YouthologyUnauthorized charges

I ordered the YOUTHOLOGY product to check it out. I meant to send it back, but had lost the packing slip. One month later, I received a Youthology charge on my bank statement for the same amount, although I had not requested another shipment. I was told, essentially, "tough luck". I had to receive the shipment, pay for the shipping and handling, then pay for shipping and handling to return the package and THEN I would receive a refund from Youthology.

To me, this is basically fraud, but it seems that nothing can be done about it. YOUTHOLOGY practices these deceptive tactics over and over again.

DON'T GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OUT TO ONLINE OR TELEVISION COMPANIES.

• Bm
    bmw1870 Mar 14, 2013

YOU can get your MONEY back and SCREW them at the same TIME...!!!

I ordered the YOUTHOLOGY product for my wife like many other people. The product doesn't work AT alI by the way... I paid for a 30 day trial ONLY and they then sent me 90 day supply without my knowledge. I received an e-mail first. I then called the company and told them not to send it. They said it was too late. The shipping day was until one day later so what was the problem???

I cancelled the account (at Youthology) at that moment and told them I did not want anything else from this company but they had already charged my credit/debit card for an additional $49.99.

At this point I did not get MAD, I got even. I called the bank and disputed the charge. They immediately refunded me back the $49.99. One month later, they charge my card AGAIN for $39.99. I again disputed, and won. This time the bank suggested that I cancel this debit card and they would re-issue another. At that point, they COULD NOT recharge me. So thats what I did. I also KEPT the 90 day supply and I'm going to sell it on craigslist. Now they lost 90 supply and it will eventually effect their P&L. If enough people follow this process, we can slowly but surely STOP this scam companies in a small way.

So don't get MAD. GET Even !!!

• Ai
    A.I.G. Aug 12, 2011

In May of 2011 I ordered ONE shipment of Youthology skin care. I was very careful to ensure that there were no “repeat” or “automatic” rebills, as I was not sure I would like the product. Low and behold, since that original order, I have been automatically rebilled for the product, as late as August.

After I saw the second charge on my credit card for this product I attempted to contact the merchant by phone. I called MULTIPLE times and was put in a very long phone cue which, after 30 minutes of waiting, gave up on, OR received an automated message upon calling that customer service was shut down owing to technical problems and to try back another day. And so I did… When I FINALLY reached a customer service agent I explained the situation and demanded that the account be cancelled IMMEDIATELY. A male customer service agent assured me that he would cancel the account.

Now, in August, yet ANOTHER charge has appeared on my credit card bill for Youthology!!! I went directly to the website and discovered that I could email in to them, and so today I put in a SECOND cancellation order and actually CANCELLED MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT!!!

• Gs
    Gshargrove Jun 03, 2011

youthology is a ripoff!!!dont buy it!!!complete accurate ratings on here, doesnt work and rips you off...paid 14.99 plus 9.99 for delivery and received it a week later not in the two days as told... this product does not work and dont try to put anything on after it comes right offffff... sucks>>>>>>> customer service is rude an no help at all...dont ever buy this product or anything else from this company, you will get ripped offfff. i am so pissed off at this company that next i will file a complaint with the BBB. it cost me another 4.75 to return it priority shipping and i paid 25.00 they really suck!!

• Tr
    Trish 123456 May 24, 2011

I AGREE THIS IS A HUGE RIPOFF! THEY KEEP SENDING REPEAT PRODUCTS WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION AND ARGUE UP AND DOWN WHEN YOU CALL THEM THAT "YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THE WEBSITE, THIS IS OUR POLICY, NO RETURNS." After going up the ladder 3 levels they agreed to take back the item they shipped without authorization which I sent back, then they told AMX it was never returned!! Someone should arrest these people, they are getting rich fast and any company that makes a hassle out of returns, or refuses returns, obviously does not stand behind their lame product!

• Jp
    Jporter42 Mar 27, 2011

I ordered the Youthology eye cream. I couldn't wait to try it. I started using it immediately and it really worked - for about 3 days. Then I started having trouble with my eyes. They were bruised, red, and burning. I laid off for a couple of weeks and then tried to use it again. Same symptoms. My skin is too sensitive for the product.

When I received the 2nd 90-Day Supply. I did not even open the box. I called to let them know that I would be sending it back and to to get a Return Authorization number as stated in the return instructions. After explaining why I was returning the product, they informed me that they would cancel my subscription, but they would not accept a return of the product or refund my money. They only allow refunds on the first order. All subsequent deliveries are nonrefundable.

One of reasons I was willing to try the creme was because I made the mistake of thinking that they meant the product, no matter when ordered, could be returned for a a full refund as long as it was unopened. My advice is that if you have sensitive skin (I didn't think I did) or you aren't willing to be stuck with product you can't use, then don't bother with Youthology.

• Fl
    Florida Grammie Mar 27, 2011

I was weary of the advertised claims on the infomercial, how can anything be this 'great'? Ha! Just the name, 'Youthology' sounds like a gimmick to me. Anyway, I began searching the internet for reviews. Went to Amazon first and some of the reviews were written sounding as if they were put there by the Youthology company themselves. Plus, no one gave any type of a helpful review to support the claims of this 'miracle cream'. Instead they were just telling you you should buy it. So I researched beyond Amazon reviews and wound up here. Yep, NOT buying it!

PS - infomercial is still playing as I type. There is a woman on there stating she is 42. Well, I don't believe too many 42 year olds have wrinkles. I didn't at that age and neither did any of my friends - and we lived in Florida! So no dice Youthology! I don't believe your claims.

• Dk
    DKENNEDY Mar 10, 2011

Do yourself a HUGE favor & don't waste your time or money on this product. IT DOES NOT WORK! And even if you cancel the auto ship they will still deduct over $100 from your account and state they have shipped additionsl product.
    I canceled my autoship in time but they are saying I did not. They said they shipped out additional product, which I clearly stated I did NOT want. They charged my account and no product came. When I called to complain, they said too bad, there was nothing they could do about it. TRUST ME THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM, THE PRODUCT IS CRAP (DOES NOTHING THAT THEY CLAIM) AND THEY WILL STEAL HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FROM YOU.

Angle Feb 17, 2011

I order many things from the web because now a days it is very easy to do so. Most of the time I am very satisfied and when I'm not I return or exchange it. NOT with YOUTHOLOGY. I cancelled and they ignored it. I kept the product eventhough i was not happy but i got another shipment and bill again and they said i can not return it because i did not cancel and THEY DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS ON THE SHIPMENTS UNLESS IT'S ON THE FIRST TRIAL SHIPMENT. I'm so confused on why they take advantage of middle normal American households?? I'm sure they have many complaints. I hate to see any more people being taken advantage of. These are expense creams. Don't even try this product because it is not even good.

• He
    hercat5 Jun 08, 2010

I asked to return an automatic shippment and was denied. They wouldn't even let me speak to a supervisor. Kept getting put on "FOREVER HOLD". I was told that I was up the creek so to speak. NEVER buy from them!!! I will also be complaining to the Better Business Bureau. Not a customer service oriented company.

JacW34 Apr 29, 2010

They make money on the cost of shipping! The more the better and by the time it's pulled off the air waves - another person has been taken.

Their day of accountability is close at had - so Mr manufacturer, may you chock on your scam - may your CEO and staff eat whale ***.

I should have know better - so I'm not at all happy with my stupidity. But you're like every crook - may your days be filled with rain and clouds; may your days be filled with cold and discomfort; may those who you care for leave you standing alone and in-shame.

• He
    HekI98 Apr 23, 2010

Youthology Scam-- The company does not accept returns after the first 30 days on any future shipments...Beware!!! If you pass the first 30 days, and you do not cancell your future shipments, Youthology does not accept returns on any further shipments. They will not credit you anything!!!I have never heard of a company that has this type of business policy... Buyer beware, if you do not like the product you must cancell within the first 30 days, or you will be billed and shipped more product that you dont want. Very unfair to the consumer on their products..

• Ca
    cando carrillo Mar 18, 2010

I order the eye wrinkle remover to try it out and 1 month later they charged me again. and then thy were supposed to send me the product again but i never got it.
    in the first shipment there were 2 sticks supposedly filed up with the serum but 1 was about 1/4 filed and the other one was completely empty.
    DON'T THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY. YOUTHOLOGY IS A SCAM

• Ve
    verja25 Jan 24, 2010

I absolutely agree this company product is nothing but a scam; the product does not stay eight hours as their advertising claims, in fact after half hour it peels off. In addition, (every time you call you will be on hold at least 5 minutes) DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, after they charged my credit card for $49.98 I received the product with a bill for double the money, I called and asked them to cancel my subscription as I argued about their misleading advertising and asked to speak with the manager, they put me on hold indefinitely and finally got disconnected. A few days later they charged my card with a second charge of $39.99 and then fifteen days later they charged my card again for $49.98. I immediately called again and asked them to refund and stop any shipment but they said they were not able to stop the shipment or refund the money so I asked to speak to the manager and they put me on hold indefinitely again so I never got to speak to a manager, I found out later that the shipment went out the next day so that means they could have easily stop shipment and refunded the money but they chose not to do so. They also claiming they never received cancellation notice from me. I am still dealing with them in trying to get my money refunded.

V.J. D.
    Florida

• Ta
    Takenbydisception Jan 23, 2010

They neglected to say it was 2 payments of $39.99. They went to charge my charge card and it had expired. I had refused the product and have receipts to back up. They turned ME over to collections for non payment of a product I do not have and have not refunded my money. When contacted them they just send a generic e-mail thaey will contact you in 5-7 buisness days and never bother. They are not an ethical company to do business with. I am writting consumer protection and taking them and thier collection lawyer to small claims court for refund and damages.

Anni Ruth Dec 15, 2009

Your comments of deceptive ording is correct. I expected "ONE" item to try for free and upon delivery, there was two vials of Youthology. Deceptive in promoting this product claiming a 30 day trial. Well with normal delivery, you end up with at least 12-15 days of trying the product before being billed for the "extra" vial mailed with the sample. Now if you try and contact them by phone, forget it. I waited over a half hour only to finally hand up and use the on-line customer service complaint line. In all this product and their commericals as with all televised sales is nothing but a scam.

• Ke
    kenalop Nov 19, 2009

Youthology is definitely a scam to get your credit card number so that they can continue to add charges for their useless product. I suggest that people who have been scammed go to the Better Business bureau website to file complaints also. This company is accredited by the BBB. I have told BBB they should check the internet to see all of the complaints against Youthology.

• Mj
    mjns Oct 29, 2009

I ordered Youthology for my mother over a month ago I still did not receive it .I've been tring to call the company and all i get is a bussy tone or I am put on hold for the longest time by their stupid machine until I give up and hung up. I have been now tring to call them for about two weeks with no luck. To top it off the charges are already put on my credidt card . so now I have no product and I have this bill to pay. i will continue to call them . I WILL NEVER AGAIN PURCHASE SOMETHING THAT IS ON TV. I THINK YOUTHOLOGY IS SCAMMING PEOPLE.

janmichelle Oct 28, 2009

I ordered Youthology and I have been tring to return the unused portion back for a full refund as promised. They require you to get a return order number from them, however I have now spent three hours trying to get through to this company and no one ever answers. The product does not work well and is drying to the skin. I also emailed them about my concern, however their email contact page does not have a plece for you to put the state in the address line. I have alerted my credit card company, and PRAY that I am able to return this product with no further problems. I don't know how I can do that, however, since there is no way to get through to them with the number they provided!

• Xz
    xzz Oct 16, 2009

I just spent 25 minutes on hold waiting to speak with a rep so I could return the second shipment of the product. That was after calling repeatedly and getting a busy signal. I wasnt aware of the auto shipments, and I take responsibility for not reading the fine print correctly. I was told that the second shipment could not be returned or refunded, only the first shipment. I mentioned the money back gaurantee that was on the web site, and again was told that was only for the first shipment. What a scam. I've contacted my credit card company, and am disputing the charges. Lesson learned. Research before you buy. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

• Sh
    S. H. Sep 19, 2009

I ordered the eye serum too. It did not work for me either. I called to get an RA# to return it and was talked into trying it one more time. When I tried to call back I kept getting a busy signal. I tried for days and the same kept happening. I went on line and got an auto email saying they would get back to me in 5 to 7 days. Again I tried to call and still got a busy signal. I borrowed my nephews phone and called and got right through. While I was on hold I tried again with my phone and still got a busy signal. I believe the have a way of blocking your number when you have already called in once to return the product. I did get an RA# and am sending it back today. Hope I get my refund and no more charges.

• Fr
    Frustratedyouthologyuser00 Sep 01, 2009

My husband purchased Youthology. Of course, it didn't work. It's basically egg white! Anyways, he was led to purchase a 2 months supply. Our credit was already charged. When i called to complain, the representative said that since we purchased the 2 mos supply, we had 30 days to return.

Did you realize that you cannot return the items unless you get an authorization number by calling, [protected]. And guess what? I called twice in the morning and twice in the evening. Each time, I literally waited, listening to their stupid adverstisement, for over 30 minutes. PLEASE!!! I have a job! As of yet...I have not received an authorization number. On the return process, it says we MUST have this authorization number to return or else the return would not be valid! What a way of scamming people. They keep you waiting on the phone, knowing how frustrated you'd be after listening to their scam for over 30 minutes.

What are we as CONSUMERS to do????!!! Report this to the news!!!?????????????

• Fe
    FedUpNY Jul 08, 2009

I wish I did my homework before I ordered this stuff. I guess the first time I saw the informercial was the night after someone told me I looked 5 years older than I was because of my eyes. I was feeling down and they prey on that.

But why didn't you just dispute it on your card? I decided to cancel it the night after I bought it after reading complaints about it online. I did not pay the extra $20 for the expedited shipping but they claimed to ship it already anyway. They claim 1-2 weeks to ship otherwise. Scam alert right there. They gave me a fake tracking number as well. The package did not exist. They did not mail it yet. I told my amex all about this right away. The customer service rep told me if i disputed the charge they would send collections on me. This is also common of scammers and is called the scare tactic. I have run across only one other person who said that exact line to me in my life and they were also a scammer. I should have learned my lesson then. Anyhow I politely told the representative that it is my right to dispute any charges I want. I do hope they call collections on me for my dispute as I would love to make some money off of them and sue them like I did to Bally's total fitness :).

Youthology sucks!

If anyone else has a problem with them dispute the charges. I did and won. The did not get one cent of the money they tried to steal from me.

Jo Tallerico Jun 25, 2009

Youthology needs to be shut down before the rip-off soneone else.

Jo Tallerico Jun 25, 2009

I tried the product and it is worthless!!! I am returning it for a refund of my purchase price, but I am out all the shipping costs, so it isn't totally risk free as advertized.

• 1s
    1SXYSGT Apr 30, 2009

DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT. THIS IS A SCAM, THEY WILL SEND YOU "CONTINUOUS" WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT. Their customer sevice also leaves a lot to b desired. I spoke with Laura on 4/30 she is a supervisor and seems to be the only one that wants to help. She authorized me to send the product back and gave me an authorization number. I will keep you abreast of my future dealings and unauthorized charges from Youthology.

• Ta
    Tayra Nov 15, 2008

Hi Aimen,
    Were you able to resolve this? My mom and grandma wanted me to purchase this for them, but I came here to verify any complaint and see yours.
    I will appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks