US Advocate Law GroupSCAM-

Do NOT use US Advoate Law Group or US Financial products or any affiliated companies you see below. Took 3500 up front for a mortgage modification and didn't complete the job. Our file was shuffled around to five different people after the initial company US Mortgage Modification Company went out of business. That was becuase they were operating with out a lawyer which is now against the law.
They refuse to give me a refund, even though it is in my contract. Jeff Nemerofsky is the lawyer the hide behind. Mark Moss is the proprietor. Now they are claiming that US Advocate Law Group had nothing to do with my case...five months later.

I would suggust filing a claim with the Orange County District Attorney. It is a simple form on-line and the more the better.

One pissed off mom!

More US Advocate Law Group Complaints & Reviews

• Kp
    kpeck Aug 19, 2009

I too was scammed by US Advocate Law Group. After only receiving calls from them regarding payment, never regarding the service I was supposed to receive, I called them back to question what was going on. A so called "manager" screamed at me on the phone, like it was my fault his staff did not do their job. He also told me he would take my money and not do anything for me. He was completely rude, degrading and seemed to thrive while humiliating me. They still had a couple of thousand dollars of mine so I felt I had to try to move forward with this process of modification with this company. I just took the verbal abuse over the phone. Finally, after 9 months of ultimately no service and having to call them almost daily (trying the squeaky wheel approach) I began receiving updated phone calls each week. Now, out of nowhere two weeks ago I get an email saying "due to unforseen circumstances" they are unable to continue working for me in my modification. Sounds like that manager was good for his word to just take my money and do nothing for me. It sounds to me like there was alot of misappropriating funds somewhere to just drop out like that. I wish I could sue them. I wish we could all sue them! I am so sorry for anyone who was fooled by these rotten people. I am hoping this is true: What comes around goes around.

• Iw
    i want a refund Aug 20, 2009

I work in the mortgage industry and know and understand the process of how a mortgage is modified. I, also paid USALG a lot of money up front to modify my personal mortgages. I have ended up with no results and no refund. However, you have the state attorney general to thank for your modifications not being completed and not getting a refund. USALG has successfully modified many mortgages till they were issued a cease and decist order to stop accepting money and new cases from new clients. This seems to have forced them to have to let go most of their staff due to not being able to fund payroll based upon no new business being accepted. This seems to have in turn caused USALG to have more cases in process than manpower to handle the existing caseload. I am in no way defending USALG. I want my money back also. I am just saying that I am not happy with no results and no refund and I don't agree with the way things are being handled. However, I do understand that this wouldn't be happening had they not been ordered to stop accepting new business. Apparently, this is what ultimately put us in this situation, not that it is or was a scam.

maui808 Sep 04, 2009

This is soo unhumane, I got scam also by US Advocate Law Grp. They sound so promising when they were asking for the payments and like the other peeople said I am left hanging right now don't know what to do after 5 months dealing with them. We should get our refund back because that money I paid them is not hard to earn specially this time of econommy. They should be imprison also and pay everybody they victimized.

• To
    Torra Jan 19, 2010

Hello FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, and State Bar, BBB DEC 28 2009
    On [protected] we were contacted by Michelle Hickler Senior Mortgage/Financial Advisor of The Star Financial @ [email protected] Toll Free: [protected] Ext: 225 Fax: [protected] for a Loan Modification. Michelle asked my Father put together a long list of personal financial items. On 12- 29-08 Michelle sent us a contract with who she works for a Loan Modification Proposal for US Advovate Law Group. US Advocate Law Groups address is 28202 Cabot Rd, Suite 650 Laguna Niguel, CA [protected] Ext [protected] FAX
    I notice that Advocate was spelled wrong so I also checked with the BBB. At first the US Advocates address, phone number was incorrect /and or missing. I emailed Michelle the info I had found from the BBB's website and a few days later address phone and credit rating is A+. My Father signed Proposal on 1-14-09 for $3, 500.00.
    Michelle advised us that US Advocate Law Group will call us will a update contact person. On 2-23-09 we were contacted by email ~ by Heather Torres and advised, I will be your Case Manager and one point of contact through your loan modification process. On average it takes 10-12 weeks for completion. During the process, you may or may not get phone calls, letters, or emails from your lender, however, if you do, it’s vital you forward any information you receive to me. It is very important that we stay in constant communication throughout this whole process for us to have a successful loan modification. Our contract reads we are not to speak with anybody but US Advocate, Heather Torres Case Manager, US Advocate Law Group, [protected] ext. 504-Toll Free [protected] [email protected]
    Then our paper work got lost, pages missing, and we had to refax and send all the personal paper work again. Heather Torres was taking a long time to return calls and emails so I contacted a Manager Elizabeth Moriel [email protected] [protected] ex 513
    on 3-20-09, because Heather didn't know how to open attachments. Then we emailed Glenda Wright [email protected] of under righting personal documents again on 4-1-09. Then my Father talked to Mark Moss [email protected] President EX 103. My Father was Very upset. On 5-6-09 we were reassigned again to a new case manager Jeanette Duran" [email protected] Ex 507 and asked us for the same documents but new verbiage.
    Then we were to contact Mark Bennett Owner of US Advocate Law Group 28202 Cabot Rd Ste. 650 Laguna Niguel, CA [protected] [protected] Fax [email protected] . Asking us for more personal information again on 8-13-09. Then on 8-14-09 I received this email from Mark Bennett ~ Myself and Angela will be the only persons contacting you, we are working as a team. In regards to the email being aol our system got over loaded. Therefore, to insure that we have contact with clients you & your Dad Angela & I are using aol.
    Then on 10-26-09 we received a letter stating US Advocate Law Group Jeff Nemerofsky the other owner I have resigned with charges pending from the State Bar of California. Unfortunately, neither I nor USALG can continue our efforts to modify your existing residential loan. Now all the phone numbers are disconnected. I check on the BBB's website and there rate is F+. We were told that an update was every 2 weeks then every 4 weeks. There was never an update just were working on your file or we were resigned to somebody new.
    On Nov- 11-09 I write this letter to you because we have not received our Loan modification as promised. The Group of Lawyers have taken our money, broke their own contract, performed No services to us, and closed their business without any acknowledgement to us. I believe this was dishonest conduct and fraud of our personal information.
    I would like a Full Refund of $3500.00. to my Visa account please. My email is [email protected] Thank You, Tora...

ATT: To otheres that have been with US Advocate Law Groups company contact the STATE BAR [protected] or www.calbar.ca.gov to down load client security fund refund and most important to file a complant against the group of lawers.
    Thank you for contacting the FTC. Your complaint has been entered into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide. Your reference number is: 0000

• En
    eneida perez Apr 19, 2011

muy cierto yo tambien le entregue $6, 160 en febrero 28 del 2010, tambien los reporte (state bar) y aqui espero justica.