Wood PartnersNightmare

L

To make a long story short I saw the tribecca site at the branch avenue station and I decided to take a look at the sales office. I was impressed by the floor plans and the pictures that I was shown so I decided to bring my parents along with me on a Saturday to possibly sign a contract. we met with the staff who was most accomodating and we signed a contract for move in February 2008. I was ecstatic because this was my first home. I was told that I would need to pay 4425 for th earnest deposit and if my pre-approval went through I would be good to go. well I submitted my preapproval information and I was prequalified using undcocumented income ( my parents agreed to give me 1200$ a month to help me qualify, this was less restrictive for them then co-signing). well I was pre-qualified and I thought everything was fine. This was January 2007. Well in May 2007 I decided to submit my information for the final approval. I was told that the man tha had originally qualified me was no longer on the site and they had a new rep. The rep told me that I did not qualify after he saw my information and that undocumented income was no longer allowed and he told me to get a cosigner. well I could not find a cosigner and after attempts to get my own loan elsewhere I decided to write a letter in November 07 to the wood partners stating that I could not obtain financing and there response was that I was in default of my contract and I owed them another 4425. they never offered to help me obtain financing or anything. I am due to settle in February and I still cannot find financing. and to top things off, I decided to call them 1/28/08 and ask about my settelement date for February '08 and they told me that it would be a while before I settled. I thought it was very irresponsible on their part to not inform me that the unit was not even ready because they didn't even know whether I had obtained financing or not. what a great experience for a first time homebuyer!