Vintage Gliders / Metal GlidersHorible restoration and painting

K

Wow were do I begin. Vintage Glider is really one of the only sources for these gliders, except e-bay. We order a glider in March 08 and recieved it in June 08. It was a 3 seat glider painted black and white. When it arrived after 2 1/2 months the workmanship and restoration efforts were so poor that my wife litterally cried. We called imediately and were told to send pictures. They would never confirm they recieved the pictures and stopped all communication. Months have gone by with nothing. After searching the web I have found many complaints and wish I would have done better research on them. They should be ashamed of the way they are cheating people. I am still trying to reasearch how to take legal action.

• Tr
    Tracey Sep 24, 2008

I too. have a complaint with Vintage Glider. I ordered parts that they have never shipped. They won't answer my phone calls or emails. I have contacted the BBB in Richmond, Va. They have sent out my complaint to Vintage Gliders. I hope I will get some kind of response from someone soon. I hate to see this company have this kind of business practice since it is the only one of its kind around.

• Da
    Daniel A. Torres Jun 19, 2009

These Mother ###ers are nothing but small time criminals. They ripped me off too. l I ordered AND PAID for an item in April that never arrived. "Natalee" was the ficticious name used by one of these ###s who assured me my item would ship on May 12th, which never happened. Numerous e-mails have gone out to them with no response back.The 800 number is conveniently turned off now. I too have contacted the BBB in the area, and I am also filing a lawsuit in order to shut these dishonest Mother ###ers down. If anyone else is interested in joinig my lawsuit please contact me!
    Daniel Torres [protected]

• Sc
    scoutkatie Sep 14, 2010

I sent a check for the restorataion and shipping of a glider and a table I saw online in June, 2008. I have been in and out of the country on business, but continue to email and occassionally call, Vintage Gliders. So far, nothing has been shipped to me and it's been over 2 years. About 9 months ago, they asked for my shipping address again and I thought "maybe..." but nothing came of that.

Daniel, are you still filing suit? Whatever happened about that?

So far I've been nice and patient about this, but I know it's been way too long.

Katie C.

• Sc
    scoutkatie Mar 21, 2012

I amending my comment of 1 1/2 years ago.

I did eventually receive my glider from Vintage Gliders after my previous comment. The woman who contacted me said that the company had new owners and they were trying to send out everything that had been paid for and that was in their warehouse. She asked for my shipping address again and I thought "yeah, right. I'll never get anything out of this" but I gave her the address anyway. Lo and behold a week later, the glider actually showed up at my front door here in Arizona! The glider was beautiful (I had sent a color sample with the original payment and the glider was restored and powder coated the perfect shade of blue) just as I ordered!

Unfortunately, the dining table I ordered did not arrive and was not to be found in their warehouse. I was offered credit instead, which I have not used as there have been no more similar tables on their site. I would have preferred my money back.

So, it did take almost 2 1/2 years, but I did get a nicely restored glider after the new owners took over. I have had my beautiful blue glider, outside in the sun, for over a year now and it still looks like it was just painted recently.

Regards,

Katie C.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices