Zingow.comUnauthorized Charge, Misled, Bait and Switch, Lied

C

Lied to, Misled, Bait and Switch, Unauthorized Charge on Card

THIS IS A RIPOFF!!! TURN AWAY FROM THESE BAGS!!

I replied to a message on Craig's List regarding rental information. I called [protected] and spoke to a lady that informed me about a program that would help me get into a rental situation. This program was $5.oo a month. I spoke to my wife and called back.

I completed the registration with a gentleman named Rodney. Rodney told me at the end of the registration that I would be charged $99.00. He said that this service was what we were actually looking for and that the other offer wouldn't help. I told him that I would need to talk to my wife and he offered to call back.

He called back and I informed him that my wife and I had decided that it was not a good idea for the time being. He said that would be fine and he would not charge the card. We now have a charge on our account and it WAS NOT AUTHORIZED. Now we are spending time trying to reverse the charge!

• Dd
    DDC Oct 09, 2008

I was charged $199 and can not reach anyone on the phone and have not gotten the rental listings promised on line.

• Tr
    truth be told Oct 28, 2008

I am 4 months into my rental with an option to purchase. I am negotiating with HSBC as I write this on sealing my option to purchase. ZINGOW is helping with the transaction. They put me intouch with HSBC.So for those ne sayers, put this in your pipe and smoke it. ZINGOW does work if you have patience.It took a minute for the bank to get back with me ( which was not ZINGOW'S fault) but it is happening. STAY TUNED.

• Al
    allan morein Oct 30, 2008

im about to do buisness with zingow, so could someone tell me if this place really exists and are they good at what they do...

al

Anonymous Oct 30, 2008

Al and ANYONE else looking to fall for zingow's lies - don't waste your $199 it's a TOTAL SCAM!! What they do, is take your $ email you a list where you have to write letters to the current homeowners that don't have a relationship with zingo.com WHAT SO EVER and then are promised that the customer service will work with you every step of the way till you get into a home... DONT DO IT.

THESE GUYS KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING. They've had (Gobi is the owners name) several other business names in the past along with his old business partner (Mike) and they've had to change their IAP address plenty of times.

I have A TON of insider information on this company and KNOWS WHAT REALLY GOES ON.

If you don't believe me, you get robbed of $199 like many other victims. That is why they have an "F" with the Better Business Bureau too!

• Do
    Dorothy999 Oct 31, 2008

Chrystal, whoever you are, stop misleading people. You sound like one of the Zingow cone men, say the truth, you are one of those silly guys who cone. Zingow spearheads will be soon behind federal bars for what they are doing. Allan, dont waste your money on Zingow, get a trust worthy agent to help you.

Shawn Murphy Nov 04, 2008

I called an ad from craigslist regarding a home in Las Vegas, NV and I spoke with a male at zingow and they right off the top asked for my cc info just to verify that I would be able to make payments on a property. I was promised that my card would not be charged. Once I heard the mans pitch and he stated that it would be 199 to sign up, I informed them that I was not interested and they did not have my permission to charge my card.

My bank card was charged the following day! My bank is pursing this company to get my money back. What's wrong with these idiots, , i have 4 kids and that is grocery money!!!

• Tr
    truth be told Nov 05, 2008

All calls are monitored and recorded. I don't believe this happen the way this person says.If so he has recourse.Its my understanding that agents are scripted and suppose to stay on script. The script only takes credit cards for the list and that is agreed with by the person on the phone.

• Cr
    Craig Nelson Nov 05, 2008

ZINGOW SAVED MY LIFE...I was suppose to rent a house in Henderson near Las Vegas but it fell through. I have a rental truck full of all my family's belongings because we were suppose to move in this past weekend. I called Zingow from Craigslist and they registered me immediately. I saw a property on the list and called customer service. I was given the phone number after a custom search was done, to the owner of the home .I spoke to the owner yesterday and was told a previous person who was suppose to pay yesterday did not come through on the rental and that I have it after I bring the agreed amount to them. It looks very good. ZINGOW SAVED MY LIFE.

