[Resolved] Waste Management [WM]overcharge and unprofessional staff

A Aug 17, 2018

Waste management has one of the most confusing and unorganized billing statements I've ever handled but I understand when I am being overcharged for a service that I did not request. I called WM in April to ask for a correction and refund (my bill was on auto-pay) and the representative agreed to make the adjustments. Fast forward a couple weeks later and I still don't see the credit to my account so I call again and this new representative told me that no previous call mentioning a credit was noted. I do have the proof of this 1hr+ call on my phone statement so this shows the unprofessional manner in which their representatives treat and disregard their customers. I ask this representative for the credit and refund which she then states was unwarranted and thus not approved. I went through the bill with her and even stated the facts but without consulting anyone she stated that a credit was still not justified and that "she did not understand why I was fighting for this credit." Why would I not fight when I was incorrectly charged?

There was no other option for me but to dispute it with my credit card company. I received notice that my dispute has been ruled in my favor after I presented the supporting documents to my credit card company. A few days later I received in the mail a letter from WM stating that they received notice of the chargeback from my credit card company and that they will adjust it on my account but they would be disputing it without any statement from us, their "valued customer." This also "may result in an open and/or past due invoice" - which happened just yesterday. I received the screenshotted email attached below stating that my service has been cancelled due to this outstanding balance and I must pay this overcharge or face collection efforts with an agency or attorney. They also cancelled my auto-pay and paperless billing for my other account with them without authorization. I'm not sure why they are being so unprofessional and not listening to their "valued customers" actual concerns. I tried to utilize their chat system on their website but looks like its only available for 1 minute M-F? I thought it was a joke but every day so far I've checked and it still stated their chat is available only from 7am to 7:01am M-F. Shows how much they want to listen to their customers concerns.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Aug 24, 2018

Hi, Thank you for reaching out, I am so sorry to hear this. Please send your address to [email protected] (subject Complaints Board) and we will be happy to look into this right away. thank you ^tw

• Resolution Statement