Yardworks Hose Reel Deluxe Metal Cartbrass connection cracked

C Review updated:

the female brass hose connection on the reel cracked and leaks water
the unit was stored in a heated space durring the winter
the unit has only been used one summer

• St
    Steve Paddon Jun 02, 2020

I have a Yard Works wall mounted hose reel that is about 8 years old. There are two parts that are broken on the inlet side of the reel. One is the opposite end of the hand crank and the other one screws into the water end of the hand crank. I have attached photos of the parts. Looking for ideas of where I can get these replaced.

Comments

Jared C Feb 15, 2018

The way it sounds I also have the same issue. I am going to attach pictures of the fitting. I have looked many place for this part or even thread pitch and design n I'm coming up empty handed. Im not sure how this "formum" works but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    [email protected]

Jared C Feb 15, 2018

@Jared C Attempted to load pics twice no go for some reason

• St
    Steve Meyer Oct 31, 2017

I called a customer service number on my instruction booklet [protected] and talked to very helpful young man. The instruction manual didn't have a model number but I explained that I bought the unit in June of 2015 from Menards. In the parts list its is noted as B-1, Axel Shaft. He recognized the part immediately saying that it was a common issue. He told me I could order the part for $25.00, and he would send an email to me with a link that would allow me to send a secured payment to make the purchase with either credit cards or PayPal. He told me the part had been redesigned to repair the earlier version since it had been such a common problem. So, its either replace the part or put the entire thing into recycling.
    I had also replaced all of the screws, nuts and washers with stainless steel prior to putting the unit outside for the entire summers. I also had to replace one inflatable tire from Harbor Freight due to cracked rotted tread; $6.99. With the stainless and new tire I will continue to limp along until the thing completely fall to rust

• Kk
    kkffjjkkffjj Jan 21, 2021

@Steve Meyer Where did you call specifically? I need the same part.

• Ha
    hammondd Apr 10, 2017

I also have several parts that have cracked, fell office, split from the unit...mine was like $80.00 and yes, I store it in the garage when no longer needed. Very disappointed. I took my receipt and booklet to the store where I bought mine and they couldn't even find the right parts.
    I guess buying a plastic one would have been better, cheaper and more easily replaced cost wise...Any help out there?

• Ba
    Barnabas Aug 06, 2016

Did not take the website address. It is libertygardenproducts.com.

• Ba
    Barnabas Aug 06, 2016

Same problem here on two Yardworks hose reels. I found parts here: . Click on your model and the parts will come up. I've e-mailed Liberty Garden about the problem but no response yet. Should be warranted or replaced without warranty with repeated problems about the same part.

• Bu
    Buzzoff Jul 16, 2016

My swivel is also broken. Why is there no part available that I can find to fix the damn thing. A freakin' $90 hose cart that's junk for lack of a damn glorified nipple? I'll NEVER buy Yardworks junk again. Screw you.

• Fa
    fattdaddy Jun 13, 2016

This issue with the part that the hose fits to seems to be a very taxing issue. Everyone who has written on this has the same issue, just where the heck to we find the proper connection that will fit this unit just like it was new. Since this is a massive mistake on the end of the manufacturer, I fell that someone in management should help us all out by shipping each of us with a brand new; therefore the company will require everyon's shipping address. So, who all would email me their email address and then include this information as a partion so that we can contact the management at Green Works. So, please if everyone could send me your names and email addresses to my email address: [email protected] and I will then put together a petion so that we can get started on this.

Thanks a bunch:
    J. McL.

• Fi
    Fix it man62 Jun 10, 2016

If the block on the reel is still good . My female connection broke off of the block the hole is threaded so clean all of the broken part out and replace it with 3/8 INCH pipe nipple in the hole and cut off hose and connect it with a hose clamp to hold it.

• Fa
    fattdaddy May 12, 2015

I also have this problem. I stored my Yardworks Steel Hose Reel Cart, thinking that I had blown all of the water out of the unit, and behold, when I pulled the unit out yesterday the "Brass Connector" has split completely in half. Now I need to find a new part. I checked at Canadian Tire and found out that a new unit/cart is at a wonderful cost of $159.99 Canadian Funds.
    I have my owner's manual and the amazing parts list, hope that the staff at the local Canadian Tire can help me out and better yet that I still have remaining warranty time as there is a 4 year warranty, wish me luck.

• Tm
    tmax6880 May 23, 2014

I've got the same complaint about the brass connection cracked and fell apart. The hose was stored properly in the winters and has worked fine for three years. Now I have reel parts on the garage floor and I can't find replacement parts to fix it. It's an expensive and shameful way to treat consumers. Is the a site that has these replacement parts?

• Bo
    Bob Mackey May 21, 2013

Customer Service #: [protected]
    Email: [email protected]
    Customer Service is open Monday – Friday from 9am – 4pm PST.

Parts and customer service

• Co
    Could use some help Jan 07, 2013

I have a 2009 yardworks hose reel. Can you tell me if I can get parts for the water inlet at reel. That part looks like brass. Everything else works need help. Mike [email protected]

• Gl
    G Larson Jul 29, 2011

Ditto on my unit also...more junk for the consumer, more money for the CEOS

• Do
    Donnie-boy Jul 02, 2011

My unit is made by Yardworks and the female garden hose connector broke off completely at the cart and the unit is now unusable
    Where can I buy parts to repair my unit
    Donnie-boy

• Do
    Donnie-boy Jul 02, 2011

My unit has broken off completely. The unit is unusable . Where can one get parts to replace the broken or leaking parts?
    The female garden hose connector on the cart is broken off. Its a brass washer with a small threaded extended hole that broke off the washer.
    Donnie-boy