Menu
Walkfit Platinum
reviews & complaints

Walkfit Platinum
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

35 complaints
18 resolved 17 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Walkfit Platinum. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
2:09 pm EST

Walkfit Platinum - Unethical business practices

I ordered the walkfit orthodic product. Customer service was poor, but the product was acceptable when finally received. However during the order process, I elected a 'free' gift for joint support formula. As is typical with these types of 'internet free gifts', the free gift triggered an online 'subscription', whereby the company continues to send product and bill your credit card for the charges.

This company's business practices are unethical. Once I triggered this free gift, I could not get Customer Service by phone to cancel the subscription. Nor could I get them to provide the order information or terms that or copies of any commitments I made authorizing these transactions. Supervisors supposedly exist, but are 'unavailable' and unable to return calls. I tried repeatedly, calling on the hour for 6 hours straight.

The sad part of all of this, is that their core product is actually decent. Their sideline is however how they apparently make revenue and their business practices are very unsavory.

7:51 am EST

Walkfit Platinum - Do not order from them

Do NOT order walkfit inserts/orthotics from WALKFIT, LLC www.walkfit.com (website)...located in Rancho Cusamonga, CA. they are the manufacturers of walkfit orthotics inserts (a great product by the way). I placed the order, entered my credit info, etc...expected to see the final invoice page for the grand total (shipping, tax, etc). Well, there wasn't one. There was no email with invoice. The next morning, I had a charge for $89.60 on my checking account (the inserts are only $20 each, I ordered 2) and no idea why until I got the package and found out they charged me $29.80 shipping for a package that totaled ONE OUNCE in weight! It's only costing me 4.80 to send the order back PRIORITY for a refund but, of course, there is no refund on shipping :( what a ripoff! I have written and called with no response. I'm filing a complaint with the BBB...they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this. They are making an additional $25.00 on every order that won't be refunded!

I
6:17 am EST

Walkfit Platinum - Stay away from them

Do NOT order walkfit inserts/orthotics from WALKFIT, LLC www.walkfit.com (website)...located in Rancho Cusamonga, CA. they are the manufacturers of walkfit orthotics shoe

inserts(a great product by the way)

You can buy them at Target without the extra costs!

I placed the order, entered my credit info, etc...expected to see the final invoice page for the grand total (shipping, tax, etc). Well, it never came. The next morning, I had a charge for $89.60 on my checking account (the inserts are only $20 each, I ordered 2) and no idea why until I got the package and found out they charged me $29.80 shipping for a package that totaled ONE OUNCE in weight! It's only costing me 4.80 to send the order back PRIORITY for a refund but, of course, there is no refund on shipping :( what a ripoff! I have written and called with no response. I'm filing a complaint with the BBB...they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this. They are making an additional $25.00 on every order that won't be refunded!

1 comment
Oct 19, 2009 3:52 pm EDT

After trying the Walkfit insoles and determining they weren't acceptable, I followed the return instructions for my "100 percent guaranteed refund". After waiting for months, I called the company and they said they never received the return package. I mailed it just as instructed and I have no way to prove they received it or not.
It's a bogus company-I wish I would have read the complaintsboard before ever ordering! They give you a free gift of foot lotion that looks full size in the picture but when you get it it's tiny. Don't buy from this company!

4:38 am EST

Walkfit Platinum - Scam

I received product from Walkfit even though I did not order anything and they have now charged by debit card. I will now have to make several long distance phones calls to try and get the funds returned to my checking account.

I previously ordered some insoles to put in my shoes and this is how they managed to get my debit card number. I recommend to any customer, not to give out your credit or debit card number as you will probably be receiving items in the mail that you did not order.

Am not happy with this company and will not order anything again.

3:31 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Please! save yourself some trouble and hard earned money: DO NOT ORDER WALKFIT PRODUCTS. When you place an order for the WalkFit product as advertised on TV for $19.95 it will be placed through an automated system which will tell you you'll be receiving some supplement pills (Joint Support Formula a $39.99 value). As it is automated you have no choice but...

2:23 pm EDT

Walkfit Platinum - Overcharging

Walkfit posts a price on the website and when you order they change the price and overcharged my credit card almost double. When I filed a complaint their service agents gave me a big ### runaround and would not cancel my order. They also charged $9.95 for a fast ship, which I did not request and tacked on an additional $39.95 shipping and handling charge which was in addition to their $9.95 shipping charge for each item. They are theives and will not work with you to make things right. They know that credit card companies will give you a hard time to file a dispute and will hang up the phone on you. Do not deal with this company. The orthotics are very cheaply made and are not worth anything and do not work. Use caution...

6:33 pm EDT

Walkfit Platinum - Overcharged and no communiction

WalkFit overcharged me by $9.95. I authorized them to charge me $19.95 for the product and $9.95 for shipping. They charged me $19.95 for the product and $19.90 for shipping. I sent them an email on March 21, 2009 requesting a refund and despite there autoreply email stating that they would respond within 48 to 72 hours I have not had a response in 4 months.

V

I ordered and never received product but they took my money. 20+emails and 2 snail mail letters and NO REFUND yet. It's been 3+ months.

Oct 04, 2009 3:54 pm EDT

walk fit over charged me by about $60. i returned the entire thing when it got here and am still waiting on my reimbursement. it has been nearly 3 months now and the people at customer service are rude and not at all helpful. i'm severly pissed off

S
Sep 21, 2009 2:53 pm EDT

Likewise, I ordered the walkfit and was charged a additional $24.85 for rush shipping. I no for a fact that I did no order them rush shipping. Of course when I called and asked if I sent them back would my $24.85 be returned and was told no, only the cost of the cushions would be refunded. I am quite livid about this rip off. I did not authorize this amount.

D
5:32 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Walkfit Ripped Me Off of $44.85 on 11-24-2008 and an email from Walkfit Verifying their Treachery is included. Walkfit is apparently in business to rip people off; But, is this the idea of the creator of the product or of a money grubbing underling? We many never really know the truth to that question. I was ripped off for $44.85 so I of course sent...

G
12:47 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered walkfit insole online after I saw it on TV. I got my order like 3-4 weeks after the ordering. I was charged 29.99 total, which is right. then next month, I saw my credit card is charged again of $44.85. i called walkfit, they say it is the joint formula that came in with the package. so I went back to try the ordering process, and realized that it...

1:29 pm EST

Walkfit Platinum - Terrible experience

I ordered 3 Walkfits in August and my order was missing one set. I have not been able to get the other set and it is now November. I can never talk with the same person twice nor can I get the same service center twice. It is very difficult to understand many or the people at the centers and I am always getting cut off and have to start over again with another call.

My account was charged the full amount for the 3 pairs along with outrageous shipping on all 3 pairs. They do not want to reimburse me for the missing pair and yet they have not sent it either.

Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm EST

Why is it this company is able to repeatedly get away with cheating and outright stealing peoples money?

Jul 28, 2009 12:21 pm EDT

They scammed me, too. I returned the entire box of "stuff" for a refund and have not heard back from them one month later. They made an unauthorized charge to my AMEX card the same day that they received my returned package. This is a criminal-acting group of scam artists and I will have to fight them, I suppose. They also charged an outrageous amount for their shipping charges to me (including "processing charges") and I did NOT request express shipping.

May 26, 2009 6:19 pm EDT

I had a similar experience, I ordered just the insoles and did not order anything else. My charge was $ 39.85
When the order came it had some sample bottles in it and I set them aside and do not use the additional lotions.
A month later a package arrives again from Walkfit and I call the company that I did not order any additional products. They told me that there was a letter in my package that explained that if I did not want anymore items I should have called them and cancell the order (that I have never ordered in the first place).
I told them that I did not authorize any charges to my VISA account but now the statement has come in there is a charge for $44.85. I called them and complained. they gave me an authorization number to mail it back (of course at my expense in order for me to have proof that I returned the bottles) and then they will give me a refund of $44.85.
THESE PRACTICES ARE DECEIPTFUL AND ONLY HURT CLIENTS LIKE ME WHO NEVER EVER WILL DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN AND MAKE THIS KNOW SOTHAT OTHERS WILL BE CAREFUL IN DEALING WITH THEM OR NOT.

R
1:49 pm EDT

Walkfit Platinum - Deceptive order form

when you order from their website their order form has pre-filled out fields for additional product. You have to carefully scroll around and make sure they are all unchecked or you get the product.
They offer no order confirmation before they capture and charge your credit card, so you don't see that you have inadverantly order other stuff - due to their site automatically filling it out "yes".
they will refund the product price, but not S&H, which is about $15/item - a huge rip off for something coming by US postal service.

11:19 am EDT

Walkfit Platinum - Unauthorized charges

My wife ordered Walkfit and a few days after receiving the shoe inserts, which suck by the way, a bunch of supplements showed up that we did not order and $200.00 of crap on her credit card. We disputed the charges. Today we received a letter from Walkfit complaining they could not charge another $27 to card and if we don't pay they will turn it over to a collection agency. What scammers. I plan to report them the the Georgia and California Attorny General's offices, you should do the same if you deal with these people.

C
May 20, 2010 3:28 pm EDT

I purchased two pair of Walkfit insoles on their web site. I have a pair which work well and wanted additional pairs. When they arrived, included in the package were gel inserts, which I did not order and which were sent to me on approval. In addition the amounts on the invoice were all wrong. I sent the entire order back to them with instructions to refund my money. I paid $59.53 for the insoles including almost $24 for shipping (more than the ad stated would be the cost). It cost me over $17 to return the order via UPS, but I didn't expect them to pay for return postage.

I received confirmation via UPS that Walkfit received the returns and I call them to find out when I'd see my credit. I was told that it would appear in 7 to 10 days. It did.

The credit I received was about $2.50 less than I should have received, but I decided just to let it be because it would not have been worth the hassle to talk to India to get the right amount.

I read in another review that these insoles are available at Target, something I checked and found to be true. I don't remember having any problems when I ordered my original pair many years ago. I just will never order from them directly again.

It's a shame that they've chosen to sell a product which I found to work via such underhanded and dishonest means.

Feb 13, 2009 11:18 am EST

I ordered the product and was charged extra for S&H (which) I did not request. They took the money directly from my checking account. As a result, a check which I wrote a couple of days later bounced and although the check was honoured, my bank charged $34. When I complained, I was told that they would credit my account $15.00. Once I receive the credit, I will return the item (at my own expense) to get a refund of the item. I will lose money on the S&H because they won't eat that charge. Do not do business with Walkfit.

Apr 02, 2010 7:41 am EDT

Walkfit...Crooks...website is misleading...chargeing $30.00 for shipping something so small...customer service is in India very rude people when you call, did not help at all. BBB needs to get involved and stop these crooks from ripping off consumers...true ripoff! Being charged for items you did not order. The worst part is calling a phone number for customer care and getting someone nmaed "peter" in India who reads a script and could care less about your problem...Very rude when I called when I tried to ask question they hung up...bad company...bad service...

S
9:20 pm EDT

Walkfit Platinum - paid for 2 pairs and received only 1.

Back in June 24, 2008 I ordered 2 pairs of walkfit inserts. I received only 1. I called Customer Service, and to my surprised everytime I mentioned I wanted a credit they would hangup! After several times of calling I got to speak to someone. I was promised a form for me to fill out, -for requesting credit or the 2nd pair. This was to be sent by fax. I waited and waited, checked the fax machine to make sure it was working... and nothing. I called back, got more hangups. I sent emails. Finally I got someone on the phone. This time they said the form would be mailed. After a couple of wks of waiting for this form, still nothing! I called back and now they said it would take 8 to 10 weeks for the form to be mailed out! Unbelievable. The time has past, and now its Sept. and nothing. In the meantime, when the purchase was done they didn't waste anytime taking my money. I really recommend people not to deal with them, they are running a scam. Its not about the money anymore, I am mad and just feel taken advantage of.

9:04 am EDT

Walkfit Platinum - Service not good

I placed an order with this company...Walk Fit America. I ordered 2 pr. of orthotics. They "promptly" debited my bank account for over $59. The product was not as expected and I returned it within 2 weeks...I am still waiting on a refund. They keep telling me I will receive it within 3-3 business days each time I call. And the worst part is that you cannot understand a word! The customer service reps speak very broken English. I asked to talk to a manager and was told that I could not. Not exactly good customer service.

1 comment
L
Feb 24, 2009 12:49 pm EST

I received my order and when I looked at the order form, I was outraged that such a small package cost me $54.65 S&H + I rushed the order for another $9.95. I ordered the product online after seeing the show and When you order online they do not give you a breakdown of cost or an order no./confirmation that you ordered the product. I understood by the commercial that I was getting the extra soles for FREE but instead I was charged $14.95 ea. set. I also found out that they charge you shipping and handling on each pair of soles...I bought 3 prs so if you divide that into $54.65, I paid $14.95 per pair for S&H. I order online all the time and never get charged this much for even large, heavy items. Being in advertising and marketing I stated to them this was very bad business and during these times they need to come up with better ways to ship. My customer service guy also had broken english and I even stated to him I don't know where he was located overseas or state side that he needed to tell his boss that the website, TV commercial and their order form needs to be clear to the customer what they are getting and what they are paying for it. They told me they would credit my account $28.00 for the extra shipping cost and that pairs of the soles in the future would not be charged with a shipping charge since I would be a repeat customer. My card was charged this weekend for 2 bottles of Joint Support since I signed up for that and I told them I did not want it. He stated to me when it came in to not accept the delivery and they would refund my money. I usually check out the internet for complaints but did not this time. I wish I would have. I was so angry that I left everything boxed and have not tried the soles. Hope this helps someone in the future.

L
5:28 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered the insoles advertised on television using my Visa check card. The original amount was deducted from my bank account on 3/11/2008 ($30.90, including shipping and handling). I received the package shortly thereafter via the USPS and was not overly impresses but satisfied with the product. On 4/10/2008 a charge against my bank account by Walkfit in...

Walkfit Platinum contacts