Verizon Wireless - 57 West 57th Street Ny, NYhorrible customer service / expirence

J

Everyone's experience is different and I can't believe the one review before mine was so positive. I bought two devices, a Xoom and a Bionic from this store at different time. Each time I made my purchase there was somebody in the service area yelling. No big deal but I thought it was odd. So yesterday I have to take my Xoom in for service as it became frozen after sending it in for the 4G upgrade. I drop it off at 8:45AM right after they opened. I was promised if I drop it off they would "reset" the device by the afternoon and I would be on my way. I asked what if something terrible is wrong with the device? Can I get a new one since it is under warranty and I have already been without it for a week during the 4G upgrade?? Again, “no problem we could have one FedEx'd to you next day.”

Sounds good - I leave the device and get a call around noon. I’m told the device is frozen, which I already knew. I'm instructed to stop by around 3:00PM to fill paperwork out and get a new one shipped.

I stop in at 3:30PM, wait on line until 4:15PM at which point the service rep acts like he has just started looking at the device. He says, “let’s power this up and let me show you what's going on.” Thisis strange since I already know what’s going on. Completely confused and starting to run late for my bus I ask how long this will take as I thought he already looked at it.

This is going very long so I will cut to the chase. He couldn't get one to me over night, he had to get Manager over to help, who was very unprofessional and non-sympathetic to my issue. They called Motorola from their landline and stretched the phone over the counter and had me talk to them to describe my problem. Then told me I would have to file the claim with Motorola and they would send me a box for me to ship the device back to them and I'd have to wait weeks!! This is all after I was promised at 8:45AM that I could get one the next day. This is also after I have been out of a device for over a week during the 4G upgrade.
Next time I have to buy a device like this I’ll just go to Best Buy, they offer products like the Xoom on Verizon’s network and I’m absolutely positive if I had this problem I would have walked out within minutes with a brand new device. This store had a bunch of Xooms in stock and there’s no reason I couldn’t have received a new one and THEY should have battled it out with Motorola not the customer on the phone in their own service area.
BTW…. As I was leaving at the other end of the counter yet another customer was screaming at a different service rep. This store location has the absolute worst customer care I have ever experienced!