2200 Trenton Rd Ste 1a, Mcallen, TX, 78504, US
Fri:7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 11:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

rude

On 2/19/10 at about 12:04pm my wife and I went to eat at Subway. This is a regular restaurant we visit. I asked the lady that was preparing my sandwich to add more tomatoes on it and she was so rude on responding why she could not put more on it. I asked her again to put more tomatoes and she told the cashier to charge me extra for it. I was explaining to her that we come here all the time and this was the first time they did that. She rudely replied "well they probably did not know." So, I asked her that she was one of the persons that would never charge extra for the tomatoe. She again rudely said to me"That was not her problem." Like I explained before this was not the first time we go there. When I asked for her name she refused to give it to me. I asked her again and she said NO. When we go by they are always taking and not paying attention to the customers . We have to repeat are orders.

• Eo
    eo925s Mar 19, 2010

I have to agree she was very rude. There IS currently a shortage of tomatoes (price has increase 55% and the quality has plummeted, so we are a throwing out a lot of what we pay for), but I don't understand why she didn't offer that information to you... possibly because SHE didn't know what she was talking about.

A week after your incident, corporate Subway did implement an temporary reduction of the standard tomato formula in order to stretch the supply so the franchises weren't compelled to take matters into there own hands (which I think is what you experienced). More tomatoes should still be added upon request, but since plenty of customers don't notice the reduction, it still helps lessen the impact of the shortage. This explanation doesn't justify the rude behavior, but I hope it helps you understand where it stemmed from.

Antonio Montoya Feb 26, 2011

This is Antonio Montoya, I went to the above subway to order myself a sub and employee named Jessica Vasquez attended me in a very rude manner. I order a specific sub and she mentioned we do not have that type of bread, when I did see they had the bread. After I changed the bread and the person next to me did obtain the bread I had asked for. The employee ignored my suggestions in placing my order, was rude and was using fault language with an other employee. I would appreciate if you take further action to this matter and terminate her behaviors.

Antonio Montoya

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices