1600 North Port Washington Road, Grafton, WI, 53024, US
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

Meijerpharmacy

Pharmacy experience
I saw my psychiatrist yesterday and due to some issues she changed my vyvanse script from 7mg/1x a day to 40mg 2x/day. I brought the script to the pharmacy last night and was told by the tech that the pharmacist didn’t feel comfortable filling this script until she spoke with the doctor the following day due to my last vyvanse script being filled so recently. I wasn’t happy b/c I have specifically rearranged my schedule to see my psychiatrist early b/c of the issues I was having with the vyvanse, but I didn’t feel I had any choice, so I was told I would be called after talking to my doctor. All day today I checked my phone to see if I had any calls from the pharmacy for an update and checked online to see if my script had been filled yet. Finally at the end of work I called Meijer pharmacy to see where things were at and was told my script needed a prior authorization. I was confused b/c no one had said that last night nor had anyone called me to tell me that. The tech wasn’t sure so she asked me to hold to check with the pharmacist. The tech came back stating the pharmacist was finishing up with something and would call me back. At this point it was 330pm and I asked if I would be called back soon b/c my doctor’s office closed at 4pm so if I need something signed off I needed to call the doctor soon. She said it should only be a few minutes. I drove home which takes me about 30 minutes with no call back. I went to the pharmacy and was told that since 70mg is the max the insurance pays and the 40mg twice a day is 80mg they need a prior authorization submitted from the doctor. When I asked why I hadn’t been told of the change I was met with a blank stare and no answer. I was told they faxed the prior authorization to the doctor’s office last night. I quickly tried to call my doctor’s office a little after 4pm but the doctor had left for the day already. I asked if there were any options to get a partial fill or attempt to resubmit or any other ideas and was told no. There was no responsibility or empathy or apology given. My doctor’s office also told me that no one had called the doctor to check about the recent new script. The admin I had talked to at my doctor’s office called me shortly after and stated they had no prior authorization fax for me. I informed the pharmacist and was again met with no response. This is the only medication that helps me at all and jumping through all these hoops with no communication was extremely upsetting. I, unfortunately have to take a lot of medication and this one situation makes me want to take all my medication as well as my families and go somewhere else. I felt no support or help or team work to figure out a solution or at least a sorry you have to deal with all this.
[protected]

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
    • Jc
      J chen Jun 23, 2021

This is purely your insurance. I work with a clinic and insurance companies legally have 14 BUSINESS days to approve a prior authorization. It literally has zero to do with your doc or the clinic or the pharmacy. It's the insurance company. Meijer has nothing to do with it other than it being declined and being sent to the clinic to follow through. Again, legally they have 14 business days to figure it out. It sucks but it's the law. So either keep your current dose or go without until it's approved. No "partial refill" or anything like that will change the rule or law. If they don't cover it, we have to do a PA which is extremely time consuming nor do we get an answer for days. And the pharmacist nor the clinic know about it until it's submitted. It sucks but that's how it works. The only one to blame is your insurance company. Everything is based off them. The clinic nor the pharmacist have anything to do with the PA. It's not something you just sign off on. It's a huge questionnaire that can take a nurse an hour or more to do. And like I said, firs the pharmacist needs to send it to the doc which sometimes takes an act of God. Once we get it we need to find someone who has free time during short staffing. Once it's submitted, then they have 14 business days to respond (does not include weekends)