ADVERTISIMENT
749 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, US

Reviews and Complaints

Starbucksstarbucks racist manager

I visit a lot of starbucks. I like the atmosphere and the people are really nice to me.

That was until I went to the starbucks on 749 lincoln road, miami beach, fl.

I went in at around 7:30 am and it wasn't very busy. I was the only person in line. The male barista greeted me very friendly.

I asked for a tall cup of hot water because I had a via (that I actually bought from that starbuck two days prior). He said "sure."

The manager who was behind him went over to pour the hot water and said (in a very snappy tone) "i'll give you a small cup."

At first I thought she was offering me a small cup because that's the size that's recommended with a via.

So I said, "oh no, can you please give me a tall because it's too strong in a small cup for me".

She again snapped back and said, "no. I'll give you a small."

I was shocked. The other baristas seemed shocked too. It was rude and really uncalled for. I still have no idea why she not only denied me but was really mean about it.

I don't know why she did that. The only explanation I can think of is because maybe the way I was dressed (I was wearing a collared shirt but it was wrinkled) (but i'm on vacation in miami beach)

Or because i'm black and she thought I wasn't anyone important.

Or all the above.

I think it was all of the above.

The manager's name is danny taylor. I would like an apology from her for embarrassing me in front of all those people. If i'm not given an apology, i'm going to investigate if this was the first incident this manager at this store has had and if I find out it is then I will take actions to correct the situation.

I'm also posting this on my facebook and my work twitter which I have 4, 000 followers.

I would like an apology from that store manager and a free tall coffee from her since I had to go down the street and get one from another starbucks.

I hope corporate is more friendly than this manager was at starbucks.

Comment Guidelines

16 Responses
    • Re
      Reviewer43974 Nov 10, 2015

Starbucks has crossed the line this time. I'm giving them up now that they have removed references to Christmas on their cups. SB is now so politically correct I can no longer support their products, which I have been drinking for over 20 years. Too much...just too much.

matt83 Nov 17, 2013

the blanded of coffee is not enaugh...
      papermint is not dislike.
      when i say wan complaint, they show me bad adtitude.

• Fu
      FunnyOne Feb 21, 2012

She calls everyone on here a racist and then throws around a word like "cracker"! This is too funny! Maybe she should get her head out of her *** long enough to read her own comments, then she will realize that SHE is the racist! I bet she is related to that "race pimp", Al Sharpton!

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Feb 19, 2012

Our newest formula of phen-fen, now for trolls. Ignore them and watch the self-immolation begin.

Comments

Lauren Hill Feb 19, 2012

Just to let you know Anti-Alien-Death-Squad I leave my full name online as well. Nothing is going to happen. I bet you are so racist you think if some nut job is going to harm me they will be black, well they only go after crackers like you.

Lauren Hill Feb 19, 2012

You are all racist as well.

Lauren Hill Feb 19, 2012

This whole website is racist. I try to post a comment and it says that I need to have it approved. The admin know I am black and are doing nothing about me being harassed.

Lauren Hill Feb 19, 2012

Full name. I have been using my full name on this site since I joined in 2009 and nothing happened. Seriously you all need to grow up. It is 2012 isn't it time racism stopped. You are all a bunch of racists.

Lauren Hill Feb 19, 2012

She did let my husband know about the cups, but my husband is annoyed that she lied to her about them. Other places give a very tall glass, and she does not. Just because he is black. My husband is a VIA and he should be treated better than the other customers.

Lauren Hill Feb 19, 2012

Oh you guys are all ### and have the reading skills of a three year old. First you all go bashing me on my two reviews and now you are bashing my husband. Why don't you all go to hell you racist ###.

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Feb 19, 2012

I am calling personal vendetta shenanigans, though, why on earth would you put her full name and such a vitriolic and baseless accusation on a public site? You know what kind of sick people are out there? How would you like it if someone put you in a defenseless position and threw your vitals out there for every angry nut-job to mull over, while contemplating some form of social justice?

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Feb 19, 2012

Maybe he's right; maybe she is bigoted. So angry and prejudicial - judgmental and hate-filled, that she despises people of color so much that she lashes out in such a venomous and punishing manner: she refuses them the same amount of paper goods she would give a caucasian. Lynching is so blase, now those in the master race force the lowly vacationing minorities to drink much stronger coffee. Beware people, they will scald the crap out of everyone's mouths, one short at a time. I say we organize and occupy that coffee shop, until equal cup for equal request is achieved. Damn the man and his "policies" where is Government oversight when we really need it? Investigate it, I say, but be careful how far down the rabbit-hole this goes - it's quite possible that the klan has infiltrated our morning cup of joe.

• Br
      Bruno Bryans Oct 11, 2009

dude you did your haiku wrong.

• Ge
      Geoff Evans Oct 11, 2009

OH [censored]TTTT SOOOOOOOON!!! SOMEONE 'BOUT TO GET ### WHIPPED!

• timduncan86 Jul 15, 2009

me angry. you starbucks. rawr

jasmine Jan 14, 2009