Ultra Slim XSAggressive Marketing and Refusal to provide a Refund

I don't normally respond to aggressive internet marketing but in the case of the Nature's Acai Berry and Ultra Slim XS weight loss advertising scam I fell victim.

Here's the scam:

1. I came upon a website with the testimonial of somebody named Michelle Thomas from New York who reports that she lost 35 lbs on the Nature's Acai and Ultraslim diet. This is the first part of the scam. Michelle Thomas is also the same person with as Katie Carson, Naomi Conrad, Jenna Patterson, Laura Conrad, Jaymes Conrad and on and on who.

2. There were prominently placed sidebars on Michelle's site with the names of of Dr. Oz, Rachael Ray, Health Magazine and ABC News prominently displayed. If you don't read them carefully, you won't realize they are not supporting these particular products but the problems of obesity and general health benefits of Acai berry and colon cleansing and not using them for weight loss.

3. When you try to navigate away from the web pages you are prevented from doing so and are confronted with pop-ups asking if you really want to leave the site and offering the free trials for even less in shipping and handling than the initial offering. See examples below.

4. So I fell for it, ordered the free trials of Acai and UltraSlim for the cost of the shipping and handling. I received the trial products about a week later. Then about a week after that I had charges totaling $169.86 on my credit card, including the $29.95 cost of some kind of membership that I had no idea was part of the order! In other words -- the 14 day free trial is really a 7 day trial at best. Really not enough time to decide if you want to pursue the diet and pay for the products.

5. I called Nature's Acai and with some minor cajoling was able to get a full refund for both the pills and the membership. I agreed to send the unopened trial pills back in order to receive full credit. Fair enough.

6. I called UltraSlim XS and they refused to refund my money -- even though I had not opened the trial bottle yet, even though I had not received the additional pills that they billed me for 13 days before. I still haven't received the Ultra Slim pills and it is now 16 days after they charged me. If I had wanted to take the pills and do the diet it would have been interrupted by the delay in sending pills.

7. SUPPORTING INFORMATION:

A. YAHOO SEARCH FOR TESTIMONIALS ABOUT ACAI AND COLON CLEANSING (SAME PERSON ON MOST OF THE PAGES!) http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22My+oldest+daughter+asked+me+what+was+wrong%2C+and+I+realized+that+I+was+just+unhappy+with+my+body.+I+never+slowed+down+enough+to+really+take+that+into+consideration+until+that+day+in+the+dressing+room.%22&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

B. MORE ON THE MULTIPLE SITES WITH THE SAME PERSON MARKETING:

C. TRYING TO NAVIGATE AWAY FROM ULTRASLIM XS Site:

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page? WAIT! Before you leave we'd like to offer you shipping for ONLY $1.95. Click cancel to take advantage now! Press OK to continue, or Cancel to stay on the current page.

D. MORE ON THE DECEPTIVE MARKETING OF ACAI BERRY AND ULTRA SLIM XS

jack lofstrom Dec 19, 2018

MAIL ORDER FRAUD at its finest! USING PO BOX'S and 3RD PARTY MANUFACTURER AND DISCLAIMERS ON THE PRODUCT AND SALE OF SAME SO YOU HAVE TO READ THE FINE PRINT OR BE PREPARED TO PAY 100'S OF DOLLARS FOR A PRODUCT THAT DOESN'T WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    They have their bases covered so a Philadelphia lawyer will even have difficulty get justice.
    THIS ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS.

• Re
    ready to take action May 25, 2010

Same thing has happened to me. Exactly word for word. except when I called to cancel, I asked if I needed to send them back and they said no.

• Lm
    LM315 Mar 15, 2010

This company is a JOKE! They aren't even offering this product to anyone new but they will talk to existing people that they scammed. I just got the letter in the mail that they are expecting payment because I hadn't mailed them the remaining bottle I hadn't used when I cancelled it. When I called and cancelled they didn't tell me I had to ship back the bottle. The lady on the phone today told me that isn't their job to tell me that. I don't want to pay them and yet they are threatening to send it to collections!

Madd May 18, 2009

I have fallen victim to the scam as well I want all my money back. I haven open the bottles. I want my money. Between this
    company and the Acai Berry co. I have lost $300.00. That is a chunk of my Rent Money. I'm unempolyed!!
    Madd

• Ju
    Julia Tedesco May 09, 2009

I signed up for their free offer of their diet pills - you pay ONLY shipping and handling of $4.95. That was on April 16 and on May 1 they charged my credit card $59.95. I did NOT get any more pills or authorize the second transaction!!! My name is Julia Tedesco [email protected]

• Et
    Ethan Apr 23, 2009

To my fault, I did neglect to read the terms and conditions in full, but they ad really should advertise "A FREE BOTTLE FOR 14 DAYS!" When the advertisements say "Try a free bottle", it should be free. I know, that's probably a little naive, but I never thought honesty in advertising would be too much to ask for.

madd Apr 10, 2009

This is a very very poor company. I would never tell anyone to use it.

madd Apr 10, 2009

This is a very very poor company. I agree very much.