Menu
Youthology Research Institute
reviews & complaints

Youthology Research Institute
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

15 complaints
14 resolved 1 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Youthology Research Institute. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Youthology Research Institute - unauthorized shipping and billing

In January I ordered, received and paid (Mastercard) for some eye product. The product was not as advertised. On or about March 19, 2011 I received an un ordered box of eye product and it was charged (unauthorized) to my Mastercard. I have tried phoning the company several times but am left on "Hold". I contacted Mastercard and they are instituting a...

P
3:48 am

Youthology Research Institute - eye wrinkle cream

As with all the others on this site and others I have investigated, youthology is a scam!! I never completed my order and was told I did, withing one day of finding the charges on my account I called and made a complaint. I was told the same bs as everyone else who is complaining. This is no $39.99 bargain. It is $99.00 by the time they get all the charge...

P
1:27 pm

Youthology Research Institute - Scam

Recently order the Youthology Eye serum kit. Paid $49.98 and in lieu of returning the item was offered to keep it for a $13.00 refund. I accepted because I was aggravated and did not want to fool with it any longer.

The product worked some...for about 90 seconds, just long enough to take the pictures in the ads! Actually, did very little for the bags under the eye.

Should have known... If it sounds (or looks) to good to be true, it usually is! Will I never learn! You'd think someone old enough to have wrinkles would know it took years to get them, how could you rid yourself of them in 90 seconds!

G
Oct 30, 2009 10:57 am

I ordered my friend the product for a birthday gift. I received the product and she did not like the way it felt on her skin it burned. I tried to cancel the order but stayed on the line for 45 minutes and kept getting their audio from their TV comercial. over and over and over. No one ever picked up the line. I now see my new order on my visa card well it won't happen again since I closed the card ha ha youthology you will be reported to the Attorney General consumer protection for the STATE of TEXAS and I will file a complaint with them about your product and now answers to my email to cancel.

J
Nov 24, 2009 10:57 am

Product does not work as advertized, and they do not honor money back guarantee, as they make it impossible to return. How to Cancel and get your money Back. File a complaint with the beter business bureau. But First call the customer service number, use a cell phone so you can prove it, however you will use up all your minutes, as they will never answer. Also send emails, they won't respond, but you will need proof to dispute with your credit card. After you contact the BBB, and file a complaint, the BBB will respond with the info to return the product.

O
Dec 28, 2009 10:57 am

They will only give you a refund after your initial 30 days not on any other order, and when you call to cancel they leave you on hold for 55 minutes and then tell you that you have to call back because you are not in the comptuer yet. Scam Scam Scam calling Amex to cancel payment and refusing the shipment. Hopefully other people will heed the warning of not buying this garbage that makes you feel like you have plastic pulling on the skin under your eyes. I wish I would have read reviews before I ordered this product.

Youthology Research Institute - cosmetics

I ordered the product. It did not work. I followed procedures to cancel order but still received a second package. I returned the package by marking the box "return to sender". They have charged my credit card. I called and talked to a very rude employee. When asked to speak to a manager, I was put on hold for a very long time, then told I would be told the same thing the very rude employee had just told me. No credit for product I return which he said never made it back to them. I was told the Post Office destroys perishable packages. They said they could send me out another package but would not be charged. They he said I would have to pay for shipping. This is NOT a customer friendly company.

Youthology Research Institute - Charging Without Owing

Dear Madam/Sir, I received a letter from Youthology Research Institute where it says that i will be referred to collection agency. I don't understand the reason why because i didn't owe any money, and it says in the letter that I owe $39.99. I have never ordered any product from this company, and when I try to contact them it is nearly impossible to get off hold. Also they charged my bank, and my bank investigated it and they returned my money from all times that they have charged me, but they keep sending letters to me saying that I owe an amount of money. Hopefully you can clarify this matter.

