Having problems with UpWork Global?

UpWork Global Customer Service Contacts

• 475 Brannan Street, Suite 430, San Francisco, CA 94107
• 224 N. DesPlaines St., Suite 400, Chicago IL 60661

European Office
Tordenskiolds gate 3, 0160 Oslo, Norway

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with UpWork Global Customer Service. Initial UpWork Global complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for UpWork Global above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about UpWork Global. Discuss the issues you have had with UpWork Global and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

UpWork Globalwon't let me have my earnings or quit

I've been with Upwork about 10 years in all. Upwork decided every worker needed a security badge. I can see the usefulness in knowing there's no fraud going on. Beginning mid-Oct we are all to have a video call with them and upload a picture ID to prove who we are. I don't have video calling but I sent a video of myself, told them some facts about myself and showed my ID. I uploaded my ID to show them. No not good enough. My account is frozen, I can't get paid or take jobs. I said okay, fine, I can understand that, so I ended all my contracts with employers--there's no sense in working if I can't get paid-- and tried to close my account and leave Upwork. They won't let me have my earnings or leave.

Desirable Resolution: I want to leave with the $170 in earnings I worked for.

UpWork Globalaccount suspension

Hello there,

Here I want to inform that again and again my account has been permanently suspended because of a client. Let me explain the case.

I have created this account and I approved this account after trying several times. Then I have worked with so many clients successfully and my job succeed value was 94%. But because one client I have confused. He just wanted me to contact outside of Upwork. I ignore SEVERAL TIMES and I requested him to send me an offer several times but he didn't do it and he asked me to send my bank details. I ignored it more than twice and finally he force me to send and then I sent. That was the only option was.

after that, I complained to the upwork about this issue and you guys suspended my worth account. I am a fresher to upwork and I beg you just kindly refer this matter and give my account back to me. I never ever beg this much if I did this purposely. But this is not my fault. That is why this much begging. I have attached all the screenshots regarding this issue. I am now in suicide mood. I cant earn at least 1 dollar. Even there is no chance to create any other account as well. My designs became just worthless for you guys. Why suspended my account because of another client.

I'm kindly saying this. Beyond the rules please just think about this matter, please. This is the very 1st time. Why you guys cant consider the work I have done with the other clients. It was done by my mistake as a fresher beginner it is normal for everyone. I am 100% sure and I promise this will be the first and last time. I am telling this much because I never ever wanted to cheat on you guys.

Last year you have given a permanently suspended account to a girl like me who faced the same situation. But why you can't do it for me. I am damn poor at this time. I never thought this kind of thing will happen to me. I never ever thought to cheat you guys. I never want to work outside. I need to improve my account and in future, I need to work with you guys. I am so satisfied with Upwork system and I am so much like this platform other than everything. So please give my account back kindly.

Chamika.
    Thank you!

Jul 18, 2019

UpWork Global — account suspension without any reason

Hi SIr, I want to bring to your notice that Upwork suspended my account on the ground which was totally...

Oct 29, 2018

UpWork — account suspended

Hi there, I want to bring to your notice that Upwork suspended my account on ground which was totally...

UpWorkThey disabled my account for no reason

I used this website for my part-time job. Sometimes I had little issues, but I resolved them pretty fast.
      Recently I quit my job to dedicate to a full-time freelance. And of course, I wanted to use the UpWork for a start. But all of a sudden I noticed that they disabled my account for no reason. I wrote several emails, but they are left unanswered. No problem, there're different places, but I have a good reputation as a freelancer on UpWork and I still want to get my account back :(

UpWorkFix it, please

Excuse me, but can't I decide what to do with my account without your participation, huh?
        I can't find a decent job on your website, it takes time to find it. I'm 23 and have no experience, so almost no one wants to hire a young lady. I need to have the rating, and I would love to work for this, but this is an endless story. So why then your website makes everything worse for me. Just leave me alone and don't put a private label on my profile. Please, fix it.

UpWorksuspended my account without any strong reason

Yesterday got one mail from upwork, that they suspended my account, reason mentioned that i am putting higher bids for projects, freelancing website have same duties that we put bid for getting projects, in my field competition level is quite high, didn't get projects easily, so on daily basis its mandatory to add bid on different projects, for this reason account was suspended, its not acceptable.

• Go
              gopi farhan Dec 19, 2017

They are fraud, same is happen to me also. They only motivating monthly subscription user. please join with me we will raise legal notification against them.

UpWorkI am complaining about taking my earned money

I am Sahak Tadevosyan, a top rated web developer on Upwork.

Yesterday they have held my account without saying anything. They wrote to my clients to look for another dev. What is the worse, they do not let me withdraw my money and have taken the last month's earned money.

I do not want to work with such a unreliable partner, I will continue working with my clients another way. But I demand my money back.

How can you help me?

UpWorkaccount suspended without any reason

Dear Sir/Madam I want to say that my Account on Upwork 441 Logue Ave
              Mountain View
              California
              United States - 94043 was suspended without any reason.When I call them they are not responding.My request is to take an action against Upwork team as soon as possible for suspending my account as soon as possible.Please activate my account as soon as possible.Thanks
              With Best Regards

• Go
                  gopi farhan Dec 19, 2017

UpWorkCan't receive my payment

UpWork was a great place in the past but they have changed a lot in a bad way. I was working on UpWork as a freelancer and received quite a lot of good offers but my recent experience was quite disappointing. I received a job offer, and when I was done with my part of the deal I did not get the payment. They said that I'll get my money within a couple of weeks, but it is now over a month and I keep getting empty promises!
                UpWork support promised to help and to contact my client but it doesn't seem like they actually did something to help me.

UpWorkTerrible service!!

I was a part of UpWork for a long time but recently I found out that my account was deleted.
                  I didn't use UpWork for about two months because I had my personal reasons and while I was away the cancelled my account. When I contacted UpWork they were not able to explain what was the reason, and the worst part was when they said that they were not able to get my account back. They said that if I still was interested in their service I could make another account!
                  With that kind of attitude they clearly showed that they were not interested in helping me. Terrible service!!

UpWork — Upwork suspended my account without notice

Hello sir/mam, 2 Month ago Upwork permanent suspended my account. Last 4 years i am working only on Upwork...

UpWorkCustomer service regarding suspended accounts.

They have outsourced their entire management now the result is complete garbage. My wife and I were permanently suspended because their automated system wrongly detected that we were the same person fraudulently creating multiple accounts. We have both worked together there since 2008, identity verified, and earned about $10k each. We are both real people and live together which is why we share the same devices. No discussion is being entertained by their help and support, yet the kicker is the agent holding me accountable for the 10 cent test payment which is stuck in limbo, since neither of us can use our accounts:

Request #[protected]
                    Accounts suspended over a test payment of ten cents that didn't even go through.

Avatar Nick Mares Yesterday at 11:34
                    My wife and I were testing sending and recieving payments because we haven't used this site in three years and our payment methods were no longer current. We have had our accounts since 2008. Please don't delete them over a test payment of ten cents that didn't even go through.

Avatar Annelyn Mae B. Yesterday at 13:33
                    Hello Nick Mares,

I’ve checked your account and regret to inform you that our review committee’s decision is final.

They’ve evaluated all aspects of your account and determined that your account will not be reopened. The policy violation(s) were simply too serious, and I’m not able to reverse this decision.

We wish you good luck in your career.

Regards,
                    Annelyn
                    Upwork Customer Support | support.upwork.com
                    Avatar Annelyn Mae B. Yesterday at 14:16
                    Dear Nick,

Hi again!

As for your concern regarding your finacial account being put on hold for a negative balance, you will need to settle the issue by contacting PayPal support or you will need to add another verified billing method on file. You can also communicate with the freelancer to refund the amount to you by having the freelancer contact us so we can reverse the amount for you.

I hope I was able to address your concern. If you need further assistance or experience any additional issues, please submit a new ticket using this link and one of our team members will be more than happy to help.

Regards,
                    Annelyn
                    Upwork Customer Support | support.upwork.com
                    Avatar Nick Mares Yesterday at 15:55
                    I'm confused by your 2 different responses. What exactly was the policy(s) that we violated?

Avatar Nick Mares Yesterday at 19:58
                    My wife and I do not have double accounts. We have both worked together on odesk since 2008, identity verified, and earned about $10k each. We are both real people and live together which is why we share the same device(s).

UpWorkDidn't receive the payment

I was looking for a job and found this website UpWork which seemed trustworthy enough. I decided to give it a try and made an account and was lucky enough - got my first (and last) project! After work was completed I was supposed to get the payment, but no one ever paid me. Then I contacted UpWork and explained what happened but they did not care. They said they'll try to help and next day I found out that my account was cancelled. UpWork is just a waste of time and it a real scam site! Do not waste you time there as a freelancer!

UpWork — Account suspended without any explanation

Hi I was working on an active job and suddenly out of nowhere my account got suspended and there was no case...

UpWorkAccount suspension

Upwork support people, suspended my account and now they will going to close it:

- Problem is with payment outside the Upwork.

First of all, Upwork support people suggest me to go for the payment outside of Upwork.
                        Second, Payment outside has been made, but not me and not on my account.

They suspended my account just for talking about paypal, without any good evidence. They do not want to admit their mistakes and Upwork support people protect each other, even if they do not have concrete evidence for their conclusion. They just concluded at their own.

Upwork support helper suggest me to go for the paypment with the client outside Upwork. Please find attached documents

They told me that they closed my account because I accepted the payment, at first. But then, after I proofed my self, that I didn't they do not want to change their mind, because they protect them self. They even told me that simple attempt can be enough to suspend account. I tried to ask according to which rule is attempt illegal, but didn't get the answer.

In section of Upwork are working people who do not know how to do their job, people who do not know what's mistake and they do not want to accept their mistakes.

If you do not believe me, please check their test scores on Upwork. Their score is around average or bellow it.

Best regards,

Toma

Account suspension

UpWork — Payment reversed by upwork after complete the project with 5 star rating and review

I have completed my project with 5 star rating and good review but client refund his payment from upwork...

Indore

UpWorkFraudulent website!

I used UpWork three times and worked as a freelancer. First time when I completed my work I had some difficulties with receiving the payment, but in the end I got my money. Second time I got only partial payment and was totally ignored by a person which hired me.
                          The third time I received no money at all. I contacted UpWork customer service and explained what happened and asked for help. They did nothing at all and my issue was never resolved. I sent them numerous emails and then they just blocked me and later deleted my account!
                          So think twice and better do not use this service.

UpWorkDreadful website!

I was searching for a job as a freelancer and joined www.upwork.com. Then I received a message from a person which said he was working for reputable a company and they needed someone to make a new website for them. I was so happy and agreed. Then I was interviewed on Skype by that person and he said my skills and previous works were great, so he hired me. Few hours later he asked me to go out. I told him that I don't want to go anywhere and he offered me money! He said that he was lonely and wanted to spend a night with me and asked if $500 was ok or I wanted more!!! This maniac found me on UpWork!! Beware!

UpWorkBeware of Upwork.

The way UpWork runs a business is absolutely terrible! I needed to make a website, so I've decided to try this site and I was hoping to find a professional, who would help me. When he finished his job I was absolutely terrified! My site looked terrible and I had to pay and make another one! I suggest everyone to stay away from this place. Upwork customer service doesn't really care how professional their freelancers are, they want only money! As a business owner I will never use this website ever again!