. Their business practices are all but despicable and they need to be stopped ASAP. I would file complaints immediately with all the above entities and get them involved so that if Ace Industrial continues with their calls you have a leg to stand on!! Don't wait call TODAY.

• Th
    themanswife Sep 18, 2012

It never ends with Ace. Everyone must make formal complaints! This company and its employees are out of control! I will file a complaint about them on every board I can find just as they spam our business phones cell phones and emails!