Victor Bracamonte

View 0 more photos

Youthology Research Institute - sent 2nd order w/o auth

I ordered the product in Novermber 2009 and told the individual that I didn't want automatic delivery and she told me that I would have to wait until I got my 1st order and then call and cancel any subsequent orders.

After receiving the product, I called and told them to stop any future orders and I followed it up with an email stating the same.

We went on vacation for the month of December and when we return all was well until today, January 20, 2010 when I received another shipment (automatic shipment)
I immediately called and was told they had neither any record of my phone call or email! I told her I did not want the product and wanted to return the UNOPENED package and she said I couldn't do that. I am now in the process of handling this with my credit card company and the better business bureau.

Why can"t someone return something they didn't order?

O
1:42 pm

Youthology Research Institute - Predatory marketing

My mom ordered Youthology after seeing an ad on television. She tried the product and it does not work. She asked me to help her return the product. When I called, I was informed that she was outside of the return period and that another shipment was on its way, of which she would not be allowed to return for a refund. They told me she was informed when ordering the product that they do not allow refunds on products once shipped on subsequent orders regardless if the product is unopened. My mom doesnt recall anyone explaining that to her. I asked them to speak to a superior to find out if this policy could be changed on two separate occasions and was told no.

Although the company has canceled future shipments, I do believe that they are marketing to older women in a predatory manner as their target demographic are older women, such as my mother, who might not be quite savvy enough to follow all of Youthologys small print in order to protect themselves in the event the product doesnt work for them.

S
Feb 06, 2011 10:57 am

I'm so glad I fought my impulse to order by phone. I got caught in one of these scams last summer where it said first month free with $0.99 s&h and just cancel second month if not happy. The company (vitamins) charged my credit card the $0.99 immediately and a few days later when I checked my credit card there was already a $98.00 charge from them, At a friend's suggestion I immediately called my credit card company and had them change my number which stopped future charges from them and then filed a fraud claim with them. They gave the company 30 days to respond to my claim and when they didn't, my card was credited with the $98.00. The credit card company told me the charge came from a "fast food" store in Florida I hope this helps some of you caught by this anti aging scam. I'm 68 and I guess I'll stick with known products!

T
Aug 26, 2010 10:57 am

I just ordered the product and I told them I did not want the auto ship ment and that I only wanted the
one month they had advertised on the TV promo...they said no problem and if I wanted to get it at a later
time AFTER I try the product to see if it will work I can order additional shipments...so my credit card is
only getting charged the $39.99 plus 9.99 shipping...and if I try and do not see any results I can still get
my money back within the 30 days..I have been burned before on these auto ships so a person wanting to
try a product just needs to tell the company no auto ships...will see if the product works and will let everyone
know that is interested what I thought...it may be a good product..

N
Feb 06, 2010 10:57 am

Wow, I was actually about to order this for my mom, and came across this site, and I thank you all for your testimonies, because I will not be getting this for her. What a scam. How can they do this? How is it that they're able to get away with this, for so long?

To youthologie people... I hope you go bankrupt, and get legal action taken against you.

Youthology Research Institute - eye serum does,nt come out of the bottle

I ordered your youthology eye serum & Clinical Essentials & 90 - second lip-line smoother, picked it up Dec. 23 rd. I was so excited that it arrived before New Years Eve, because I could, nt wait to go to our big party! Getting ready for our party, showered washed my wash and first tried the 90 second lip smoother and it worked fantastic, next, eye serum, I...

12:54 pm

Youthology Research Institute - Unauthorized Charges

Entered my credit card info, but paused to look at online reviews before pressing Submit. HORRIBLE reviews all over the internet. Thank goodness I didn't press Submit!...But THEY CHARGED ME ANYWAY! and refused to refund my money.
No confirmation of purchase email either...because I didn't press Submit.
But 2 days later, I got an email saying product was shipped! I refused shipment & contacted them immediately. Took them several days to respond, & they just said that I did order it and that it couldn't be refunded, but that they would cancel the future shipments & charges.
But, THEY TRIED TO CHARGE MY ACCOUNT AGAIN!
Total scammers and thieves. Run, don't walk away from this company!

