Menu
CB Auto Parts and Repair Stores Firestone Complete Auto Care 4636 S Mason St, Fort Collins, CO, 80525, US
Firestone Complete Auto Care company logo
Firestone Complete Auto Care
reviews & complaints
Firestone Complete Auto Care company logo

Firestone Complete Auto Care

4636 S Mason St, Fort Collins, CO, 80525, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Working hours
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
ComplaintsBoard
B
2:24 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Firestone Complete Auto Care - Tire which is old; and stating tires were not available

tires purchase

First Issue;

On 11/08/23 about 4: 00 PM my SO got a flat fire near Fort Collins, Colorado, the tow driver said "I can tow you to the Firestone location" for free. Which he did and she got one tire replaced (they were planning on doing both fronts, but apparently only had one tire). They then made a list of issues (battery bad, brake needed replacement, cabin filter, etc) they said were wrong with car, most of which were false. The biggest issue was they put a "new" tire on which was dated 5122 (made in Dec 2022 or about 12 months old!)

Second Issue;

I wasn't going to have her drive around with one new tire and three tires at 50%.

So since she had one tire from Firestone, I (on 11/11/2023) looked online at tire pricing from the nearest Firestone to get prices. I saw the Suredrive Touring A/S tire for her car at $62.99 each. I checked the ratings and compared it to the Firestone A/S tire she got on 11/08/23. Customers rated the Suredrive at 4.5 vs 3.4 for the Firestone. Also the Suredrive treadwear, traction and temp were all better or equal to the Firestone. I ordered 4 of the Suredrive A/S tires online ($371.25 out the door!) and made an appt. for 11/14/23 at 9:00 AM. Later in the day I recieved a call from Firestone (Michael) stating "these tires aren't available, but I can give you $20 off each of the Firestone A/S". This sounded like the classic "bait and switch" scheme. I reluctantly agreeded to the price increase (about $410 and for only three tires!), since they matched the other Firestone tire. Later on Monday (11/13/23) I found out that the Suredrive tires were available at at least one Tire Plus location (a Firestone Corp. branch, I was told). I was very angry, as I believe I was baited and lied to, but I needed car to be completed ASAP.

The three lower rated & higher priced Firestone A/S tires were installed on 11/15/23 at about 9:00AM (with the same model tire that was made last year).

Installation went ok.

In summary:

I paid more than I should have ($410 vs $370), & got tires with a poorer rating with lower tread and temp ratings, & have one tire that is substanially older than the other three.

Claimed loss: I paid more than I should have ($410 vs $370 ) so $40.00 plus a cost reduction on the old tire or replace it with one that is same age as the three others.

Desired outcome: $110 refund ($40.00 plus a cost reduction on the old tire $5/week*13 =$65).OR$40 refund (and replace old new tire with one that is same age as the three others for free).

Read full review of Firestone Complete Auto Care