Anonymous Nov 05, 2008

For all those that want your money back from zingow.com - HERE IS HOW TO GO ABOUT IT ...

The customer service number is [protected]

The company's number is: [protected]
    - Irina is the customer service manager and her extension is -- 154

BEFORE CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE... Call your bank or credit card company and inform them as to what has taken place and give them zingow.com's office addresss:

12335 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 180
    Los Angeles, CA 90025

The owner's name is : Gopinath Bhaskarpillai (although he goes by: Gobi)

Make sure to tell Irina or the customer service agent that you have informed your bank or credit card company of all their information and if they still refuse to refund your money... get the authorities involved!!!

TAKE ACTION, , REMEMBER THIS IS YOUR HARD EARNED $$$

If you have any further questions, , you can email me at [email protected]

The customer service number is [protected]

The company's number is: [protected]
    - Irina is the customer service manager and her extension is -- 154

12335 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 180
    Los Angeles, CA 90025

The owner's name is : Gopinath Bhaskarpillai (although he goes by: Gobi)

TAKE ACTION, , REMEMBER THIS IS YOUR HARD EARNED $$$

If you have any further questions, , you can email me at [email protected]

Anonymous Nov 05, 2008

F.Y.I ---- WHEN CALLING THE COMPANY'S NUMBER, YOU'LL NOTICE HOW IT SAYS, " Thank you for calling Lotus Inter Works" ( just goes to show how zingow.com is TRULY a scam), anyhow, don't think you've dialed the wrong number...that is ZINGOW.COM !!!

You can go to ... http://www.lotusinterworks.com/ which is a different line of work from what zingow.com promotes.

You can read what the owner of zingow.com (Gopinath Bhaskarpillai -- a.k.a. Gobi) writes about himself by going to http://www.lotusinterworks.com/ -- then hit "About Us". I have pasted and copied what it says, so you can get an idea. THE MAN IS A CROOK...

Dr. B. Gopinath
    Dr. Gopinath founded Lotus Interworks in 1999. Earlier in his career, he spent over 20 years at Bell Laboratories, engaged in fundamental computer and communications sciences research and served as division manager of systems research at Bellcore. During his tenure at Bell Laboratories, Dr. Gopinath also taught as Alexander Humbolt Fellow at the University of Gottingen, Germany, as the Gordon McKay Professor at University of California at Berkeley California and finally as the The State of New Jersey Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Rutgers University in New Jersey.

Dr. Gopinath holds several patents and has several pending patent applications in fundamental areas of communication and computer sciences.
    He has co-authored approximately 70 technical reports and has delivered more than 200 speeches at major universities, research institutions, and technical conferences. Dr. Gopinath earned his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Stanford University. He was elected a Fellow of IEEE for his contributions to the modeling and analysis of communication systems.

Dr. B. Gopinath

Shawn Murphy Nov 07, 2008

This company charged my account without my permission! When I called from a posting off of craigslist, they immediately asked for my Credit number info just to verify that I would be able to make payments on the place I was interested in. Once I heard that it was $199 to join their service, I informed them that I wasn't interested. Next thing you know, My Account was charged anyways!! I'm pissed and I have 4 kids and that money was to go towards my family!!

When, I called the company back to get my money back, they just hung up on me.

Can anyone help me with this or do you know what I should do or did I basically get RIPPED OFF?

Anonymous Nov 07, 2008

This post was made from an employer!! BEWARE -- THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!

Zingow.com does their scamming out of this address...

12335 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste 180
    Los Angeles, CA 90025

FOR ALL THOSE PREVIOUSLY SCAMMED PLEASE GIVE YOUR BANKS, CREDIT CARD COMPANIES AND AUTHORITIES THEIR ADDRESS.

THE OWNERS NAME IS ... GOPINATH BHASKARPILLAI (a.k.a Gobi)

• Ri
    Ripped off Nov 17, 2008

I gave a rep a brand new credit card number. One that hadn't been used before. It was a check card and authorized the charge of $111.00 for a membership which I was told is refundable within one year.

