Menu

complaints

Wowcher Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
10 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Wowcher at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Wowcher has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Wowcher. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Wowcher complaints 10

Sort by:

Newest Wowcher complaints

B
9:46 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wowcher Unsatisfactory Experience with Wowcher - Delayed Refund and Misleading Product Condition

Dear Mr. Roland Bryan, Managing Director,

I felt compelled to reach out and share my experience with Wowcher. In my opinion, I cannot help but feel as if I was scammed. I purchased two new office/gaming chairs for Christmas and received them in January, only to find that they were in terrible condition with 8 missing parts. I immediately returned them with the hopes of receiving a refund. Unfortunately, it has been two months and I am still waiting for the promise of a refund.

To add insult to injury, I discovered that the chairs were not new at all. Inside each box, I found Hermes slips that detailed the previous returns from other customers. This left me feeling extremely disappointed and frustrated. I attempted to contact Wowcher's customer service but unfortunately, there is no phone number or valid email address available. I spent hours searching for a way to reach out through Facebook and Whatsapp to no avail.

I truly regret trusting Wowcher with my hard-earned money and will never do so again. I have already shared my unfortunate experience with family and friends and will continue to do so to ensure that they are aware of the potential risks of purchasing from Wowcher.

For your reference, these are the order numbers: [protected] and [protected]. I hope that the necessary actions will be taken to rectify this situation and prevent any future occurrences from happening to others.

Sincerely,

A dissatisfied customer

A
8:20 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wowcher Beware of Wowcher: Poor Quality Products and Unresponsive Customer Service

My experience with Wowcher was less than satisfactory. I had purchased a bed through their website, which turned out to be a pile of poor quality material. The company responsible for the bed, Durest Beds located in Shrewsbury, was equally unhelpful in addressing my concerns. When I had raised my complaint with Wowcher, I was simply advised to communicate with the bed supplier instead. Unfortunately, Durest Beds was highly unresponsive and dismissive of my grievances, and made it clear that they were unwilling to help.

To make matters worse, the advertisement for the bed had promised a 26cm memory foam mattress, but only 1 inch of memory foam was actually present. As a shopper, it is deeply concerning to see that Wowcher did not seem to do its due diligence in vetting the sellers it advertised for. Instead, it appears that Wowcher merely took its commission and hoped for the best. This cavalier attitude is highly disappointing, and leaves consumers like me to deal with the fallout of problematic transactions.

I have since reported both Wowcher and Durest Beds to trading standards, and would highly recommend anyone to avoid using either company in the future. Overall, my experience with Wowcher has left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I would caution others to think carefully before using their services.

V
8:01 am EDT

Wowcher Product Review: "Disappointing Jumper Purchased Through Wowcher

Yesterday, I received the jumper that I purchased through Wowcher, and to say that I'm disappointed is quite an understatement. The product that arrived looks nothing like the image that was advertised on the website. In fact, I would go so far as to say that a child would struggle to fit into it, and the quality is abysmal. Despite being sold as "100% pure wool," it's quite clear that this is not the case. There were no labels indicating material composition, so I'm left in the dark about what this jumper is even made of.

To add insult to injury, one of the arms was a full four inches shorter than the other, making the entire garment unwearable. And let's not forget about the massive band around the bottom of the jumper. It's uneven and poorly sewn, making for an overall sloppy appearance.

When I purchased this jumper, it was advertised for ?40.00. I managed to snag it for ?11.99, but when you tack on ?3.99 for postage, it's not exactly a steal. In fact, I'm left feeling quite ripped off.

Initially, I considered donating the jumper to my local charity shop; after all, I'm a gift aider and always looking for ways to give back. But upon closer inspection, the jumper is so poorly made and unattractive that I don't even think they'd accept it.

Overall, I'm disappointed in both the product and Wowcher for allowing such a low-quality item to be sold under their name. It's a shame that the clothing company who produced this jumper would even think of passing it off as a legitimate product.

Is Wowcher legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board rates Wowcher highly, signaling it as a legitimate option for users seeking reliable services. Despite this endorsement, the 0% resolution rate for complaints about Wowcher raises questions. Diligently reviewing Wowcher's client feedback and resolution practices is recommended for those considering Wowcher's services, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of its legitimacy and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Wowcher earns 81% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: Wowcher near-perfect at 81% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

Wowcher.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Wowcher website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Wowcher.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Wowcher.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Wowcher, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Wowcher as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Several positive reviews for Wowcher have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

Wowcher website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Wowcher's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. The support team lacks customer service skills, training, and resources, resulting in only 0% of 11 complaints being resolved.
E

Wowcher Wowcher's Relentless Spam Emails: A Consumer Warning

When I first heard of Wowcher, I was excited to check it out. I had heard they offered some great deals on a variety of products and experiences. I downloaded the app on my iPhone, and was asked to provide my email address. However, I declined to give it and instead decided to proceed with my Apple ID. It was at this point that the problems began.

Ever since then, I have been bombarded with a relentless stream of unwanted spam emails. I cannot stress enough the sheer volume of spam that I have been receiving from Wowcher. It has become incredibly frustrating to see my inbox cluttered with emails that I did not ask for nor do I have any interest in.

In this day and age, we have data laws that protect us from this kind of thing. I have taken the necessary steps to try and remedy this issue by emailing Wowcher and asking them to remove me from their spam database. Unfortunately, they have ignored every single request that I have made, and there have been dozens. This is unacceptable.

As a consumer, I expect the companies that I use to respect my privacy and follow the rules when it comes to data protection. Wowcher's failure to do so has forced me to escalate this matter to the ICO. It is concerning to me that they are already gathering information about Wowcher for their abject failure to adhere to the laws governing data.

Would I download Wowcher again? The answer to that is a resounding no. The spam emails are one thing, but the fact that they have ignored my requests to stop only serves to show how little they care about their customers. Perhaps they should focus less on bombarding people with unwanted emails, and more on actually delivering on the deals that they promise.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wowcher My Experience with Wowcher: Great Deals, but Beware of Scams and Poor Customer Service

Wowcher.com is a discount shopping website that boasts a variety of impressive offers. However, despite the alluring prices, there are some concerns to keep in mind when making a purchase from this site. While I had a positive experience when buying some photos, I wouldn't blindly trust every deal. In fact, when searching for information about buying cosmetic surgery, I discovered some unsettling Google reviews. Apparently, some people had a less than satisfying experience, with some going so far as to suggest it was a scam.

Another point to consider is that the cheap holidays advertised by Wowcher may not necessarily live up to their promises. It's always advisable to take the time to research before making any purchases, regardless of how tempting the deal appears. It would be very helpful if Wowcher offered a review section where customers could share their feedback, but understandably, this could potentially hurt the company's sales.

Unfortunately, another downside of using Wowcher is their nonexistent customer service. If something does go wrong with your purchase, good luck trying to get a refund, which is rarely possible with the vast majority of deals on offer. Given this, it's not surprising that some people are hesitant to make purchases from Wowcher in the first place.

Overall, while Wowcher may offer some fantastic deals, it's hard to fully trust the site. With mixed reviews and a lack of customer service, it's essential to tread carefully when considering purchasing anything from them. So, if you do decide to buy something, make sure you do your research beforehand and read the reviews of those who came before you.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wowcher Wowcher Review: Low-Quality Products, Disappointing Experiences, and Shoddy Vendors - Approach With Caution

When it comes to online shopping, it's always important to do your research before committing to a purchase. Unfortunately for those who have had dealings with Wowcher and their associated vendors, the experience has been less than satisfactory.

One of the main issues with Wowcher is the quality of the products they offer. Many customers have reported receiving items that appear to be nothing more than cheaply-made, poor quality knock-offs. Instead of receiving the great deal they were promised, they end up with something that they could have found for a lower price elsewhere.

Similarly, the experiences offered through Wowcher have left much to be desired. Customers complain of poorly organized events, inexperienced staff, and a lack of attention to detail. Rather than feeling like they're getting a great deal, they feel like they've wasted their time and money on something that was not worth it.

To make matters worse, the vendors associated with Wowcher seem to be of a similarly low caliber. Many have shoddy websites or no real online presence at all, leaving customers confused and uncertain about the legitimacy of the businesses they're buying from.

It's clear that something needs to be done to address the issues with Wowcher and their vendors. While it may be tempting to give them a zero-star rating, unfortunately that's not an option. Instead, perhaps we should be advocating for stricter business licensing regulations in the UK to prevent companies like this from setting up shop in the first place.

Overall, it's important to approach deals offered through Wowcher with caution. While there may be some good bargains to be found, there's also a high risk of disappointment and dissatisfaction. Until these issues are addressed, it may be best to take your business elsewhere.

P
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wowcher Wowcher.com Review: Great savings, poor customer service and lack of empathy

!

I have been using wowcher.com for my voucher purchases for a number of years now and have had some truly wonderful experiences! I have saved money on everything from spa days to dining out and have always felt like I was getting excellent value for my money. That said, I have recently had an extremely disappointing experience when it comes to the customer service that is provided by Wowcher.

Unfortunately, my husband has been struggling with cancer and has been undergoing treatment for quite some time now. In the midst of all of this, we were given some vouchers as a gift by his son. Unfortunately, due to the impact of the treatment, we were unable to activate the vouchers in time before they had expired. When I reached out to the customer service team, hoping to extend the vouchers so that we could still use them, I was shocked by their response. They simply told me that the vouchers had expired and offered no flexibility when it came to extending them. Additionally, their tone was uncaring and disinterested, which made the whole situation even more disappointing.

To be quite honest, I feel like the situation could have been handled with much more tact and sensitivity. Given my husband's health struggles, it would have been a really lovely treat for him to be able to use those vouchers, but instead, we were left feeling undervalued and unheard. Overall, I can't say that I would recommend Wowcher anymore. While they do offer great deals and savings, their lack of empathy and poor customer service means that I will be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wowcher Disappointing Experience with Wowcher: Lack of Customer Service and Communication

Recently, I had a less than satisfactory experience with Wowcher - a popular online deals and discount marketplace. I was searching for a large garden storage bin and came across a great deal on the Wowcher website. Without hesitation, I purchased the voucher and submitted it to the vendor. Initially, the sale was confirmed, and I was looking forward to receiving my new storage unit.

Unfortunately, my excitement was short-lived as the vendor cancelled the sale a day later, stating that the goods could not be couriered to my address. This was frustrating and disappointing news, especially since I had already made plans to use the new storage bin. I contacted Wowcher's customer service team, expecting some sort of help or resolution to the problem.

Shockingly, Wowcher's response to my complaint was unimpressive. They offered me double the value of more Wowchers as a way to compensate for the inconvenience caused. However, at this point, I had lost faith in the company, and all I wanted was a refund. Despite my repeated requests, they were not forthcoming. As a result, I decided to invoke the dispute procedure with my bank, which helped me claw the money back.

It's clear that there was a significant disconnect between the customer and the vendor providing the goods. What's more, Wowcher did nothing to establish if such problems existed before taking my money. This has left me feeling frustrated, disappointed and doubtful of their business practices. While I can appreciate Wowcher's middle-man business model, there are still unacceptable flaws, and their communications and website feedback mechanism proved to be below par when the transaction did not go smoothly.

In conclusion, I will not be using Wowcher again. While their deals may be enticing, my experience suggests that there are significant risks involved. I would recommend that Wowcher needs to improve its customer service and communication if they hope to keep customers happy and loyal. As for me, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wowcher Wowcher Review: Frustrating Delivery Delay from Merchant Hunndo-P for Oversized Blanket Hoodie Purchase

I recently purchased an Oversized Blanket Hoodie from Wowcher's website, specifically from Merchant Hunndo-P. I was excited to receive my purchase and eagerly awaited its arrival. However, after redeeming my voucher on October 18th and paying a delivery fee of ?4.99, the estimated delivery date of October 27th came and went without any sign of my package.

I tried to contact the merchant directly, but their website redirected me to Wowcher's customer service. Frustrated at the delay, I finally reached out to Wowcher via WhatsApp on October 28th to inquire about my order. They promptly responded and emailed the merchant on my behalf.

It wasn't until November 3rd that I received an email from the merchant stating that my package had been processed and would now be arriving on November 8th. This came as a disappointment, as it was revealed that the merchant had not processed my order on the promised delivery date of October 27th. Apparently, it took an email from Steve at Wowcher to prompt the merchant into action.

To make matters worse, the Oversized Blanket Hoodie was intended as a gift for my daughter's birthday. The delay has caused her special day to come and go without her gift, and I am now out of pocket by ?19.99 plus the ?4.99 for postage, having waited over a month for this item.

After speaking to Wowcher once again today, they have indicated that they will need to send yet another email to the merchant, and it will take an additional 48/72 hours for a response. At this point, I simply want a refund for my purchase. Overall, the experience has been frustrating and disappointing, and I would hesitate to order from this merchant again.

J

Wowcher Beware of Wowcher.com - disappointing products and customer service

Wowcher.com offers a variety of deals and bargains to its customers, but unfortunately, my recent experience with them has left me feeling disappointed. In the hopes of adding some charm to my garden, I purchased four Moroccan garden lights at a price of ?68, which included an additional cost of ?8 for post and packaging. The product looked phenomenal in the picture, and I was eager to see how it would light up my garden.

However, when the product finally arrived five weeks later, I was extremely disappointed. The bulbs were much smaller than I had anticipated, and the lights were not suitable for my garden. After making the difficult decision to return the items, I requested a refund of ?60, which should have covered the cost of the product, as well as the additional ?8 I spent on returning it.

Sadly, my journey to receive a refund was far from smooth. I had the misfortune of dealing with four separate representatives, each of whom had a different opinion about whether I was entitled to a refund. Ultimately, Jasper, the latest representative I communicated with, informed me that I had exceeded the 30-day limit for returns, and according to European law, I was only eligible to receive a Wowcher credit refund worth ?33.

I must admit, I was left feeling frustrated when my attempts to contact the company went unanswered. After all, I had spent a significant sum of money on the product, only to be let down by the quality of the item. To make matters worse, it was going to cost me ?60 to pursue the matter in small claims court, which was not an appealing prospect.

I believe in standing up for what is right, so I decided to take the legal route, even if it meant not getting my money back. In the interest of keeping things fair and transparent, I want to share my experience with potential Wowcher shoppers: I strongly recommend bypassing this company, as they do not seem to be cooperative when it comes to product returns or customer service.

Read full review of Wowcher and 1 comment