ADVERTISIMENT
Sat:6:00 am - 12:00 am

Reviews and Complaints

MeijerEmployee behavior

Hello,

This incident occurred on 1/8/22 at approximately 3:30pm at the Meijer located at 40445 S Groesbeck Hwy, in Clinton Township, MI.

I was standing in the designated Shipt self-service line (I am a Shipt Shopper) and there was an employee, I believe her name was Amanda, who politely asked if she could sneak in front of me to scan two quick items before I scanned all my items (about a 50-item order.) I said no problem and let her go through, and unfortunately the checkout broke as Amanda put in her cash. The attendant at the self-service area called for further assistance from someone else.

After waiting for at least a minimum of 5 minutes, and no one was coming to service the check out, I was getting frustrated. Finally, an employee named Fallon walked up to assist us. Amanda mentioned, "Hey, we've been waiting a while." And Fallon responded, "Too bad, it's just you, I don't care." And proceeded to shove my cart full of items past the scanning area. She didn't bother to even acknowledge me, so I said "Girl, I still have to scan all those." She kept ignoring me.

Finally, when she was done with the register, she began to walk away. I started talking to her about Shipt and how she was making me late, and she tried to just keep on walking. I stopped her and said "So, you're just going to keep walking even though I'm talking to you?" She finally stopped and I explained, "I work for Shipt, maybe you don't know, but if you wait ten minutes to come help us then you're putting me ten minutes behind." I couldn't even finish my sentence before Fallon cut me off. "I can't get over here if I'm running three different stations" she said to me.

I have a background in retail management, and I get it, so I politely said to her, "I understand that…." And again, before I could even finish my sentence, Fallon cut me off and said "No, you don't seem to understand that or else you wouldn't be all mad."

I then said to her, "I do understand, but then maybe you need to speak with your manager and let them know that you need more people and customers are getting upset with having to wait so long." Again, before I could even finish the sentence or the conversation, Fallon put her phone up to her ear and started talking to someone. I said to her "Okay, that's now the third time you've completely ignored me." At that point, I walked away.

I am so frustrated and disgusted by how I was treated by this employee. All she needed to do was acknowledge me and apologize for keeping me waiting. Instead, she chose to combat me and then ignore me even more. It is unacceptable behavior for an employee to treat a customer in this manner and Fallon needs to be taught that.

Now, I have to go to this same store every day for my job and see Fallon and remember how I was treated so poorly. I usually do not ever have this bad of an experience with one of your employees, but I'm honestly so offended by the way I was treated that I feel like I must report this behavior. The way Fallon treated me should NOT BE TOLERATED. Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information. Thank you for your time.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

MeijerCashiers

I'm not sure what the problem is with meijers cashiers, however I've complained about this before and never get a reply back so my thinking is Meijers doesn't give a crap about it's customers. After spending $155.00 on a small amount of groceries I gave the cashier 8 coupons some of which were meijer generated.. After getting home my receipt only showed 4 had been rang up.. They were all valid and all the correct items purchased. Many times they ring my items up and never even scan the coupons upon which I now have to go stand in line at customer service to turn them in. Maybe customer service should be taken care of at the check out. May consider starting my shopping back at walmarts or krogers. Don't really think meijers cares much on customer service. Maybe $3 or $4 dollars is peanuts to your stores but being on a fixed income it matters to me..

Comment Guidelines