2 days later my checking account was wiped clean! Charges to T mobile and other online companies! All this happenend during the first of the month when rent was due! So everything got screwed up! Luckily my bank Navy Fed got my money back in 4 days!

DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR INFO! IT IS A SCAM! WHEN I JOINED SEPT 1ST 2017 IT WAS RT HOMES NOW ZINGOW? WTF! I AM ON THE PHONE TRYING TO GET A REFUND AND ONLINE FILING A COMPLAINT WITH THE ONLINE BBB!

• In
    Ingerbore Rivera Nov 28, 2008

lady do what I did, contact the FTC and file a complaint against the company. They did the same thing to me. Not sure I will get my $5.00 back, but I was never transferred to a customer service rep after credit info etc. given. When called back got a man and he gave me another customer service number, not the same as the first. So I first called my card company and informed them and then I contacted the FTC and filed a complaint.

File a complaint. Contact your bank/credit card company immediately.

• Ke
    Kevin Marvin Dec 02, 2008

No you are the crook for posting all this garbage.

• Er
    Ernest Dec 17, 2008

They have a salesman named Andre' who out and out lied to me about their services. We were in search of a rental and this service is to purchase foreclosed properties. I want my 200 bucks refunded or that [censored] Andre' to be hit by a bus. Either one of these events would satisfy me.

• Gg
    gg78 Jan 01, 2009

I signed up for this service in JULY and submitted a custom search. I accidentally put in the wrong zip code for where I wanted to look so I waited to see if when the results came back I would be able to submit a new search. Well when weeks went by and still nothing came back I called and spoke with Jennifer in the customer support area. She apologized for no response to my request and asked me to send her an email with all of my criteria and they would expedite it due to my patience as a customer. So I did. And still I got no reply or results on the site. So then I call again and sat on hold for a good hour just trying to get through...never happened! So I have now sent a scathing email about how unhappy I am and all for $200 bucks and still no reply. So here it is Jan 1 and I just thought I would google the name and low and behold it looks like they just might have a class action lawsuit coming ...and they deserve it!

• Li
    Lisa Timmons Jan 06, 2009

I wanted to do a trial membership to check out a pre-forclosure website called Zingow.com. Henry Hall was my customer service rep who told me about the services.

He failed to mention if you did a "Custom Search" that that voided the terms of the free trial. Henry should have mentioned that to me in the shpeel upfront.

I called the day before my trial ended to cancel and they wouldn't cancel it.

I will be contacting authorities on this...

• Bo
    Bob Jan 23, 2009

I bought their stupid $199 "service" and was totally astounded how amateur-ish it was. I could never get through on the phone for their help. I wrote a letter for a refund as per the terms and conditions, but they still won't refund my money. Class- Action time, boys.

• He
    Help is on the way! Jan 26, 2009

Just remember if it sounds to good to be true then it is false and you get nothing for nothing. the only thing in your life is free is the Air you breathe God Will Bless You In His Time Not Yours! we all want a house again and because we messed up our everything sounds good

angry consumer Jan 28, 2009

I completely agree... zingow charged my account an additional $49 that was unauthorized and I have filed a complaint w/ the internet crime department.

Jan Britt Jan 31, 2009

I agree I was done the same way, I was told I would here back form them any where from two days to maybe a week and it's been a month still nothing. And when you send in the listings that you are interested in you still hear nothing back from them. So I really beleive a class action suit would make these scam artist wake up and they deserve what they get for taking money that most people really don't even have now days. Hey I'm in if anyone starts the class action suit I am all for it.

• Rd
    Rdiston Feb 05, 2009

I called the number to get some information about how the process for taking over a mortgage would work. The man on the other end gave me an overview and said that he would need to verify identity information along with bank account information. I asked him if I could have more information or meet with someone to see paperwork or documentation about the company and the process before I just gave them my banking information. He got very impatient at this point. He informed me that he gets over 200 calls in a day and that he can't stop the process for one person. He then told me goodbye and hung up on me. I then called back and waited on hold for a while. I immediately inquired as to the name of the company. The man sounded confused. I asked again "I was wondering the name of the company you work for." He gave me the name (zingow.com). I said thank you very much. He quickly asked me if I was trying to log on to the site and I responded with a yes. He said "You can't do a search on our site without being a member. Nice Try." (Can you believe that!) I then told him that I wasn't trying to do any searches for homes, I just trying to get more information about the company. I CANNOT BELIEVE THE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE THIS COMPANY HAS! I have no idea if they are legitimate or not, but based on the way I was treated I would NEVER do business with them.

shorti627 Feb 06, 2009

i strongly agree with you guys. and also if you guys do the lawsuit i am so up for that. i just messaged them yesterday night too give me a refund because it has been well over a week and no response. there rsponse was "sorry for the inconvenience, but you are unqualified to get a refund according to our terms and conditons because it has been more than 7 days." ###. is all i have to say. they purposly didnt contact me within seven days so that i wont get my refund. ZINGOW.COM i fake and freakin scamful do NOTTTTT give them your money. that is the BOTTOM line people.

• Ju
    Justice Feb 19, 2009

Yes, it is a scam! They post adds on Craigslist in the rental section claiming this particular property is available and very good rates. They claim the rate for actually purchasing the house. They claim that they make arrangements to purchase the property at that rate. I was mislead by these scammers also. I asked "If I don't find a property
    will I receive a refund?" They said that I would not actually be charged until I have found and purchased a property. When you call them a person that calls themselves Jessica
    who is just a fake fielder to bounce you away when you call. Please DO NOT download anything from these people! You will not get your money back. Don't sign up or pay for anything up front is my advice. If they are on the phone pushing you to sign up. DONT DO IT! READ EVERYTHING BEFORE PAYING ANYTHING. Don't be mislead by the advertising. If you read the fine print, you will not be eligible for your money back after SEVEN days. But I would double check the download option too because I beleive it voids your refund option. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! I'm gonna create a quick website devoted just to this scam so I can get the word out about their practices. Legally they have you if you download or don't request a refund within SEVEN days.

KC

• Ni
    NICOLE Mar 12, 2009

SAME HERE!! I WAS SUPPOSE TO RECEIVE A REFUND AND HAD TO CALL MY BANK ON THIS... THE BANK IS IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY REFUND FINALLY... DON'T FALL FOR THIS COMPANY!!

drew f Mar 19, 2009

zingow is a total ripoff consumer scam. it is a shame we have to share the planet with people like this. i hope they sleep well at night knowing they are taking money for nothing. your day is coming. zingow is a scam and i suggest do not waste your money. giving your money to this company is no different than throwing it out your car window as you drive down the street. my daughter was taken for 200 dollars by these crooks. once again incase you didnt understand the first time. zingow is a ripoff scam consumer beware better business bureau f rated fraud company in los angeles california. do not get ripped off by zingow.

drew f Mar 19, 2009

drew f Mar 21, 2009

zingow is a ripoff company. no matter what positive reviews you read i suggest not wasting your money. zingow has so many bad reviews online they have resorted to posting their own positive responses. my daughter was ripped off for 200 dollars and cant get a response or her money back. after researching online in forums, message boards, craigslist los angeles etc... all i get in response is people that have also been cheated out of their money. i cannot find one positive response about them. not one person who has had success buying a home through zingow, and yes they were another company at one time. it helps having an attorney in the family that has access to information about them. zingow is a ripoff. type in zingow in google and yahoo and see for yourself. the post about the bbb is bs. they are trying to cover up so they can continue ripping people off. unfortunately they have ripped off someone who spends their life on the net and vows to stop these crooks. i will never stop. i dont want you to get cheated like my child did. consumer beware - zingow is a fraud and steal your money. yes, that is all they are doing. i hope they sleep good at night. if you too have had problems or been a victim of zingow file a complaint like i did at the ftc website. federal trade commission for those not familiar with the abbreviation. lets put these theiving crooks out of business. they belong in prison. not in business. we dont need companies like zingow in business.

it is almost like a slap in the face. i would be willing to bet they got their name from the urban dictionary which describes zingow as meaning big penis. who's laughing now. see for yourself.

i dont let my children get ripped off and just stand by and do nothing. its my duty as a father to do what i have to do.

drew f Mar 22, 2009

Zingow fraudulently scammed my daughter out of $200.00

The only thing zingow has going for them is craigslist.
    Craigslist is where the majority of their websites traffic comes from.
    It wont be long before that well runs dry for them.
    I have contacted craigslist and i hope others do the same.
    I will contact them again as soon as i search out another post by them deceiving people.

ZINGOW IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY
    My suggestion is to avoid them or you too will regret it.

You can get the same records for free in any city couthouse.

• Do
    dot Apr 27, 2009

i have just spent 2 days trying to get information about this company, because i am very interested in signing up for a service like this, if it is for real. i can't say my experience was very positive, but i can't say for sure that it's a scam. the first operator was polite enough, but very thin in his answers to my questions. i spoke with my financial advisor, who gave me a list of questions to ask before i commit to the fee. i called back and got a supervisor named christopher. he answered my questions much more thoroughly at first; however, he became very impatient with me very quickly, starting to say things like, "look do you want to sign up or no?" when i had not asked all of my questions yet. he also said it was not possible for me to see what type of agreement i would be signing on a house if i did get one. then i went online and found all of these complaints. i also got some further financial advice. i called christopher back to clarify some things. he became irritated immediately and said "look you sound like you want the service but then you keep talking yourself out of it. so why don't you think about it and call back." i told him about the complaints i had found online, and he said these were the work of a group of disgruntled employees who wanted to start their own company, and tha the claims weren't true. today i called to try one last time, also to clarify a couple of items christopher had stated. i reached a man named Sid (or Syd). syd immediately told me that everything christopher had said was wrong. he too became very rude and noninformative when i asked questions and expressed frustration that i had recieved conflicting information. i asked for a supervisor. he said he "probably" was a supervisor. when i insisted, he gave me another number to call. i finally reached a manager named Ryan. he was very knowledgeable and answered my questions much more clearly, beginning to end, than had the others. he was also very polite throughout the conversation. however, several things he stated with explicitly different than what the other agents had said. he did not apologize that there was misinformation, he just told me that it sounded like the service wasn't right for me and got off the phone. maybe that had something to do with the fact that when i finally got frustrated, that i said that i had seen all of the complaints online about them. maybe they thought i was a reporter or something. that part makes me smile... but it is frustrating because it seems too good to be true, so as usual, it is... hard to have faith in a company that acts like this, even if they aren't a scam... and $200 is a lot to spend. overall a very unpleasant experience.

• Su
    sunny May 19, 2009

zigow is dam scam and should return every ones money as soon as possible

• Su
    sunny May 19, 2009

zingow is lie and should return every bodys money

• thescamkilla May 20, 2009

Zingow.com is now www.myhomeselects.com My home selects myhomeselects.com new name same old scam

• Kr
    KRM May 27, 2009

I've been trying to get my refund from this company, and all they say is the check is sent out and wait another week. It's BS that they're talking about. I've been trying to get my refund more than 2 months ago, and same thing they keep telling me over and over.

THIS IS A SCAM!!! I don't know why people do ### like this.. They have their add posted on craigslist and we tried it out. Less than a week we decided to just close the account and get our money back, because my husband and I didn't like how it works. Until now, they're telling me all this BS and I don't know what to do now.. I wish that we searched more about the company first before we made a move.

• El
    elleclimbs Jul 06, 2009

I have waited close to 120 days for an approved partial refund of $199.00 that has never been sent. They would not return the full amount, since they said I clicked on the website and thet foregoes a full refund.

I have placed several calls to customer service, with no status on when this will be handled. Weeks have turned into months and no one has even made a vague attempt to contact me or forward a refund.

I have a letter of agreement indicating that I will be receiving a partial refund within 30 days. I contacted the Better Business Bureau, a consumer watchdog unit and one news stations and I am thinking of going to small claims to expose this fraudulent company who sellds outdated lists.

I realize now that the reputation for refunds is very bad according to every review written and I can see why. This company is a scam and all the do is collect money. Don't give them your hard earned money. These are desperate times and they don't call for desperate measures.