475 Crockett Trace Dr, Morristown, TN, 37813, US
Fri:Closed
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

customer service is non-existant

I bought a Walmart Visa money card for my grandson who was going away to college. I put $500 on the card to start. When I check the balance on the card 45 days later, it is $3.55. On the web site, I printed the transactions to see how and where my grandson used his money. No problem there. The problem was a difference between the initial amount on the card ($500) and the total showing spent on the transaction sheet. That total was $308.41. A difference of $191.59. I called Customer support for help and not only received no help but was charged $2.00 for asking for help. This is so typical of any company these days. There is sell, sell, sell to get the customer's money. But if there is a problem later on down the line, forget the consumer. I'm fed up with this crap.

• Am
    Amber L swan Nov 10, 2008

i got on the walmartmoneycard.com to try and find out how much money i have on my card well when i went to try and look it up it said my information was invallid and thats the information i gave the person to activate my card well my card doesn't expier till 04/09 so i would like to know how much is on it. to see if i can use it please get back to me as soon as posible. also i tryed to tpye in password witch i beleave it is the pin number that i activated my card and it doesn't seem to work is there a way i can reset my pin number or if you could let me know if you have a 1-800 number that i could call since i dont have long distance calling? well please get back to me as soon as posible from amber l swan

• Mu
    Munson322 Oct 12, 2009

I just moved back home after a stint in the US Army. The Walmart close to where I was stationed mysteriously started sending me text messages on my cell phone regarding the current ballance of my Visa card ending in 4 digits. So what's the problem? I DON'T HAVE A WALMART MONEY CARD!!! I've never applied for one, used one or heard of one for that matter. I called the Walmart back in California where I was stationed and they reffered me to this number: 1-877-937-4098. But this is yet another typical American 1800 number where I have to press 1 for English and it is impossible to speak with a living human being. I don't know what to do or what is happening. Am I a victim of credit fraud? Or did some dumbass without a contact number make one up on an aplication form that just so happened to be my cell phone number? I don't know but it kind of bothers me. Regardless of the fact, I'm still being charged for recieving text messages that don't apply to me. If anyone who reads this can direct me on where I can speak 1 on 1 to a real human being on resolving this matter, I'd really appreciate it.
    [email protected]

• Wa
    Walmart Victim Nov 21, 2009

Walmart Moneycard has still not given me MY OWN MONEY back even though I have filed complaints with every authority I could think of.

Bentonville Arkansas Police Chief James Allen,

The company identified below is withholding, and therefore by law, has stolen over $300 of my money. I would like to file charges with the Bentonville Police Department against the supervisor working at this company named Brian in regards to this crime.

Walmart
    702 SW 8th Street
    Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611
    479-273-4000

--- On Sat, 11/21/09:

Subject: Fw: GE Money Bank
    Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 9:12 AM

Monrovia California Police Chief Roger Johnson,

The company identified below is withholding, and therefore by law, has stolen over $300 of my money. I would like to file charges with the Monrovia Police Department against the supervisor working at this company named Brian in regards to this crime.

Walmart MoneyCard
    P.O. Box 1187
    Monrovia, CA 91017
    1-877-937-4098

--- On Sat, 11/21/09:

Subject: Fw: GE Money Bank
    Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 8:23 AM

My pre-paid visa debit card company as shown below in this e-mail, still refuses to credit my account even though I have written, called and complained. As a result of this I have no money to pay bills, buy gas, or groceries. Late fees, account cancellations and other problems with my other creditors, insurance companies, and utility companies will occur as a result of this company conducting business in this manner.

--- On Thu, 11/19/09:

Subject: GE Money Bank
    Date: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 6:05 AM

GE Money Bank is the issuing bank for my pre-paid Visa card.
    This company is holding $307.74 of my money even though they know I did not make the purchase. I have called and spoken to the following three different people at their company: Cheska, Krystal, and a supervisor named Brian. They are all refusing to assist me even though I have also filed a police report and have sent a letter to them and have sent copies to the FBI and Secret Service. There are also other unauthorized charges in various lesser amounts on my account that they have posted to my account even though I vigorously disputed both on the phone and in writing. This company should immediately credit my account for these monies and also should compensate me for cost of living expenses incurred as a result of being denied access to my own money.

Following is the text of the letter I sent to them:
    Walmart MoneyCard
    P.O. Box 1187
    Monrovia, CA 91017
    1-877-937-4098

Today 11/16/09 there began fraudulent activity on my WalMart Visa Debit Card

Following are FRAUDULENT activity on my card
    by someone who has stolen my card information:
    $307.74 TECH TURN 512-997-7974 Austin, TX 11/16/09;
    $4.52 HOME DEPOT #1114 ROCKHILL, SC 11/16/09;
    $48.73 MIRAFLOR FLOWER & GIFT MIAMI, FL 11/16/09;
    $4.11 HOME DEPOT #1114 ROCKHILL, SC 11/16/09;
    $222.95 TECH TURN 512-997-7974 Austin, TX 11/16/09.

This will serve to notify you that there may be a skimming device on the card terminals or an employee criminally abusing credit card information from customers at the most recent merchants where I used the card,
    These are LEGITIMATE purchases:
    $17.35 EXXONMOBIL (Cherry's Grocery)LUFKIN, TX 11/15/09;
    $20.85 COTTON PATCH CAFE #1 NACOGDOCHES, TX 11/15/09;
    $227.50 WAL MART #0163 NACOGDOCHES, TX 11/15/09;
    $43.29 BEALLS #14 MARSHALL, TX 11/15/09;
    $9.16 TACO BELL #3219 MARSHALL, TX 11/15/09;
    $60.50 SUPER 8 MOTELS MARSHAL, TX 1/14/09;
    $15.22 WENDYS #8229 MARSHALL, TX 11/14/09.

... and below is the transaction in question which the merchant clearly states it was declined and therefore none of my funds should ever have been debited from my account.

--- On Mon, 11/16/09, Brian Donaho <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Brian Donaho <[email protected]>
    Subject: TechTurn Follow-up on Fraud Charge Attempt
    Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 10:32 AM

Thank you for contacting us today with regard to this unfortunate attempt of fraud on your account. Attached please find a copy of the transaction details as we see it on our end. This transaction was declined, therefore no funds transferred hands although the attempt was made. Please retain this for your records. Please accept our apologies and feel free to contact us with any other questions.

Brian Donaho

Accounting

(512) 532-1430

cid:[email protected]

www.techturn.com

laverne johnson Feb 17, 2010

i been waitin for a 50.00 refund check for 2 weeks-i have not heard from you people. i fax my driver licensed no. to you to.. prove my idenity..and address, i am still waitin. my 50 dollars was taken from me on woth the walmart money card..i press to the terms of agreement and your online srvice tranferred me to a refund check in a unknown idenity name. i had to fax you my driver licensed...

laverne johnson Feb 17, 2010

i just got a false bill (in mail yesterday) from a west asset management co in sherman, TX 'trinity west 345.00 . ONWEST 18 po box 1022 wixion Mi 48393 1022..BUT-the mailin adrress is 2703 n highway 75 sherman Tx 75090. 2 different adresses..this got to have something to do with my misplace debit visa money at least 2 wks ago...the co was having technical dificult the next mornin i had to keep callin back.

call with info 563 579 6316

• Gr
    groundpounder33 Jun 28, 2010

GOT THE CARD IN A PINCH, IT ALSO SEEMS I HAVE PRBLEMS TOO AND ITS ONLY BEEN 8 HRS SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THE COMPANY, MAYBE EVERYONE SHOULD JUST FIND A CLASS ACTION LAWYER THAT WOULD TAKE ALL CASES COMBINED TO THE FED COURT FILE IT AND LET THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOOD AT IT HANDLE A LARGE CASE THAT WOULD IF WON WOULD HIT THEM HARD AND AT LEAST THEY, LL GET THE MESSAGR, AND JUSTUSE SERVED FO ALL EFFECTED, THANKS AND CHEERS [email protected] i welcome discussion on this subject