Hide full review

I doubt it since they are from different locations and posted at different times.

0 0

Irish and Louis look at this.

He had the exact same problem, not pressing submit getting email two day later.

0 0

Actually I don't think that Irish is taking it out on KYCustomer45 she can be helpful sometimes. However other people have had the same problem.

S
9:48 pm

Youthology Research Institute - collections

I have been using Youthology eye serum for about a year. I have experienced moderately good results. Nothing spectacular, but I chose to continue to receive the product. In August 2009 my debit card expired. I received an email from Youthology stating that they had tried to charge the expired debit card but with no success. I contacted Youthology, gave them my new debit card number, they debited my account and I continued to receive shipments of the product. Then another email arrived saying that they could not recieve payment for the expired debit card. I called them again, was told that the billing dept probably had overlooked my payment and was told not to worry about it. Then I received another email stating that Youthology was going to send me to collections if they did not receive payment. I tried repeatedly to call them but was put on hold for sometimes over an hour! Meanwhile they continued to debit my account via the new debit card. Today I received a collection letter from an attorney! They have been receiving payments all along but as soon as I can get ahold of Youthology they are going to lose me as a customer. I no longer want to do business with them.

J
1:16 pm

Youthology Research Institute - Scammers

Was interested in this product, went to their website and I wanted to see what my total would be. Put in the information and "NEVER HIT THE PLACE ORDER BUTTON". In the next 2 days I see that they have charged my credit card. I called and complained and they didn't give a crap. Then asked for an RMA and they wouldn't give one because I needed to wait 10 days, then they said that once "THEY ALLOWED" me to get an RMA that it would be 2 weeks after that to get my money. Also, you are only allowed a certain # of days to get an RMA before you they charge you additional money...SCAMMERS, SCAM, NOT LEGIT, CHEATERS

How can these people be allowed to do this?

F
1:17 pm

Youthology Research Institute - auto ships and lost canceleation

TV infomercial and phone ordered product was forced to take add ons but don't remember auto matic ships included. smal slip recived with order states Your complete satisfaction is our goal and you have 6 weeks to retun the trial eye serum. noted not the add on products. liked 2 of the add ons but not the mask or the eye serum. just too hard to mix and apply. the container dispences too much serum and you get white flakies or you have to blend the product on the eye area which is never write causing puckering or white flakies. after severl attempts determined to return the product and call 1i/6 to retun and cancel but company said it was past 30 days and couldnt return but canceled account. I am near blind and noticed 6 week retun after hung up. the web site offers a 30 day retun but the tv mercial offered 6 week. recived an auto ship and charged 58 for more serum. returned to post office unopened and retuned to company with retun receipt. called company again and they said there is no record of my previous cancellation call and would have to pay for the shipped suto package even if they got it back becasue all ships are final and no refunds. I recived no such documentation from the phone order and of course the don't have a record of my cancelation. they wont have a record of my second cancelation of the auto ship either. notified my credit card company to refuse further charges but they can't help me on the previous. Don't deal with this company they make it impossible for you to proove anything by not sending you anything to verify, they don't give you a cancelation code and they don't pronounce the name or spell them of who your talking with. The products feel like your shrinking and drying and is not fun for thosew with dry skin as it hurts.

3:44 pm

Youthology Research Institute - Awful and unethical

They are unethical and the product sucks. My story: I was in their infomercial years ago. They said, "Here, just sign this contract...just so we can use your photo - your voice only". I believed them when they said they were only going to use a photo and my voice - no video. They paid me $100 for a voice- over testimonial. They said they would also send me product as compensation. The stuff in the info mercial worked. but they never sent it to me. I had to constantly call to get the product. Finally, after a year they sent me a totally different product from what they used in the infomercial. All it did was just cake and crack and dry my skin out - And it made my wrinkles worse!

Now, for the several years later and for the past 2.5 years, I have had friends telling me that they see VIDEOS of me on the infomercial which I was never paid for. They paid $100 to use a before and after photo. Again, they told me they weren't "filming" me - just using my voice which was a total lie. The product in the infomercial did work but the stuff they are selling is different and it is terrible. I've complained to them about the video use and they basically said "Too bad!" They are using a video of me to sell a product that doesn't work and I just want everyone to know that so that they don't waste their money. They are unethical and the product as it is now sucks. I've heard from another actress the same.

V
Apr 09, 2010 10:57 am

This is a big scam for yoiu money with a product that is just trash. Just keep your money it will save you in the long run.

D

I agree. I ordered youthology in Oct. 2010 and it leaves white patches around my eyes and does not erase the crows feet at ALL. After canceling via email I was told that because they signed me up for auto payments- I needed 60 days for a cancellation and they give NO refunds once the product is mailed out. They will not take back the order even though they sent it after I canceled. I have filed with the Better Business Bureau and recommend that everyone else do the same. There are over 349 BBB reports on line and they are the ones that offered some sort of settlement. This company is fraudulent.

E
Mar 01, 2010 10:57 am

I also am very very very disappointed with the product. Yes this product does suck!
Not only I’m disappointed, they also keep sending me the product for the second time now, and charging me, saying that I didn’t read the lines saying that I signed the contract “Customer Monthly Auto-shipment Program” I never agreed to that. They will not refund my money or even accept a return. and they refuse to send a refund.
i strongly DO NOT RECOMEND THE PRODUCTS OR ANY CONTACT WITH THIS COMPANY.

C
Dec 28, 2009 10:57 am

My mother received Youthology eye serum. She is 86 years old and has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. We immediately took the package back to the post office marked refused and return to sender. We contacted the company to remove charges, and cease contact and further mailings. We were told that because we did not put a designated code on the package the charges remain. I have contacted the Attorney General to report elder abuse through shoddy business practices. Youthology has absolutely no regard for customer satisfaction. Buyer beware of these unethical scam artists.

Dec 02, 2009 10:57 am

The article and photos are meaningless as far as I'm concerned.

I have seen this woman's before and after associated with numerous products all over the net, including her own blog. She's supposedly a Florida resident, but who knows? I don't know her personally. One minute she's advertising Resversatrol and Dermitage, and the next minute it's another product responsible for her "amazing transformation".

I think she's been paid much too much by any number of companies at this point and she wasn't that amazing to begin with.

Linda in Tampa

B
Nov 25, 2009 10:57 am

Yes this product does suck. Also so does there return policy on future orders. They will not refund your money or even accept a return without it costing you money. They even get you went they send you a free cream and to do so you must confirm your complete order by the last 4 digit of your card. Which signs you up for auto reorders, so watch out. There phone line is terrible I tried 5 times in a week to get a hold of them and either they never return my call after saying there audio system would not loose my place in line or after holding for over a hour the line went dead. What a great company. I believe why they can't come to the line is everyone is complaining. What do you think? I'm going to report them to the Better Business Burial. Maybe that will help someone for loosing money like I did.

8:43 am

Youthology Research Institute - Fake cream

This company is selling eye serum which is not working as expected and claims available on their website this is already experienced by many unfortunate customers. I am also one of them, i ordered this product based on the lucrative ads, finally i found majority of the reviews as negative. Immediate i had thought for cancellation of the order and i did...

V
3:56 pm

Youthology Research Institute - Unauthorized charges

I ordered the YOUTHOLOGY product to check it out. I meant to send it back, but had lost the packing slip. One month later, I received a Youthology charge on my bank statement for the same amount, although I had not requested another shipment. I was told, essentially, "tough luck". I had to receive the shipment, pay for the shipping and handling, then pay...

Youthology Research Institute contacts