• Le
    Le Guerrier Jul 27, 2010

In 2006 I used the Greendot prepaid money cards. There was never a problem. But now the Walmart Corp. has taken over this fine business and is abusing it unmercifully. I got two charges on my card from 1800flowers. This company, who I would strongly caution against using, screwed up the data entry on the order so I cancelled the order. The result of cancelling the order was that I wound up with not one but two charges for 113.99 on my card. 1800flowers was nice about it and we got on a 3-way with walmartmoneycard. During this conversation, I heard my card balance read aloud by a mechanical recording. But despite that breach of security, the matter was supposed to be settled. But my money did not reappear. I called walmartmoneycard again. They told me they needed an authorizing fax from 1800flowers. I'm unsure how seeing to it that they received this fax was MY job but I did the work, and they received the fax. Still, the money was not returned to my card. I was told it takes 2 business days. Being that this is simply a matter of data entry, I'm unsure why it would take so long. So I waited. No money. I called walmartmoney card again. They affirmed that the fax had been received and that ONE of the $113.99 charges would be returned to my card by 10pm. The other charge they said would be returned the following day. Well, neither of the charges have been returned. It is very difficult to know for certain what is going on with Walmart. I have no choice but to continue to try and get my money reposted to my card. If successful, I will simply go to an ATM, remove my money, and that will be the end of any further business with the Walmart Corporation. Their support team 'appears' to be helpful but they produce no results and they lie without apparent remorse. So my advice to customers would be to remove your money from this card the very first chance you get, eat the small loss you may suffer, and find some other place besides Walmart to spend your money.

• In
    Inglorious Aug 16, 2010

The only thing I have had a problem with is customer service. I work overnight. I never even have the chance to hope for a person. And I don't see how they couldn't afford to have some staff after the "normal day" hours. I know, Hell and high water to come close to talking with someone, But I don't give up... So, If I need assistance, and willing to go the nightmare of your automated system, and willing to give in to the $2.00, Please... Stop treating your customers as if WE owe YOU anything. WE are YOUR paychecks. WE entrust YOU with our hard earned money, You don't have a right to nickel and dime (<- Hardly appropriate by what these other fine people are saying) us out of a penny.

• Da
    Danielle1234 Feb 04, 2011

I lost my walmart money card and I moved but i cant talk to any one at the 877 number to tell them to send my card to my new address... wat do i do???

• Mo
    Mom in Michigan Apr 13, 2011

It is straight up fraud. The C'customer service: is NOT in the US and when you request a transfer to a rep in the US it is refused and you are sent back into the queue in wherever they are. In my case, I pestered them to get me a supervisor who credited me back my refund in full after they said they would do it, and didn't. Then it was to be in 2 parts, half then half. I got it credited to the account in full after several calls. Then used it ALL and FAST. I will only be out the $24 remaining balance we had when we returned home. That was how fast they tried to take my money back, but I was prepared and got to MY MONEY befoe they could. Now they took it back and show a negative balance on my card online. I can't see ALL TRANSACTIONS and print them out but since I followed them closely while on vacation, I am 100% satisfied that I did the right thing by getting my credited refund OUT OF THAT ACCOUNT FASTER THAN THEY COULD TAKE IT AGAIN!! You can get debit Visa and Mastercards at REPUTABLE and FDIC insured banks ANYWHERE. I will go back to that now that I have experienced the nightmare that is the Walmart moneycard.

• Pw
    pw327 Apr 26, 2011

i hope someone will find a way to sue walmart and ge money bank they are rip off s 100% greed
    i am seeking the return of over 750.00 how about these thiefs sent me a refund check of 57.00 mailed out on the 4/18 this is the 25th not here yet. and when ic all they programed the computer to send my request to a computer response.uuhhhhhhhhhhhh this is awfull just stick to the banks people it s the devil you no or the one you dont what a choice

• El
    Elizabeth L. Crain May 02, 2011

As if there weren't enough fraud in this world being perpetrated by identity thieves, lender GEMB has decided to pull off a little consumer fraud of its own. Why not? They got bail-out funds. They posted an enormous profit for 1st quarter 2011. So by all means let's stick it to small business people who are struggling in this economy.

malinda garcia Nov 25, 2013

I just got the walmart money card but could not get it activate now there no way I can get a live person on the phone they need a live person on the phone ////

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices